If Overwatch Could Take One Thing From Paladins...

General Discussion
EDIT: Please feel free to leave a comment or a response! There's actually a lot of good conversation happening below despite the downvotes!

TRIGGER WARNING!
An opinion!
Tread carefully!

----------------

It would be the passive healing that starts after about 3 to 4 seconds when out of combat.
It takes a good amount of time to refill, but it sure beats going all the way back to a health pack that may or may not be used and focuses less on needing a healer to haul butt to your position.

I really liked how passive healing allowed for more focus on strategies than worrying about who was healing or whether they could leave the team for a health pack yards away.

While I know it wouldn't be implemented, I still wish it were a thing. :)
Put less pressure on healers and more on focusing down the enemy. :D

Just a thought!
I'd rather have this stuff from Paladins:
mounts to get back from spawn quicker..
or individual hero levels..
or multiple voiceover match announcers to choose from
or the card system if they implement it right
or paladins' superior practice range
01/02/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Lacerta
I'd rather have this stuff from Paladins:
mounts to get back from spawn quicker..
or individual hero levels..
or multiple voiceover match announcers to choose from
or the card system if they implement it right
or paladins' superior practice range

I do love the card system, but I don't think that they would implement it in Overwatch due to it being a rock paper scissors!
Still I do love the card system! XD

If they get rid of the loot boxes due to being deemed gambling, hero levels might be the way to go! XD

Announcers would be awesome! Imagine the God Program Anubis or Soldier 76 announcers! So many lore opportunities!
If they do that then they might as well delete Sombra.
01/03/2018 12:04 AMPosted by Slyther0829
If they do that then they might as well delete Sombra.

Then give Sombra something better to do. Every time I play Sombra it seems like thats the most boring thing to focus on in her kit! :)
Hmm, a lot of downvotes... but no reasons or replies?

Salty much? ;P
Only thing from paladins I would support is independent gun/skin changing (different guns for different skins)
01/03/2018 10:27 AMPosted by DreamKiddy

Salty much? ;P

Or people just don't really care one way or another.
01/03/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Malware
Only thing from paladins I would support is independent gun/skin changing (different guns for different skins)
also different voice packs and different characters being announcers

I do really like the hero customization in Paladins!
You can make some downright silly or cool looking skins! XD
I think weapon customization though really would be nice, seeing as some of them might fit others and you look down at your gun more than your own skin! XD
01/03/2018 10:29 AMPosted by thecatsred

Salty much? ;P

Or people just don't really care one way or another.

If you don't care then why downvote? :D
For the fun of it? Then they are salty or trolling!

If you however, disagree, then I gladly take the downvote along with the reasoning for why in the comment section below! :)
01/03/2018 10:59 AMPosted by JakeTheFurry
also different voice packs and different characters being announcers

I would pay money for this to be a thing. Honestly though.
different characters being announcers. Idk why they made Athena say things. I wish it randomly picked a mission leader to count down and announce things for a game. Would be 10 times enjoyable. Heck, we even have count down voice lines unused. What a waste, also would be cool to hear someone like Sombra say "double kill, triple kill" in her native tongue, or other heroes say their own unique "prepare your defences", for example, "I don't know about you guys, but I was born ready, prepare your defences and let's get this done"
A “hero mastery system” (much like Paladin’s “Champion Mastery” system) would be beneficial for:
- Allowing players to assess their skill level in a particular hero.
- Replacing the Level 25 requirement to play Competitive. Instead, perhaps the player would have to have at least 2 heroes in each class with a “hero mastery rank” of at least 10 or so.

I’m sure there are more reasons than these. Feel free to add more.

Cheers,
- PyroPanda
01/02/2018 11:43 PMPosted by DreamKiddy
It would be the passive healing that starts after about 3 to 4 seconds when out of combat.

You mean shields?
I like passive healing if well implemented. Games like Lawbreakers have implemented it, post launch I might add, and it helped give the game a faster pace. However, I think it would probably need something more like an "if no enemies within (large area) and after 5 seconds, healing starts" because then if your chasing someone they wont regenerate and you will still need to rely on healers and health packs.
Um... do you want to trigger all the dps mains to DEATH op?

Who do they blame when they get killed if they all have self-heal?

How many keyboards will they break when they get their target down to the last bit of hp and they run away?

Salty much? ;P
it's because you said the word 'paladins' around overwatch people.
I never played Paladins so I can't say on most things, but passive regen I'm pretty much against. It was stupid enough in most other shooters (looking at you CoD) that you could just hide for a few seconds to be at full health...

I like the system of finding health packs and having healers. THAT is, to me, more strategy inducing that magical cell regen. :)
01/03/2018 11:20 AMPosted by NoOne
01/02/2018 11:43 PMPosted by DreamKiddy

You mean shields?

Well more like Shields.
But the entire health. :)