Should Lucio be able to boop bastion off a payload?

General Discussion
Wanted to see what the general consensus on this was. I feel like it needs to be able to happen. Orisa can pull him off. Rein can pin him. Why not let Lucio boop him or even doomfist for that matter. This bastion pirate ship cancer is getting worse and I know Sombra etc can counter with an emp but it's hard to hack a bastion and have your team follow up when they have shields protecting him constantly.
I think at the right angle, yes.
No.

01/03/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Pippin
This bastion pirate ship cancer is getting worse

Alternative strat that requires team work to stop and makes an unwanted hero useful.... burn it down!!!!! #MetaOrDie!
I want to say no, but if a Lucio or Doomfist can actually get that close to a Bastion Sentry, then yes, they deserve to get booped off.
At least as far as he can boop dva and Orisa (which isn't much) would be ok.

You couldn't toss bastion clear off the payload and into a side room but maybe just bump him off so he lands right beside it?

I think that'd be alright.
01/03/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Buttercult
Alternative strat that requires team work to stop and makes an unwanted hero useful.... burn it down!!!!! #MetaOrDie!

I think it highlights a potential issue with the game, honestly. There are some heroes that could be regarded as too niche for their own good.
Maybe not Lucio, but definitely Doomfist.
Can’t doomfist punch bastion out of turret on the ptr?
No. The whole point of Sentry is that youre an immovable force of destruction. Only equal power should be able to move you. Lucios sound wave is weak.

I don't think Doom fist should be able to either. Nor should rein. But he should remain in a stunned state by quake hammer.
01/03/2018 11:11 AMPosted by DaddyMiller

IIRC: That was confirmed to be an unintended bug.
When you can pull it you should be able to push it. And when hook take him out of sentry mode so should all other move abilities.
Well if you can halt him off a cart then you should be able to boop him off the cart.
01/03/2018 11:06 AMPosted by BigProf
At least as far as he can boop dva and Orisa (which isn't much) would be ok.

That's probably part of why he can't boop bastion at all. Lucio's boop works off a characters speed modifier. Orisa is actually thrown just as far as any other hero, but when she's firing, a speed modifier gets applied and her movement speed gets cut in half and the distance she gets thrown when booped also get halved, same with d.va. Mercy had to be rewritten because her speed multiplier originally caused her to be thrown clear across the map when she runs into lucio mid flight. Bastion's speed mod in turret mode is zero, so boop has no effect on him.
01/03/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Slyther0829
I want to say no, but if a Lucio or Doomfist can actually get that close to a Bastion Sentry, then yes, they deserve to get booped off.
Lucio has a small hitbox and can almost litterely fly through the air. It's easy to get close.
that's a bug.
"The Doom Gauntlet! They say he could level a skyscraper with it!"

*Fully punches sentry Bastion, Bastion remains in place and takes you out*

*A Hook on a rope swings to bastion and uproots the heavy metal killing machine of death*

Logic in Overwatch is weird.
01/03/2018 11:18 AMPosted by NoOne
Well if you can halt him off a cart then you should be able to boop him off the cart.
just count the amount of boops in the game. Bastion wouldn't even be viable in the one thing he's viable in.
01/03/2018 11:13 AMPosted by Sheevah

IIRC: That was confirmed to be an unintended bug.
Ah ok. Didn’t know that. Thanks for informing me!
01/03/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Pippin
Wanted to see what the general consensus on this was. I feel like it needs to be able to happen. Orisa can pull him off. Rein can pin him. Why not let Lucio boop him or even doomfist for that matter. This bastion pirate ship cancer is getting worse and I know Sombra etc can counter with an emp but it's hard to hack a bastion and have your team follow up when they have shields protecting him constantly.
If orisa can then phrah, lucio and doomfist should be able to aswell
i'm not sure about this one myself tbh.