PTR Testing - Movement Changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
Ummmmm since I main widow I don't like how this sounds. It may work out fine for all u guys but I've only just got into the habit of remembering how each character moves and now u change it? I'm not hating it's just going to be quite frustrating for us widow mains if it changes dramatically. I don't mind it like whatever but it will still be a new challenge to take on and I'm all for that.
lucio feels awful on the ptr, please fix
I feel like you guys should play around with how Mercy's movement is.

Test the values with her current kit on how she glides, the direction of how she glides through the air and for how long and how different seconds alter it.

I also would like to suggest to test her momentum more and find a way that it requires more skill, yet remains simple.
Love you jeff!
likely more
Air strafing in overwatch? Great, now let's see if rocket jumping with pharah becomes a thing. (please let it be)
So, how about comp next?
01/01/2018 02:21 AMPosted by NekkuBeardo
So, how about comp next?

And what about it?
you guys should fix Orissa shield cold down
01/01/2018 07:37 AMPosted by milkshake

Fix how?
12/29/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Nobounds

Fix how? Be sure to give some detail or nobody will know what to do with your feedback.
01/01/2018 01:17 PMPosted by AnActualFrog
12/29/2017 04:09 PMPosted by Nobounds

Fix how? Be sure to give some detail or nobody will know what to do with your feedback.

Gave it a try myself. Lucio might have a little too much horizontal control. The effect it has while trying to chain wall jumps for speed is a bit disorienting.

Once i started to get the hang of it, the speed overall doesn't seem to affected and the extra control is nice. Maybe tone it down by like 10-20%? I don't know if there's a per-hero based configuration that can be done here.
CAN LUCIO BE BUFFT OR NREF.
01/01/2018 07:37 AMPosted by milkshake

This Blue thread is about movement changes on the ptr, not an open forum to throw unrelated topics into.
01/01/2018 03:39 PMPosted by abdale022
CAN LUCIO BE BUFFT OR NREF.

Nerf/buff how?
Does Overwatch have the main villain? ( Overwatch theory )

Hello everyone. After I have explored Overwatch short animations and comics, an interesting theory appeared in my head.
So, I noticed that villains of Overwatch universe are suspiciously connected with each other. For example, Talon is connected with Vishkar corporation ( Sanjay Korpal is a member of high council of Talon ), and Vishkar in its turn is connected with Lumerico corporation. Also, in official description of Sombra is mentioned certain «Web of the global conspiracy» of different goverments and corporations, which symbol is a mysterious «Eye» ( which is shown in a short animation «Sombra Origin Story» on 45 and 59 seconds ). In favour of my theory there is a fact that ( how it is written in the official description of Soldier 76 ) Overwatch hasn`t collapsed itself, but became a victim of the certain conspiracy.
Due to all that facts, I can certainly affirm, that in the Overwatch universe has a powerful manipulator. For a comfortable speaking I will call him «Wicked Eye».
I can`t tell a lot of about his possible abilities, so I can affirm only that he can brilliantly manipulate people and he can take under his control different technical devices ( this was shown in the short animation « Sombra Origin Story» on 45 second ). Very possible, that using this ability for control over god programs, exactly him unleashed Omnic crisis ( he could do this because omnics ( just like Talon ) perfectly fit the image of the enemy, because of fear of who citizens would sacrifice their freedom, and also in order to Vishkar corporation could cash in on restoring the infrastructure after the war and increase it`s influence on the world ). But having current information is enough for me to tell about a place of the Wicked Eye in the Overwatch universe and about his goals.
So, the goal of the Wicked Eye is obvious – this is absolute power over the whole world ( he already has a great power and, how Machiavelli said, any power wants to become an absolute power ).
Because of this, sooner or later, the Wicked Eye will have to present himself to the public and create his public shape. Due to that fact, at least firstly he will act on behalf of the name of organisation, declared goals of which are maximally similar to the official ideology of his future global empire. The organisation, which this role the best is Vishkar corporation, declared goal of which is control and order for the common good, so I think that the Wicked Eye hides under the mask of an owner, а president or a CEO of Vishkar corporation. Because of this, I think that his main base is in Utopia.
So, Jeff, on how many presents am I right or wrong? What will you say?
P.S. Sorry for my bad English and eloquence .
12/18/2017 03:02 PMPosted by turtlebomb
I can't wait until one of these unintended side effects happens to effect Genji and the forum goes crazy for the next week.
I don't understand why the community hate Genji??? He has a massive skill cap!
One of the things that made TF2 objectively better than Overwatch was TF2's superior movement control. It opens up more creative options and rewards skill. I am actually considering getting back into Overwatch if these changes go through. There will be waves of idiots who cant aim and will beg to keep bad movement, my hope is that you don't listen to them.
12/18/2017 03:02 PMPosted by turtlebomb
I can't wait until one of these unintended side effects happens to effect Genji and the forum goes crazy for the next week.
I just can't seem to understand why the community hates genji???
How will these movement changes affect control after getting hit by a D.Va in a rocket boost, a Winston knock-back from leap or a Primal Rage hit, a Junkrat mine knockback, or a Seismic Slam from Doomfist? How could it affect a Mercy in Angelic Decent?

Thanks,
Hyilix