Starting to think Liao is next hero. (Like almost 97% sure)

General Discussion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNowEECUB3A for ref.

Basically Jeff has come out and said the next hero is only one who has been hinted at.

Basically not a character with a lot info about him or her or it.

This almost basically cuts out all the candidates, I have piling up to till this point.

Mostly because all because all had a lot of backstory already existing (not fan made) and it cuts out the leaked candidates we heard over 8 months. (which may been faked.)

Leaving only one candidate: Liao "one of the founding members of Overwatch."

This literally all we know of Liao....

So with what Jeff said, plus all my research in lore. I am 97% sure it's Liao, 1% think Jeff is Lying, 1% has doubt that I may have missed a tiny detail in the giant pool, and 1% is a mix of other different things.
Honestly having a hard time believing it's anyone else.
mama hong is the next hero haha
12/16/2017 02:31 PMPosted by maikisvk
Yes please.
not once been hinted at, lore wise, sorry.
12/16/2017 02:33 PMPosted by Prett
Yes please.
Jeff literally could have just said the name. I think he just gave too much away here.

Hammond is the closest other candidate but then thanks to the moon map, we got alot more info on him then we would to just have be "Hinted at".(Basically as to be as much info as we had on Moira earlier this year. Only one fills that role.)
It's either Liao or Sanjay, but I'm leaning towards Liao, since releasing Sanjay would mean three talon characters in a row and it would be nice to have another overwatch agent
or its athena hopefully as defence
Mama Hong please
I'm hoping for Soundquake, he was referenced in the Cinematic Trailer
12/16/2017 02:38 PMPosted by TopazArrow
It's either Liao or Sanjay, but I'm leaning towards Liao, since releasing Sanjay would mean three talon characters in a row and it would be nice to have another overwatch agent
Nah we run into the same issue like Hammond, cause we already know alot about Sanjay from the Sym comic plus more just recently.

Sorry but it's likly the only one who's has the least info, that being Liao.
I personally hope it's none of these heroes that we already know are in the Overwatch universe. (Brigitte, Junkertown Queen, Hammond etc.)
12/16/2017 02:41 PMPosted by InsertTag
I'm hoping for Soundquake, he was referenced in the Cinematic Trailer
Pretty sure Soundquake is actually another name for Reinhardt, pretty sure it was refereced somewhere.....but I guess that would be the only other one.

Though he was not really hinted at, plus "Soundquake"(Reinhardt) art was in the art book recently.
What if it's Gerard (or however you spell his name, I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment), and we get another addition to the list of heroes-who-died-but-not-really?
12/16/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Titanium
What if it's Gerard (or however you spell his name, I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment), and we get another addition to the list of heroes-who-died-but-not-really?
Confirmed Dead by Blizzard.
12/16/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Jesterskull
12/16/2017 02:44 PMPosted by Titanium
Confirmed Dead by Blizzard.
Oh. ._.
But what if that's what they want you to think? o.o
12/16/2017 02:43 PMPosted by Prett
I personally hope it's none of these heroes that we already know are in the Overwatch universe. (Brigitte, Junkertown Queen, Hammond etc.)
Along with Athena, Max, and Sanjay, we know too much about them. Making it not someone you could hint at for the next hero. Like Jeff said.
im pretty sure its Jeff Kaplan himself 97% sure

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760836175
12/16/2017 02:48 PMPosted by Nelke
im pretty sure its Jeff Kaplan himself 97% sure

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760836175
The only plausible theory.
12/16/2017 02:46 PMPosted by Titanium
12/16/2017 02:45 PMPosted by Jesterskull
... Confirmed Dead by Blizzard.
Oh. ._.
But what if that's what they want you to think? o.o
Sorry.... even if it is true, we also know too much about him already.

Least info wins, in this case.