Why does Genji annoy me so much

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
12/15/2017 04:50 PMPosted by SaidTheBear
Genji can be fun to play but still don't like him cuz he's in the game so that the 12 yr olds have something.

This isn't a game. This is a business and blizzard needs to have things in it to make the most ppl wanna play it.

Also his kit is dumb, I'll admit. Probly removing the reset on his dash would fix his nonsense.

Or just fixing dash, deflect and ultimate hitboxs
I never could understand why so many people complain about Genji. I just go Winston and he either switches or becomes irrelevant.
12/15/2017 04:57 PMPosted by WashableBomb
I never could understand why so many people complain about Genji. I just go Winston and he either switches or becomes irrelevant.

Sure... i love to watch how pro players have to swap genji because the enemy have winston xddddd

On low ranks maybe work.
Becos ur a gold mccree main with sub 50 win percentage. My best guess at least.
12/15/2017 03:46 PMPosted by Buzzintate
I feel like he's so overloaded, he's in every game, he never reloads, he has the most useful kit with little to no downside, why is he called an assassin when he can straight up duel a tank.

why is this games balance so butchered

Because you are...

“Not good enough.”

- Genji
Lol people hated my actual advice

Ok just play moira
I feel like he's so overloaded, he's in every game, he never reloads, he has the most useful kit with little to no downside, why is he called an assassin when he can straight up duel a tank.

Short answer?

Favoritism

When FPS devs openly say how they love ninjas and you barely see them ever nerfed you pretty much know you should not care about balance anymore.

PS: ...and a private note: I know and worked with a lot of devs in the past 25 years and I have NEVER witnessed such a bad taste regarding fun.
He pisses you off because you suck. Its really that simple.
Geez reading some of these comments reminds me why this forum is a toxic cancer hole lol
12/15/2017 04:06 PMPosted by ThisIsMyName
Things like not having any range drop off on his left click
I've always wondered why this was the case, I'd rather see Soldier and McCree with no drop off than Genji.
12/15/2017 04:18 PMPosted by RDK
...welcome to the bnet forums pls enjoy your stay

at least this one isn't a mercy player complaining that a flanker is killing them
I literally only see complaints about Genji on these awful forums.

I'm worried about your eyesight.
"he never reloads"
what
12/15/2017 05:36 PMPosted by KaKao
I'd rather see Soldier and McCree with no drop off than Genji.

And stuff like this is why Blizzard doesn't look to this forum for balance ideas anymore. Soldier or McCree with no falloff would be 500x worse than even 8s long Dragonblade Genji was, and the fact that you can't see that is actually troubling.
12/15/2017 05:50 PMPosted by XDLOLHI69XD
And stuff like this is why Blizzard doesn't look to this forum for balance ideas anymore. Soldier or McCree with no falloff would be 500x worse than even 8s long Dragonblade Genji was, and the fact that you can't see that is actually troubling.
I rather take that over Genji no dmg falloff any time.
Genji is overdesigned, meaning he has small advantages that each improves his success rate overall. Things like not having any range drop off on his left click, a huge !@# Deflect hitbox that he can cancel whenever he wants, reset on Swift Strike despite the fact that he has both wall climb and double jump, improved movement speed, and so on. This doesn't make him overpowered, but it gives him enough of an advantage to win fights that he maybe shouldn't have.

Mei is the only hero with projectile falloff. Oversized Deflect is a fair point. Reset on SS is because he'd have a very low in-combat mobility and damage output otherwise and would be trash tier as a result.

12/15/2017 04:11 PMPosted by Buzzintate
12/15/2017 04:02 PMPosted by GenjiOnly
- Define "overloaded"

- His stats show he's not in every game. Sorry, but I trust facts more than your selective memory.

- "He never reloads" ?????His 24 ammo and 1.5 second reload time say otherwise?

- His downside is that he's absolute garbage outside of his kit. The whole reason behind having strong abilities is to compensate for how bad his shurikens are. Heroes like McCree and Reaper don't need their own Deflects and Swift Strikes because they can carry themselves with their guns.

- Genji cannot duel any competent tank.

You guys need to try harder if you want to get a balanced hero nerfed.

you're name is literally genjionly so how am I supposed to know you're not biased at all?

1. I have more playtime than Widow on this account.
2. This is an alt account to practice DPS. I'm a Mercy/support main on my main account outside of QP.
3. It's silly completely ignore every point made by a person just because of their username.

12/15/2017 04:44 PMPosted by CQKumber
12/15/2017 04:39 PMPosted by ĦǿŌħ
..."one of the easier heroes"

> every pro player says he has the single handedly highest skill ceiling in the game

who do i trust? the pro player or the plat on the forums?

The Plat player on the forums. The voices of the many (Plat/Gold and below) outweigh the voices of the comparably very few pros out there

Or at least they should, but, u know, Blizzard being Blizzard

I'd rather they balance the game top-down than around the average middleground. Why should the game become more unbalanced the better you become?

12/15/2017 04:50 PMPosted by SaidTheBear
Genji can be fun to play but still don't like him cuz he's in the game so that the 12 yr olds have something.

This isn't a game. This is a business and blizzard needs to have things in it to make the most ppl wanna play it.

Also his kit is dumb, I'll admit. Probly removing the reset on his dash would fix his nonsense.

Sorry but you clearly have no idea what you're talking about if you think removing his reset with no heavy compensations in return is a half-decent idea.
Or you''re bad. Coz 90% of overwatch players claim the same and the fact is Genji just has the similar pick rate and win rate with most heroes.

- His stats show he's not in every game. Sorry, but I trust facts more than your selective memory.

[/quote]

ok, he has a higher pick rate, win rate, and get's more ult kills on average per game over McCree who apparently every genji main says McCree counters genji because we can just stun them

Those are facts man, there's no bias there

He also has a higher win rate than tracer right now in grandmasters

1. I have more playtime than Widow on this account.
2. This is an alt account to practice DPS. I'm a Mercy/support main on my main account outside of QP.
3. It's silly completely ignore every point made by a person just because of their username.

1. You have more play time with genji in competitive with this account (also see number 3)
2. why, just have 1 account. Are you afraid your stats will be skewered by being accurate?
3. It's silly completely ignore every point made by a person just because of their most played hero
12/15/2017 05:15 PMPosted by Bigfoot

Short answer?

Favoritism

When FPS devs openly say how they love ninjas and you barely see them ever nerfed you pretty much know you should not care about balance anymore.

PS: ...and a private note: I know and worked with a lot of devs in the past 25 years and I have NEVER witnessed such a bad taste regarding fun.

Funny, people said the same thing about Hog and Ana, and look what happened to them. This "favoritism" is a load of bull made up by players so they can unload all of their anger on somebody because they keep dying and losing over and over again to the same hero and want to whine about them instead of becoming better.

...I literally only see complaints about Genji on these awful forums.

I'm worried about your eyesight.

I'm more worried about yours. The subreddit pokes fun at these forums all the time for their obvious bias towards heroes like Genji and the OWU subreddit knows the truth in how to counter Genji and how hard he is to master. But the forums don't like hearing that so they pretend those comments don't exist.

12/15/2017 05:36 PMPosted by KaKao
Things like not having any range drop off on his left click
I've always wondered why this was the case, I'd rather see Soldier and McCree with no drop off than Genji.

Because it's because no other hero with a projectile has falloff except for Mei, who is commonly regarded to be a trash hero with a trash damage output?

12/15/2017 05:56 PMPosted by KaKao
12/15/2017 05:50 PMPosted by XDLOLHI69XD
I rather take that over Genji no dmg falloff any time.

Well it's wonderful to know you won't be a part of the balancing team any time soon.
12/15/2017 06:33 PMPosted by Buzzintate

ok, he has a higher pick rate, win rate, and get's more ult kills on average per game over McCree who apparently every genji main says McCree counters genji because we can just stun them

Those are facts man, there's no bias there

He also has a higher win rate than tracer right now in grandmasters[/quote]
McCree and Genji are COMPLETELY different heroes with different ults. Why in Kaplan's name are you comparing them to begin with? Do it with someone like Tracer or even S76 because they can actually fill the role of a flanker that Genji does as well.

Tracer GM winrate = 54.81%, Genji = 54.59%. This week is more accurate and relevant than this month, and even then it's barely a 0.1% difference (the same could be said for the numbers from this week as well, of course).

And if you really want to get into stats:
- Genji is never the #1 picked DPS except for in Masters, where he beats out Tracer by a mere 0.72%.

- Genji never has the #1 winrate among offense heroes in any rank. The closest he comes to this is #2 in Masters, where 76 has a .53% lead on him. The third highest here is Pharah, who is .29% below Genji. The changes here are very minimal, which implies these heroes aren't very "far" from each other in terms of power.

- Everywhere else Genji has either the third, fourth, or fifth highest winrate out of seven heroes. If you take out Sombra and Doomfist then it'd be just third and fourth.

There's much more I could go into, such as E:D, average elims, etc. But I think you get the point. Now please stop acting as if Genji is some unstoppable super saiyan god that's dominating every game he's in and that no other hero even comes close to him in terms of power, because none of that is true.
Genji is overdesigned, meaning he has small advantages that each improves his success rate overall. Things like not having any range drop off on his left click, a huge !@# Deflect hitbox that he can cancel whenever he wants, reset on Swift Strike despite the fact that he has both wall climb and double jump, improved movement speed, and so on. This doesn't make him overpowered, but it gives him enough of an advantage to win fights that he maybe shouldn't have.

He cant cancel deflect