[non official] poll for mercy

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
Voted, so glad for these polls <3
Voted
Unfortunately this poll doesn't include "A rework", but I hope people will do a little deducing and figure that "Delete Rez" essentially means a full rework.

also - sent it in EeveeA's discord. Do what you can to spread it y'all,

Twitter with hashtags #Overwatch #MercyPoll https://strawpoll.com/rp5e8229
Voted. I never got to play Mercy 1.0 but the amount of nerfs/reworks this girl has been given in just the past 6 months is feeling ridiculous. I'm ready for her to go back to basics if it means she'll be left the F*** alone.
Voted. They are ruining Mercy for me. I might consider switch to Lucio instead.
For those people who are suggesting a return to 1.0, and personally appreciating the adaptive challenge of playing Mercy as a sort of a battle healer prior to 2.0 with Valkyrie, I can state with confidence that I prefer 2.0 with the given nostalgia of 1.0 and making it all the sweeter.

However, the current PTR change to Mercy renders the worst combination of 2.0 mechanics with 1.0 relative inflexibility, resulting in a severely weakened 2.0 dedicated healer.

The changes are so stark, it lends wonder to if it rests solely with however ESPORTS teams and possibly high level comp people may feel about it, or if Blizzard feels the egregious and overstretching changes somehow equate to a sort of perverse balance, or perhaps aught else?
This poll won't biased or slanted. Nope, not at all.
I voted to keep the current rework and not apply the incoming PTR changes... but I'd be fine with Mercy 1.0 as well.
Damn almost 200 votes awesome
I've voted. I despise mass rez, but it's better than what we have now.
I don't mind most of the PTR changes, except removing instant rez. Without instant rez I have no motivation to rez a teammate while using valk as it wastes my time from mass healing/damage boosting and puts me at risk of wasting my ult.

Ultimately, if PTR goes live in its current state then I am abandoning Mercy as my main. It hurts but I refuse to play her under those conditions.
@forum mods any possibility of this beeing pinned?
01/04/2018 11:19 PMPosted by CyrilAlexei
Hey, this is what Blizzard themselves should be doing! Leave it to the community to do what they're supposed to be doing better. Keep this thread up so everyone can vote.

I don't think the majority of the community knows what's best for the game.. I remember people being outraged when the first nerf of the Mercy rework was coming and people claiming that even that was overkill.

Imo blizzard should listen more to pro players and see what is most healthy and balanced for the top tier players out there cause they represent the max potential each hero has. This will automatically translate at least decently well to the lower tiers and will provide much more entertaining Overwatch League matches.

Players who aren't that good (like me and the majority of the overwatch community) just don't know what's best for the game, for this reason I don't think a poll is a good idea to determine how to balance the game
01/05/2018 06:56 AMPosted by SaRF
01/04/2018 11:19 PMPosted by CyrilAlexei
Hey, this is what Blizzard themselves should be doing! Leave it to the community to do what they're supposed to be doing better. Keep this thread up so everyone can vote.

I don't think the majority of the community knows what's best for the game.. I remember people being outraged when the first nerf of the Mercy rework was coming and people claiming that even that was overkill.

Imo blizzard should listen more to pro players and see what is most healthy and balanced for the top tier players out there cause they represent the max potential each hero has. This will automatically translate at least decently well to the lower tiers and will provide much more entertaining Overwatch League matches.

Players who aren't that good (like me and the majority of the overwatch community) just don't know what's best for the game, for this reason I don't think a poll is a good idea to determine how to balance the game

Sorry but heck no, the pros are 400+ and the community has like 10 million players, both should be heared alike
I voted to keep the rework but don't keep all PTR changes. I think one instant rez would be ok and then she can either have:

a) One instant rez. Another free rez charge, but it takes the normal 1.5 seconds to cast

or

b) One instant rez. After that, it goes back on 30 second cooldown like normal.
Voted
I feel like the nerfs are just getting ridiculous at this point
01/05/2018 07:06 AMPosted by MagyTheMage
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Sorry but heck no, the pros are 400+ and the community has like 10 million players, both should be heared alike

The problem is that the community doesn't know what is best for themselves. Pro players have been playing this game a lot and have a much better understanding of the game mechanics and how every hero works.

People have tendency to think that they know how some things work when they are simply uneducated or inexperienced (same goes for me and probably you aswell, it's hard to accept this but it's necessary).
That's why pros opinions are so much more important.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The problem is that the community doesn't know what is best for themselves. Pro players have been playing this game a lot and have a much better understanding of the game mechanics and how every hero works.

People have tendency to think that they know how some things work when they are simply uneducated or inexperienced (same goes for me and probably you aswell, it's hard to accept this but it's necessary).
That's why pros opinions are so much more important.

Honestly, i dont thrust the pros opinion, Yeah, they know a lot more of mechanics but still i dont think even they know whats best for the game

Pros backed up the mercy rework in the first place, see how we ended up

For pros its easy to kill the flying mercy, so they have no problem with it

The average.player.is different frrom the pros
Voted. I really, really hope they decide to iterate these changes, like what was said at the bottom of the post.

Please God, let these changes not go live.

Please, listen to more than just the pros, who are a minority of the fanbase.