Blizzard World and It's Skins

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
01/09/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Jsleezy
01/09/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

I hate when "stuff" happens too... you get used to it working on live games though... a lot of "stuff" happens all the time...

Why aren't the Symmetra Dragon voice lines in the game yet? When will that happen?

Jeff please, this needs to happen.... Stop sleeping on Symmetra :P
*Crosses fingers*

Please, please, please Blizzard D.va. Destroyer or Kerrigan.

Loving the revealed skins so far Blizzard! They all look amazing! <3
01/09/2018 06:15 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
But "stuff" can happen.

Do you mean the Overwatch League took priority?
Jeff says "Stuff can happen"

I wonder if he's talking about Winston. He always seems to have the right "Stuff," and whatever that right "Stuff" is, it can happen.
I want to love Overwatch Jeff, but there been so much silence on so many other topics like the complete unbalance of all the heroes and so on.

That it’s hard.

I have had such a bad year with Overwatch (plus other stuff) in general, the last thing I want to hear is OWL today.

I just want to have fun again.

This was just adding salt to the wound.
surely the skins must be ready, I mean I get it they want to release them all at the same time I am just anxious as hell to see what the gold butcher roadhog skin looks like because that could make or break the skin for me, that said the skin looks perfect but if the gun looks terrible then I am not using it
Loot boxes roll their items the moment you acquire them -- meaning if you hold on to loot boxes, they will not have new items or any other changes to that system.
Blimey, I never knew that. I assumed the contents was decided upon opening.
01/09/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/09/2018 06:23 PMPosted by SovietNinja
Are there any skins we haven't seen yet :).

Yes.

Please let it be demon Junkrat ♡
Thanks for the update. Appreciate you keeping us in the loop!
01/09/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
01/09/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Veodok
Hey Jeff! I know you can't really give away everything, but is it possible you could disclose something about why BlizzWorld isn't ready to go? I think it would really help out the confusion people have with how the map and skins have been progressing.

The map is very close. We had to fix a few things like the fact that Torb's turret would get destroyed if you built it on the "Flight to Duskwood" ride. There is also a lot of invisible collision that goes into all maps that prevents players from getting into weird or stuck places and also just makes things like Lucio wall ride or Genji/Hanzo wall climb work better. We also had to do a ton of optimization on Blizz World -- it's the map that has the most stuff in it by far. Getting it to run fast is super important to us.
People think the map should totally be ready because some people played on it. Almost as if development isn't that easy.
01/09/2018 06:26 PMPosted by EMc73
Will the PTR balance changes likely be coming out with the map?

The map and the loot box items will come out together. My guess (and this is not a promise... just trying to be real here) is that any balance changes will drop shortly after. The map/items are already in console certification but the balance changes have not yet been submitted as we are still evaluating them.
Can we get more info on what you guys are at least planning to do with heroes who been not doing well?

Name a few(Sym, Sombra, Mei, Torb)

Plus what might be going on with Scatter Arrow?
01/09/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Chappie
When are they releasing? And will stored up loot boxes have chances of unlocking the new skins? Also that Doomfist skin is beautiful, I wants its!

Blizzard World and the new loot box items release early this year. Between you and me, I am hoping before the end of the month. But "stuff" can happen.

Loot boxes roll their items the moment you acquire them -- meaning if you hold on to loot boxes, they will not have new items or any other changes to that system.

Glad you like the Doomfist skin. The artists will be happy.

Okay but can you buff Symmetra please? :)
01/09/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

The map and the loot box items will come out together. My guess (and this is not a promise... just trying to be real here) is that any balance changes will drop shortly after. The map/items are already in console certification but the balance changes have not yet been submitted as we are still evaluating them.

Are we expecting anymore balance changes soon, don't mean to be greedy.
Jeff, i'm sorry to hijack the thread, but tell me your team saw this thread about a lot of doomfist bugs
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760618494
and passed it to QA.

Please tell me, i can't virtually sleep normally thinking it all went unnoticed. Cheers :)
01/09/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Pang
But "stuff" can happen.

Do you mean the Overwatch League took priority?

I'm aware that map development and other content updates can take time and require plenty of work on your end but surely you realise that when you preview a map/skin package over 2 months a go that people are a little disappointed that the next major non event content patch turned out to be some very expensive OWL league items? I think like many people on here that I was hopeful that we would be seeing the Blizzard World patch much sooner.
Highly Rated
Jeff,

We love you.

- Community

we all hope the balance changes wont take long. This situation in comp right now is unhealthy. I hope its the last time you overreact with buffs.
Wait there are new unseen skins that are comming with the Blizzard World?

Any chance of the map and items being released next week if "stuff" doesn't happen?

(sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm not sure how much time the console certifications takes)