Blizzard World release [Countdown!]

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
Also Year of the Dog starts February 17 in China
01/02/2018 01:02 PMPosted by TheRugester
01/02/2018 12:48 PMPosted by zesstea

I would trust 3 professional developers over thousands of crying babies on the forums any day of the year hands down.

Some people are speculating that they’re holding back so that they can space out new content more evenly...so what? Blizzard has every right to make what they believe are the best business decisions. If they released everything right now, and then went months without content, you’d all say, “why haven’t we gotten anything new in months when we got a ton of stuff in January???!?!?!” instead.

There are game companies out there, with much much smaller dev teams that put out so much more content with the same quality if not better and continue putting out much more content. And yes if thousands of people say one thing compared to 3 people saying its fine, those 3 people are in the wrong. They might believe they are right for their own personal reasons though. It would help if they explain there reasoning instead of shrugging it off though.

Look at this topic.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759150839
This is just on the blizzard forums and has almost 1200 up votes which doesn't include the thousands on Reddit but for some reason blizzard thinks genjis deflect is perfectly fine. You shoot him in the back, sides, 5 feet above or below him, 8 feet to the left or right of him or even when he is on the other side of a wall and some how he can still deflect crap which he shouldn't be able to. So some how a few people at blizzard thinks its fine even though there are thousands of people saying otherwise with tons of video evidence. This company will never admit they were wrong about something.

You know the team would rather make jokes about cookies with salt than address players/consumers and diligently uodat the game to keep it fresh/quality.

You'll get 10 hour Yule logs and MONTHS... or longer... without fixes. Hanzos hair is more important than an entire hero existence.

/orisawave
<span class="truncated">...</span>"Very early" is this week, otherwise is mid month.
It's on the PTR for over a month and isn't ready yet? Are you serious?

Don't think it's about being ready, they need a gap between content (i don't know why) Moira was just released and then christmas event.

They usually go 3 months gap, new character, 3 months later, new map. and so on

While it may feel that way at times, due to the fast nature of the gaming world, they have actually been pretty good about releasing "new" (I say this because of repeated events) content.

July 2016-Ana
August 2016- Summer Games
September 2016- Eichenwalde
October 2016- Halloween Terror
November 2016- Sombra (and arcade I think)
December 2016- Winter Wonderland
January 2017- Oasis (right after Winter wonderland)
February (and the end of January) 2017- Lunar New Year and later CTF as a permanent gamemode.
March 2017- Orisa
April 2017- Uprising event
May 2017- Anniversary event and new elimination maps (this event went to mid June)
July 2017- Doomfist (I think he was added to the Live Servers in July)
August 2017- Summer Games (with Deathmatch added right after)
September 2017- Junkertown
October 2017- Halloween Terror
November 2017- Moira
December 2017- Winter Wonderland

They could be trying to create a gap between content releases but it would be unfair to say that they only give new content once every 3 months. I think the reason a lot of people were expecting it to come out today is because of when Oasis came out and the fact that they had been sticking pretty close to the content release schedule of their first year.
in other words... owl will be day 10.. not this week but early... cant be a coincidence don't u think?
01/02/2018 09:41 AMPosted by Stefanonimo
01/02/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're glad that you all are so excited for Blizzard World. The map is almost ready for release but not quite there yet. It won't be out this week but we are committed to releasing it very early this year!
"Very early" is this week, otherwise is mid month.

I'd rather have it released late than have it riddled with bugs and whatnot
You could add commercials to the game to make us wait even longer ... maybe add it to every launch of a new round. ^^
01/02/2018 08:50 AMPosted by WildElements
I hope it’s today because I love this map. If not today, probably next week, I’m guessing.
Yeah, the map looks great.
We're glad that you all are so excited for Blizzard World. The map is almost ready for release but not quite there yet. It won't be out this week but we are committed to releasing it very early this year!

Jeff said in the last update getting things right is more important than the release date

I'll never understand how the forums can be so petty over something so trivial.
01/02/2018 09:51 AMPosted by HarryDresden

translation: we’re busy counting stacks from OWL, but i’m sure blizzard world will be up sometime.

that’s very helpful considering blizzard world has been on the ptr forever

why haven’t you guys responded to that nearly 5k symmetra megathread?

Iam really glad that these posts are finally getting upvotes. Their focus on skins and OWL and letting the core of the game untouched and ignoring balance issues is unforgiveable.

I hope they will crash one day with popularity to wake up and finally focus on the right things.

Dont get me wrong, i love Overwatch but their care of this game in like last half year is really saddening.
OWL Stage 1 ends on sunday February 11th, so my guess is BlizzardWorld will go live on tuesday February 13th.

Can we get a response on Symmetra though???

How is a map determined to be ready/almost ready for release?
But today is Wednesday and january 3rd

Has it gone through any changes at all on the ptr? Because I haven't heard of any
01/03/2018 08:10 AMPosted by Apollo7

Has it gone through any changes at all on the ptr? Because I haven't heard of any

I played it pretty much every day on the PTR and I felt it was good to go. I was able to consistently get 3-5 D.Va bomb kills on the last cap point by randomly shooting it over the top there, though, so maybe that area needs tweaking? Then again, it's PTR, so it could possibly have just been people dinking about.
01/03/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Vacunation
OWL Stage 1 ends on sunday February 11th, so my guess is BlizzardWorld will go live on tuesday February 13th.

Year of dog will be in February (the 16th if I remember well) so the map should be released in January !
01/03/2018 07:32 AMPosted by AnActualFrog
..."Very early" is this week, otherwise is mid month.

It's not just these forums. In North America right now there is big culture of entitlement.
01/03/2018 08:57 AMPosted by EvilOak27
01/03/2018 07:32 AMPosted by AnActualFrog

It's not just these forums. In North America right now there is big culture of entitlement.

And we keep saying French are nothing but whiners, let’s look at a mirror :D