For people who are quitting or can't climb.

Competitive Discussion
Forum Moderator Note: We welcome constructive feedback on the forums, but we ask that you avoid the kind of negativity displayed here. Toxicity in all forms will result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges.
You must have played with a lot of these people to know this...
Yeah, no
So when a teammate
- write "OMG we have moira I'm gonna throw this game!"
- decides to pick a hero that can get behind enemy spawn on attack and just spam a dance emote
- tilts due to close range healers not following him as genji and healing him
- decides to go AFK
- will "carry coz he GM smurf GGz"

It's because im not improving?

These reasons and many other like it are the reasons why I have decided to not play anymore in this league ..
i hit 3300 again and i win as much as i lose xD
Try this video on gamesens. It really helped me alot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa61EG-4zw0
lmao...this is the dumbest post i've read today
I had 3 times leavers in my first 8 games today, played 6-7h to gain 20 more sr than when I started. Also in fresh account i got +500 sr from what i am currently in 20-25 games. To get this on my main I will need around 100h playtime.
I see what you tell me, I think you're part of the problem.
12/19/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Dummly
I feel so bad for you and wish I could help.

Also, the only reason you cant climb is because you are simply not improving.

You don't have game sense.
You don't make call outs.
You never try to find what you did wrong.

You didn't quit Competitive because of Toxicity, (Maybe you did) you quit because you simply aren't improving.

Dislike, I don't care. That won't make you any better at the game. I'm telling you the truth.

You are actually quite incorrect. But glad you seem to know the majority of the people and are in all of our matches.
How about the part where Im one game away from diamond, we loss a close extra rounds match and I have gold healing and obj time but blizz still feels they need to take away 33 sr. lame
12/19/2017 10:32 AMPosted by CashYo
How about the part where Im one game away from diamond, we loss a close extra rounds match and I have gold healing and obj time but blizz still feels they need to take away 33 sr. lame

Well objective time and healing aren't hard to achieve whenever you are playing a healer.
I get that 9/10 matches.
This post is hilarious!

First off, you're playing on Xbox. No idea what the player base is but I'd imagine it's significantly smaller than PC (and thus a wee bit less competitive.)

Secondly, you have a LOT of hours this season. One of the my major complaints is ranking up feels like a grind, instead of an accurate representation of skill.

Congrats on grinding it out. Just going to throw out there you see a lot of similar complaints in other Blizz games.... http://www.gosugamers.net/hearthstone/features/38119-why-hearthstone-s-ranked-ladder-is-unrewarding

Now a free 2 play 1v1 card game aint the same as a paid for 6v6 FPS. But there is no transparency about how MM works so I am going to assume their goal is to make people grind. We already know they manipulated ranks to put people lower to give them a sense of progress and achievement.

Honestly this post is just trolling and I dont think moderation team should have approved it but *shrugs shoulders*

I grinded to 3700 once, and I'll never forget getting through diamond was about 10x easier than moving 100 points out of platinum. That makes sense, I guess.

You didn't quit Competitive because of Toxicity, (Maybe you did) you quit because you simply aren't improving.

Dislike, I don't care. That won't make you any better at the game. I'm telling you the truth.

Edit: You Don't care about truth, you are all DPS players who instalock and won't choose a second healer or Tank.
Scum of Overwatch.

Least helpful post ever.
12/19/2017 11:53 AMPosted by Dummly
12/19/2017 10:32 AMPosted by CashYo

Well objective time and healing aren't hard to achieve whenever you are playing a healer.
I get that 9/10 matches.

So penalized for doing my job, sounds classy.

I haven't lost a game this season, but I am still quitting (or at least taking a break) because of the toxicity.
Want to know why I've uninstalled? Balance. This game is so horridly unbalanced it's stupid. Junkrat is entirely broken, mercy is still too viable. To be honest the game just is not fun it's frustrating. Not to mention the "balanced match making" is an actual joke in itself. I had a platinum on the enemy team in masters.. Balanced btw. I've had top 500's and diamonds in the same game. The game needs a fix.
So.... lemme get this straight - I have a 50/50 W/L ratio this season, and I've LOST 200 SR. I'm not saying I'm the best healer around, I'm not saying I'm anywhere CLOSE - but a few of those games we won were because I was dishing out the heals and the damage boosts faster than the enemy team could bring the pain. Some of those wins were because I was dancing around on the payload contesting it while the other 5 guys on my team trotted back from spawn. Yes, I realize I diverge from the large player base because I main a healer, but the reason I'm not climbing is NOT due to non-improvement. I don't know how many hundreds of hours I've watched of Unit Lost, Over-Analyzed, Oasis, Sarah, and oh so many OTHER commentaries on how to get better and how to improve as primarily a Mercy main, but really ANY player - keep track of cooldowns, ult charge, not just YOURS, but the enemy team's as well - bonus points if you occasionally look at your OWN team, see if they got ults, and if not, start the Ult percentage check spam. That's not even counting the countless hours I've spent ruminating on my own game play, wondering how I could position myself better, use the map more to my advantage, explore it for any nook or cranny to utilize which might catch the flankers unaware, or in the practice range or vs AI to hone my pistol use. I have spent literally HUNDREDS of hours trying to achieve peak performance with Mercy, and about another 150 - 200 hours with the other heroes combined, trying to better myself with them.

I KNOW I'm no video game god, not even close, but that does not detract from the fact I have dedicated more hours than I know what to do with in order to better myself in this game, and specifically with this one character. The fact I'm not climbing may rest partially with me, but most definitely not fully - in fact, I would wager the blame rests largely NOT on my end, but with the gamers I've queued into games with who pick 4 DPS, 1 tank and I end up the solo healer. Or even if that part works, and we somehow wind up with the win, the next game will have "perfect" team comp - 2 - 3 tanks, a DPS or two, a healer and THEN me.... but they lack ANY measure of teamplay whatsoever. That's not necessarily anyone's fault, but Overwatch is a team sport, so the team with the better teamplay largely wins out - unless you have a few people on the other team with HUGELY superior game skills; but that almost never happens and even then it's hell to win one of those games.

And then we get to the games which are going great - and then one of your team mates leaves the game for no known reason after you capped the 3rd point on Gilbralter say - and now you face the whole 2nd half permanently down a player. It's not *impossible* to win those games - merely highly improbable, and also not your fault. So you see, explaining someone's "Incapability" to climb ranks is not so simple as "You're simply not improving", or "git gut scrub", it is due to many different variables, only a few I touched on here. I wrote an entire paper on the problems in Overwatch, so I know a thing or two about the variables. Nothing Blizzard official like weight of personal data in MMR vs team Win or Loss, but I've studied personal skill, effort, team skill (overall), team effort, little things like backing up and getting stuck on a barrel, which leads to your death, snowballs to the enemy team taking the point, etc..., and so on.

I get that this original post is theoretically aimed at the large player base who instalocks a DPS role, and jumps around near the enemy spawn as Genji while demanding healing(No offense to you respectable Genjis out there who are hella team players) Or the Pharah main who refuses to switch off despite the opposing team having a Soldier, McCree AND a Widow all who know what they're doing and how to shoot him outta the sky. I GET that. BUT - as a support main who does his job as best he can (Ok, I'm only human, I have my moments or my nights where my judgement is WAY out of whack) it's utterly RIDICULOUS to suffer such a huge SR decrease with an even 50/50 W/L ratio. I can maybe understand a few points difference because I may have underperformed more than I over performed - but 200? really? Come on Blizzard, I LOVE Overwatch, I've poured essentially all my gaming time since game release into this game. I LOVE Competitive, as I'm an extremely competitive person, but I KNOW you all can do better than this scoring system right now.

TL; DR - "You're horrible, you don't try to improve yourself, git gud" does not do the average Overwatch competitive player justice. Figure out some facts, maybe back it up with some stats on whatever view you just claimed to have and THEN we can talk about this.
If it's bothering you that much go get a degree in computer science and/or statistics, move to Santa Monica, and get a job at Blizzard.

Maybe you can fix things for us.

Edit: You Don't care about truth, you are all DPS players who instalock and won't choose a second healer or Tank.
Scum of Overwatch.

Or.....they don't have 40 hours a week to play and learn to get good and they don't care and take the game as seriously as yo do.

Calm down son.