Why does most of the overwatch community hates Genji??

General Discussion
he is disliked on the forums for some reason, majority are support mains

hanzo/widowmaker is more hated when used

nobody cares when there is a genji on your team
Because for some reason Blizzard think his deflect box is fine over a year.
I don't hate him or think his kit is overloaded to the point of being broken. I think the problem is the specific aspects of his kit are too forgiving.

His dash reset on kill is triggered by him doing any amount of damage a threshold of 30-40 damage would be fine. All of his hitboxes are far too generous. Tiny hitbox when he's flipping in the air, huge hitbox when he's deflecting , generous hitbox when he's dashing.

I think toning down any specific portion whether it's the dash reset threshold or any of his hitboxes would tone down the fantastic ease of use he currently gives.
Three reasons.

1. Many people who only play Genji in lower ranks are absolutely terrible at the game and ruin the experience for everyone else.

2. Whenever there is a blue post about Genji it's essentially them using Deflect against any criticism

3. He can animation cancel out of basically every ability despite most other heroes being locked into everything they do.
Because half the time it's the Genji who's being the jerk. Saying insults etc.
01/04/2018 02:15 PMPosted by caracc
Three reasons.

1. Many people who only play Genji in lower ranks are absolutely terrible at the game and ruin the experience for everyone else.

2. Whenever there is a blue post about Genji it's essentially them using Deflect against any criticism

3. He can animation cancel out of basically every ability despite most other heroes being locked into everything they do.

3. is false, every hero can cancel their primary fire to use their abilities
Genji is as good as your opponent is bad.

Thus bad players whine about him a lot.

Don't agree? Seriously, think about it. His dash abuses bad players out of position to get an easy kill and reset. His deflect punishes people from shooting at him. And both of those can punish YOU even if other people on your team are bad.

Add to that the fact that most bad players just cannot track him double jumping around.

Literally, Genji whining is the biggest tell that someone is not great at the game.

To add to that, if anyone is at a high level, they know, oh JESUS they know, that a good tracer is a hundred times more stupid, unstoppable and ridiculous than a good Genji is. But again, bad players wouldn't know that, would they?
I don't love or hate Genji. He's a bit cheesy, but there are like...7 characters in the game that ARENT cheesy, so whatever lol.
I like him because playing as him is pretty fun and so is playing against him since that offers a challenge.