Blizzard World release [Countdown!]

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Very soon is the end of Winter Wonderland, which means it’s also almost 2018. Back a while before Winter Wonderland, it was stated Blizzard World and those new skins were coming in early 2018.

And seeing that Year of the Dog is probably going to be set around the same time last year, which would fall on the 23rd of January this year, it would be reasonable to release the new map and skins before the event. I’m betting my credits that they will release it either this Tuesday or the next Tuesday after that. What do you all think?

Edit1: And so it begins. The countdown to Blizzard World and the cosmetic update, coming this Tuesday. Each day we get to see some items that are being released.

Edit2: New Release Date!
January 23, 2018.
Blizzard World will probably be released either before Year of the Dog or after the event
01/02/2018 08:03 AMPosted by RedGuy42
Blizzard World will probably be released either before Year of the Dog or after the event

It will def be released before year of the dog.

Why wait another month to release?
Actually the map should be released in roughly 3 hours
01/02/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Scolines
01/02/2018 08:03 AMPosted by RedGuy42

It will def be released before year of the dog.

Why wait another month to release?
Actually the map should be released in roughly 3 hours

oh snap! I'm holding my breath.
Vote 2018 items and map FOR TODDAY!
We can change the world!
3rd jan, that's when oasis was live.
01/02/2018 08:25 AMPosted by tg3thrsoul
3rd jan, that's when oasis was live.
when oasis was live on January 3rd it was a Tuesday so I believe the will come out today because it's a Tuesday
I hope it’s today because I love this map. If not today, probably next week, I’m guessing.
Gonna be today or tomarrow, it would be unlikely any other day this month if we follow last year release.
Today or Thursday are the most likely dates. Probably today. No map has ever been released on another day. Heroes are a different story. If not one of those days, then it’s next week.
I am sure we will see it sometime next year at the rate they are going
Anyone heard anything about Hammond? Ever since we were expecting him we got Doomfist and Moira... O.o
this map could be released at the same time moira went live ,but lets create an illusion of making constant game updates so people would still play it
01/02/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Excrucian
Anyone heard anything about Hammond? Ever since we were expecting him we got Doomfist and Moira... O.o

Hammond is on a growing list of potential heroes. He might be next, and he might never happen (at least not as a playable hero).

Blizzard may of seeded him into the Horizon Lunar Colony marketing materials just to open the door for a second ape hero without any solid plans on actually implimenting him.

Anyways, I expect Blizzard World and the associated standard lootbox update to be released by Thursday at the latest.
We're glad that you all are so excited for Blizzard World. The map is almost ready for release but not quite there yet. It won't be out this week but we are committed to releasing it very early this year!
hype! :)
01/02/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're glad that you all are so excited for Blizzard World. The map is almost ready for release but not quite there yet. It won't be out this week but we are committed to releasing it very early this year!
"Very early" is this week, otherwise is mid month.
It's on the PTR for over a month and isn't ready yet? Are you serious?
I am crying !!!

Thank you anyway for the update !
Highly Rated
I'm sad, but at least you warned us before the patch time

Thx Jeff
well, I guess I have more time to save up credits for Orisa's Immortal skin.