pls.. stop making mercy a must pick

General Discussion
Im a mercy main with a majority of my hours spent on Mercy1.0. btw.. i never let my team die.. just so i could ult...This mercy rework has been, (imo) one of the worst decisions the overwatch team has made. Mercy 1.0 was not a problem. mercy 2.0-3.0 w/e iteration we are on now. Feels like a must pick. People now pick mercy not because shes fun but because shes optimal. As a mercy main i like to play other heroes from time to time. now it feels like if i want my team to have a chance i have to go mercy. Its just not a good situation for ANY support players to be in. Please either nerf mercy more. Just REVERT her tbh. Valkerie and rez as a 30 second ability kinda break the game. if not nerfing her pls seriously buff zen/ lucio/ ana. MOira is fine tho =]. please we all like variety and you guys have penalized any support who wants to not be mercy..
At this point they might as well do a full out rework.
Nah man. It’s been pretty good since Moira came out. I’ve seen plenty of times where mercy isn’t picked and we do fine. Sometimes against a team that does have a mercy. Ana also isn’t too bad if you’re proficient enough with her (most support players aren’t).
she's not a must pick though... The healers are in the healthiest state they've ever been in right now
They honestly should have taken the delay on rez and put it on Mercy 1.0; would have been a lot better and everyone would have shut up.
12/20/2017 12:15 AMPosted by JSConnor

They already did, for a singular terrible reason, and now we are living with the consequences.
12/20/2017 12:17 AMPosted by Goomerator
12/20/2017 12:15 AMPosted by JSConnor

They already did, for a singular terrible reason, and now we are living with the consequences.

That was a partial rework. I'm talking scrap EVERYTHING and completely redo her.
12/20/2017 12:17 AMPosted by Must4nG
They honestly should have taken the delay on rez and put it on Mercy 1.0; would have been a lot better and everyone would have shut up.

Except that would be awful... An ULTIMATE where you stand still and completely vulnerable for almost 2 seconds before it works and if you get shot (because hey if you're using it on 1.0 it probably means most of your team is dead, and thus you're the only target) boop, dead instantly and there goes all your ult charge.
12/20/2017 12:21 AMPosted by Goomerator

Except that would be awful... An ULTIMATE where you stand still and completely vulnerable for almost 2 seconds before it works and if you get shot (because hey if you're using it on 1.0 it probably means most of your team is dead, and thus you're the only target) boop, dead instantly and there goes all your ult charge.

Unless they gave her the Genji treatment.
12/20/2017 12:22 AMPosted by JSConnor

There's only one person getting the Genji treatment... f@#$!in lifetime VIP card.
i liked mercy 1.0 just fine they could have fixed the hide and seek aspect in a number of ways besides giving mercy 20second god mode and 30 second rez

Oh no! You'd have to position yourself in a non-obvious spot and risk losing your ult... Just like every other hero.
12/20/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Goomerator
12/20/2017 12:22 AMPosted by JSConnor

There's only one person getting the Genji treatment... f@#$!in lifetime VIP card.

If you don't know Genji was the most nerfed charactee before the Mercy nerfs at the exception he was balanced after his nerfs when Mercy is still op
I don't get it, is she a must pick now?

I mean, I understand she was a must pick back then, when she would get a medal for rezzing 40-50% team death.

But with her current rez mechanic, is she really a must pick now? There isn't much difference in the avg number of rezzes current mercy can do, compared to original mercy 1.0
12/20/2017 12:27 AMPosted by KarmaKid
I don't get it, is she a must pick now?

I mean, I understand she was a must pick back then, when she would get a medal for rezzing 40-50% team death.

But with her current rez mechanic, is she really a must pick now? There isn't much difference in the avg number of rezzes current mercy can do, compared to original mercy 1.0

uh are you even playing the game? she is a must pick.. look at the pre season of OWL

also.. i just started this year.. was mercy 1.0 not a must pick?
12/20/2017 12:26 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
<span class="truncated">...</span>

If you don't know Genji was the most nerfed charactee before the Mercy nerfs at the exception he was balanced after his nerfs when Mercy is still op

A.)I didn't say Genji was op, but you're crazy if you think he isn't broken, those ludicrous hit boxes and janky wall clipping abilities are silly. B.) I didn't say that mercy isn't overpowered, but she sure as hell isn't as fun to play, I'm just saying Blizzard needs to realize when a dead horse is a dead horse. I don't think this rework went in the right direction at all.

EDIT: typo
When there is another healer than can do sustained healing of 60hp/s or more with out the need to drain life from others or shoot them from a distance.

Let us know, until them mercy will be a highly used hero due to the constant 60hp/s healing.
12/20/2017 12:26 AMPosted by Must4nG
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Oh no! You'd have to position yourself in a non-obvious spot and risk losing your ult... Just like every other hero.

Yes, you have to position yourself, like every other hero. However, UNLIKE every other hero, you have to position yourself in perhaps the most dangerous area possible, and while casting have literally no outward defense or power to ward off potential attackers. Not every other ultimate has a cast time. Especailly not a two second cast time, and those that do usually provide some kind of protective "buffer" to ward off enemies. Mcree: If you step out to shoot him in high noon you better be real confident and a really good shot otherwise you're dead in a second. Hanzo can ult from literally anywhere so his cast time is pretty much null, plus his ult goes through walls. And I believe that's every other ultimate with any form of noticeable cast time. Most go off instantly.

EDIT: typo
12/20/2017 12:26 AMPosted by PsychoPuff
12/20/2017 12:23 AMPosted by Goomerator

??? U high m8?

Are you forgetting that D.va exists?

Mercy 1.0 was trash pick both on ladders and on tournaments (even with a Phara). The new Mercy is funnier and 10 times better due to GA/Valk rework and the end of Hide n Rez. She just need a tweak on her valk.
You can't hit the good balance on the first time I agree but currently it will be the third one and every tweaks need 2 months of mandatory Mercy. This is not normal.