Blizzard World and It's Skins

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Thank you for the update!! It’s good to have a better idea of when to expect.
01/09/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Veodok
01/09/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But "stuff" can happen.

Hey Jeff! I know you can't really give away everything, but is it possible you could disclose something about why BlizzWorld isn't ready to go? I think it would really help out the confusion people have with how the map and skins have been progressing.

The map is very close. We had to fix a few things like the fact that Torb's turret would get destroyed if you built it on the "Flight to Duskwood" ride. There is also a lot of invisible collision that goes into all maps that prevents players from getting into weird or stuck places and also just makes things like Lucio wall ride or Genji/Hanzo wall climb work better. We also had to do a ton of optimization on Blizz World -- it's the map that has the most stuff in it by far. Getting it to run fast is super important to us.
01/09/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Chappie
When are they releasing? And will stored up loot boxes have chances of unlocking the new skins? Also that Doomfist skin is beautiful, I wants its!

Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But "stuff" can happen.

Loot boxes roll their items the moment you acquire them -- meaning if you hold on to loot boxes, they will not have new items or any other changes to that system.

Glad you like the Doomfist skin. The artists will be happy.

Are there any skins we haven't seen yet :).
When are they releasing? And will stored up loot boxes have chances of unlocking the new skins? Also that Doomfist skin is beautiful, I wants its!

Loot boxes roll their items the moment you acquire them -- meaning if you hold on to loot boxes, they will not have new items or any other changes to that system.

Corporate interference " stuff " is bad news :(
01/09/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
<span class="truncated">...</span>Hey Jeff

I really hope that "stuff" won't happen

I need Butcher Hog

I hate when "stuff" happens too... you get used to it working on live games though... a lot of "stuff" happens all the time...
Got it...

Can you please thank the artists who made Butcher Hog and Ecopoint Mei for me?

The skins are awesome
Between you and me
Best quote from Jeff so far
Thank you so much for telling us why it's not 100% yet, I really really appreciate it!!
01/09/2018 06:23 PMPosted by SovietNinja

Yes.
01/09/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Dalas120
Between you and me
Best quote from Jeff so far

You weren't supposed to read that part... sheesh
<span class="truncated">...</span>Hey Jeff

I need Butcher Hog

I hate when "stuff" happens too... you get used to it working on live games though... a lot of "stuff" happens all the time...

*eyeing out Jeff Kaplan* Mercy better be Auriel ;)
Will the PTR balance changes likely be coming out with the map?

*reaches out to Jeff* Don't forget Symmetra Symmmetr....a. *faints*
Jeff can we expect non blizzard skins aside from Young Rein (instant favorite) and ecopoint mei?
01/09/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/09/2018 06:23 PMPosted by SovietNinja

Yes.
Any hints?
Totally a fan of Doomfist and Roadhog's new skins
01/09/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/09/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Veodok
Hey Jeff! I know you can't really give away everything, but is it possible you could disclose something about why BlizzWorld isn't ready to go? I think it would really help out the confusion people have with how the map and skins have been progressing.

The map is very close. We had to fix a few things like the fact that Torb's turret would get destroyed if you built it on the "Flight to Duskwood" ride. There is also a lot of invisible collision that goes into all maps that prevents players from getting into weird or stuck places and also just makes things like Lucio wall ride or Genji/Hanzo wall climb work better. We also had to do a ton of optimization on Blizz World -- it's the map that has the most stuff in it by far. Getting it to run fast is super important to us.

If Reaper can teleport to unintended locations, I'm going to (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

In all seriousness, you kinda explain it here, but what has made it stay on the PTR so long? Was it that early in development when it got onto the PTR?
01/09/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Error
...Hey Jeff

I need Butcher Hog

Why aren't the Symmetra Dragon voice lines in the game yet? When will that happen?
01/09/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Error
01/09/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Yes.
Any hints?

The character who is receiving the skin is from Overwatch. The skin will be from another Blizzard franchise.