PTR Hero Changes

PTR Feedback
1 2 3 126 Next
With this latest PTR update, we’ve made the following hero changes:

HERO UPDATES

Junkrat

• Concussion Mine
    • Will now deal less damage to targets farther away from the explosion’s center

Developer Comments: Junkrat has been enjoying the flexibility his double-charge Concussion Mine provides, but it has now become a bit too easy to throw out huge bursts damage in a large area. With this change he can still dish out similar damage but he must now be more accurate with his tosses.

Mercy
  • Valkyrie
    • No longer makes Resurrect instant
    • No longer grants a bonus charge of Resurrect
    • The speed boost that Guardian Angel receives has been decreased by 50%
    • Duration reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds

Developer Comments: Mercy’s recent Resurrect changes have helped in allowing enemies to have more counter play in dealing with her, but she was able to use Resurrect through Valkyrie enough to largely mitigate the impact of the previous changes. Additionally, we’re toning back the amount of mobility Valkyrie provides through Guardian Angel and reducing its duration to overall reduce the power of this ability.

We will likely be iterating on these changes in the coming weeks.
Jan 5 -311
Absolutely hate the Mercy changes.
Jan 5 -371
Finally realized I should stop trying to be a mercy main, I’m very upset ugh. Rip my 60+ hours.
Highly Rated
Hey Geoff, are there other heroes you are looking at? Or just Junkrat and Mercy?
Highly Rated
I played alot of mercy but I think it's time to remove Rez
Highly Rated
Did you even read the Mercy feedback thread?
Finally Blizz did something about Mercy
Jan 5 -143
Yas!
Highly Rated
I understand where the need to change Mercy's kit is coming from, and the reduced time is a good idea, but the lack of second charge and cast time now during the ultimate make it feel unsatisfying to use. Please reconsider the changes.
Highly Rated
Hmmm.... I would say the Valk nerfs are a bit too much, I know this is PTR, but maybe keep either the insta rez or the second charge? Everything else seems reasonable
Highly Rated
Not enough for Junk, probably too much for Mercy.
Highly Rated
You can do so much better.
Highly Rated
This seems like it just nerfs Mercy's usefulness, which if you want her to be a simple hero to play while not being in the must pick category, this will do it, but I'd rather she also be fun. I don't think I'd ever play her in the state she's in on the PTR.

The change I wanted the whole time is for her not to have improved self-healing during Valkyrie. I just want her to be killable as a counter, not for her to be useless and boring to play. This might be overkill to the point of her being like hog 2.0 where no one picks her and she basically doesn't exist as a pick in competitive / tournament play.

If you're going in this direction, I'd suggest you keep the slower res but give her that 2nd charge she had before when using Valkyrie.
Highly Rated
please revert mercy to pre-anniversary
Jan 5 -203
Now watch as everyone assumes that these changes are set in stone
Finally, perhaps Mercy's peers will be able to shine now.

I hope these nerfs won't turn out to be modest like the previous nerfs. On live, mercy is still very much pick-or-lose, so something big has gotta give.

Also, does this PTR update mean Blizzard World is right around the corner?!
Highly Rated
Mercy changes are going in the wrong direction once again, I just hope you'll realize one day, soon enough.