A solution for false reporting

General Discussion
12/29/2017 12:57 PMPosted by Adran
Let's say you got five reports per season.
I bet I report 5 people per day. Between abusive chat, poor teamwork, inactivity, and griefing... It's hard to play for any length of time before running into someone who needs to be dealt with.

We had a Mei yesterday in a duo who walled me into spawn at least 6 times. Her partner was sitting off in the corner emoted as DVA. Thats two right there.

Someone kept spamming a string of 5 racial slurs. Abusive chat.

Soon as we started loosing a match a guy started screaming at people on the team, saying they are trash for playing Mercy and Widow. Reported for poor teamwork.

Putting a limit on how many legit offenders you can report is just a step in the wrong direction... AND i've seen crap like this from blizzard before.

When sc2 came out, anyone you played a game with could msg you. So after a game, people could just harass you. And you know what happened? Block list full. WHAT?! Your blocklist was limited to like 100 people. Terrible design flaw if you ask me, and it still hasn't been fixed.
You showed proof that the current system doesn't work, Roaming.

Limiting the amount of reports gives them value. The fact that you can report now, doesn't mean that they do much.
Also, you have other players to back you up if you are out of reports.

A block list has nothing to do with reporting.
5 reports token per week seems more reasonable and if successfull reports go in, the report token is refunded.
I just want to limit them, it doesn't have to be 5 per season.
12/30/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Adran
I think that's not enough limiting.
An AI can learn from a human team.
Wouldn't less reports help humans?
Less to check.
The human team is needed in 1st place. We don't have it yet.
And as I said, limiting the number of report don't help. Already tested in others games. Same as here.
12/30/2017 01:07 PMPosted by OmegaPRED
12/30/2017 10:30 AMPosted by Adran
I think that's not enough limiting.
An AI can learn from a human team.
Wouldn't less reports help humans?
Less to check.
The human team is needed in 1st place. We don't have it yet.
And as I said, limiting the number of report don't help. Already tested in others games. Same as here.

Your game might not work because of other reason, I don't know it.
And it's also more fair. Normal players would effect the system the same way toxic Let's-report-everyone effect it.

Which means that the current counting system (with a lower punishment threshold) will work much better.

In fact, that's probably the core of my idea.
im not doing stats, but basicaly reporting 0.75 user per game.

-openly throw
-bad teamplay (third dps pick n sh*t)
(when you stick with your useless pick and won't have a word to your team asking why, it is bad teamplay)
-racism, sexism, harassment
-talking in your barbarian language with your "friends" while in TEAM chat the entire match is an offense for me.
Most french, arab and hispanic doing that
"Hey bud wanna play Overwatch?"
"Nah man, I used up all my reports so I'm done today/this season."

Limit reports will not work and never will, it will restrict people from playing if they used up their reports.
5 reports per season... I'd say 5-10 a day would be more reasonable. Either way limiting the amount of reports is not the solution, coming down harder on false reports and toxic behaviour is.
You need more manpower to check more reports.

Thing is, we don't need to report everytime someone is being toxic.
We need a system that finds the toxic people.

Equalising the players' power is a step in that direction.
I'm thinking of opening another thread, one that makes my arguments clear.

Is there anyone who read my answers and still doesn't agree with that solution?
5 per season? LOL I report at least 1 play per day and I only report offensive/toxic players. I'd say 5/week would be ok
It should be limited by day / week, not season. Reports, if limited by 5 a season, would be too heavy then and be an even bigger threat in bullying other players then. As it stands, we see a lot of people already threatened with reporting. If we limit it by day / week, however, people like me who maybe report 2-3 people every week won't be affected, but false reports will be slowed down and abused less.
Just read my answers, even this page.