Why I think blizzard should increase the level for comp

Competitive Discussion
I did md10 yesterday and It was the most frustrating time spent in the game since I bought. Besides the disconnects from people on my team, the most frustrating thing is low level playing. The formula was simple: the team who got less lowbies win the match.

And the real problem is: when the level requirement is too low for competitive people can have accounts for trolling and they don't care about it. I don't know about NA servers but South America is a mess.

Is not fun for me as level 200 and something and I bet is not fun for lowbies to play with high level guys. Overwatch is not that easy to play and understand and you guys are not helping.

I don't know if I can link an image but just to show how people don't care about bans and stuff:
https://imgur.com/a/ieXn8

Peace,
I've actually found that many players under level 50 are actually not new, but smurfs who have plenty of experience and want to try to improve their SR. Some of them are quite skilled.
Players should be required to have at least one-star of experience before being allowed in Competitive.
Agree, its a nice antismurf politic.
Some kind of low level competitive would be good aka don't put low levels with 100+

Did my placements lost 3 because of lowers instalocking hanzo genji with literally no time played(of course we needed a healer)

Hard to defend a point, harder to defend against your own "teammates"
@OP, no they don't need to increase the level requirement. They just need to increase the bronze pool from 6% to 25% at least by starting player in bronze instead of gold.

01/03/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Jayze
Some kind of low level competitive would be good aka don't put low levels with 100+

Did my placements lost 3 because of lowers instalocking hanzo genji with literally no time played(of course we needed a healer)

Hard to defend a point, harder to defend against your own "teammates"

Funny that you mention this, when you yourself also only play dps heroes. I mean you could have picked healer, but you didn't. Aren't you also your own problem?

01/03/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Cuthbert
Players should be required to have at least one-star of experience before being allowed in Competitive.

They should have put you in bronze where you belong. You don't even play enough Comp talk.
01/03/2018 10:25 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen
@OP, no they don't need to increase the level requirement. They just need to increase the bronze pool from 6% to 25% at least by starting player in bronze instead of gold.

If you do that the bronze will not be a elo but a wormhole where people never get to the next level. You will get more people frustrate about competitive play than at moment, imo.
No thanks. It already takes too long to get into the most fair game mode. 15+ hours. That's quite a bit of play time. Time people spend learning bad habits in QP/Arcade. I mean, 15 hours is more than enough time to figure out the basics of the game.
If they're not going to finish the Tutorial system, then obviously there's a reason for that that we don't know about. Therefore, there is a reason they won't increase the level requirement.
I'd be completely fine with raising the cap quite a bit. I'm running into so many people running their first placements and my god.. its horrid.
01/03/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Q10V3
I'd be completely fine with raising the cap quite a bit. I'm running into so many people running their first placements and my god.. its horrid.
But Blizzard doesn't want that. If you prolong the learning curve of the game for players, then players play your product longer.
01/03/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Endzeit
01/03/2018 10:25 AMPosted by AnsatsuKen

If you do that the bronze will not be a elo but a wormhole where people never get to the next level. You will get more people frustrate about competitive play than at moment, imo.

Hmmmm no..... You have 6% of the population in 1500 SR range. Then you have 22% in Silver which is 500 SR, and 34% in Gold. How does that make sense? Yeah people will feel bad about that artificial Icon. But it would put people in their place, that they aren't as good as they think. I think Blizzard is way too care bear about competitivenessand gives out gold for free.

Everyone in Silver would be Bronze in games like LoL, and OW Gold would be LoL Silver. The restrictions needs to be in the initial placements, there is a reason why there is performance SR right?
Only thing I would suggest is like a competitive tutorial season for those who just hit level 25 and play their first season. Gives them a chance to experience comp without having a negative impact on them going forward. Learn how to work together towards winning and not having those who take the game so seriously harass them for not playing up to par.
I AGREE!

Xxx,
Mika