OWL 350.000+ Views

General Discussion
Blizzard already stated that no rewards will come from OWL. This is just twitch being twitch
01/10/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Knightygon
300.000+ OWL viewers.Keep hating you only make OWL Stronger
They’re only there for the credits they said they would give out
01/10/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Solaxe
They're watching it for the coins, you're not very smart you know?

Coins?
01/10/2018 04:13 PMPosted by HPmunchcraft
dude Look at the chat. None of them are watching because they actually want to watch. They’re watching because they think they’ll get free stuff.

All 300k plus people? Also, if they're chatting on Twitch...then...hmmm...they must be watching it too. If they just wanted free stuff, they don't have to actively engage in chat. Think about it.
01/10/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Alterea

Coins?

tl;dr - You can get OWL coins to buy the other skins without having to spend any money. All you have to do is link your Twitch and Blizzard accounts together and watch the stream. I'm keeping it open in a tab, playing on 160p and keeping it muted.
361K its going up. people getting off work
I'm only watching to see "the best overwatch players in the world" making bad plays.

Like, you know, not even contesting the payload on Dorado.

Or switching off Genji if you are getting wasted.
01/10/2018 04:39 PMPosted by QuestionMark
01/10/2018 04:11 PMPosted by Knightygon
Keep hating you only make OWL Stronger

You do realize 99% of the people watching it are only there for the skins and league tokens to buy more skins right?

LOL. This. You realize how few viewers they had before this, right? (OWL preseason numbers weren't nearly as high.)

Viewers are watching because they think they'll get skin tokens. Blizzard bought viewers. They didn't buy interest.
01/10/2018 04:34 PMPosted by WhateverAlex
hope you guys know that people are literally just trying to get coins out of this, chat is consistently being spammed by people grasping for any kind of chat command that allows them coins. !reward, !skins, etc., etc.

dude Look at the chat. None of them are watching because they actually want to watch. They’re watching because they think they’ll get free stuff.

this, they want free tokens, who gives a !@#$ about watching genji blade for 5 hours
01/10/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Makenai

WC finals also had 300k viewers and there was no rewards then (nor now afaik).

So I mean, your theory doesn't add up

That's World Cup finals. Finals have more viewers in all sports than regular matches. See the Super Bowl viewership versus a regular game. See the World Series versus a regular game.

That they have more viewers now than in the World Cup final is a very large indication that viewers think they'll get something out of it. Not the other way around.

Finals get more views than regular games.
You should be able to watch the game in game client from your favourite player/teams first person perspective not from twitch view which is on the wrong teams view most of the time. All other Esports games you can watch from in the client its 100% better.
01/10/2018 04:55 PMPosted by escampee
01/10/2018 04:17 PMPosted by Makenai

WC finals also had 300k viewers and there was no rewards then (nor now afaik).

So I mean, your theory doesn't add up

That's World Cup finals. Finals have more viewers in all sports than regular matches. See the Super Bowl viewership versus a regular game. See the World Series versus a regular game.

That they have more viewers now than in the World Cup final is a very large indication that viewers think they'll get something out of it. Not the other way around.

Finals get more views than regular games.

You must be fun to be around
01/10/2018 04:53 PMPosted by escampee
LOL. This. You realize how few viewers they had before this, right? (OWL preseason numbers weren't nearly as high.)

Now, I think it's silly to get so excited about 300 hundred thousand viewers but in any sport preseason has far fewer viewers than actual season.
People are idling to get skins. They dont care ya dummies.
I'm surprised the haters haven't said the numbers are artificially inflated with bots. They are usually so good with conspiracy.

It's likely there will be even more viewers later when Dynasty plays Fuel.

I don't care about numbers though. I'm just gonna enjoy watching the games and laugh at the haters on the forum.
300k or millions, it's still crap.
01/10/2018 05:02 PMPosted by pooch
I'm surprised the haters haven't said the numbers are artificially inflated with bots. They are usually so good with conspiracy.

Someone already said it in a different thread, never underestimate the haters.

01/10/2018 05:02 PMPosted by pooch
I don't care about numbers though. I'm just gonna enjoy watching the games and laugh at the haters on the forum.

You sir, are doing it right.
01/10/2018 04:43 PMPosted by QuestionMark
<span class="truncated">...</span>

based on....oh right nothing.

Most people don't care about OWL. Most people want the skins and to not have to pay for the coins. Show me actual interesting gameplay from the OWL and I'll take back anything that I said. Until then, it's a snorefest with mirror comps doing the same thing over and over again.

Asians will win, people will probably say GG, and carry on.

Oh I get it now. When you say "most people" I should substitute "I" for that phrase because unless you have some knowledge that you are not sharing you are in no way qualified to speak for most. You do not know why people are watching, you do not know what they are watching for. Your explanation does not explain why 300k people watched worlds because you cannot because it does not fit with what you are saying.
And dont forget the views from the French, Korean and Mandarin streams.

Except there are no rewards for watching right now. Go into the chat and type !rewards. You'll get a notification from a bot that the rewards system isn't up.

So why hasn't the number crashed to the ground?