OWL 350.000+ Views

General Discussion
This forums always manages to flip a positive into a negative. Sad.
why do they think 350k is even alot...lol...freakin starcraft2 had more then that when it first started and thats a RTS which very few people like

LOL at all the Blizzard Nut huggers
"Following the Kardashians" used to get more views :))
You consider 350K good?
For a game that claimed to have over 30,000,000 players that's terrible.
Love all these "keep hating, OWL is alive" Yet that's barely touching 1% of the copies they sold.

Yeah, who looks pretty dumb now.
01/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by ARCTURUS

What do you mean used to? It still has a lot more viewers than this "amazingly popular" esport.
01/10/2018 05:19 PMPosted by MetaVolca
You consider 350K good?

Thats the worst attempt of hating.

How many people do you think watch from the EU where its 2:21AM right now? Not a lot, lets just say that.

Do you think everyone who are interested about OWL watching right now? I would say a lot of people will watch it tomorrow when they have free time.

For an esport game only on twitch (not the only platform where its streamed) 350k is more than good.
01/10/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Matrim
01/10/2018 05:18 PMPosted by ARCTURUS

What do you mean used to? It still has a lot more viewers than this "amazingly popular" esport.

They still produce that $#!T ?? LOL
01/10/2018 05:22 PMPosted by Taronn
You consider 350K good?

How many people do you think watch from the EU where its 2:21AM right now? Not a lot, lets just say that.

Do you think everyone who are interested about OWL watching right now? I would say a lot of people will watch it tomorrow when they have free time.

For an esport game only on twitch (not the only platform where its streamed) 350k is more than good.

Theres 1 team from EU and its filled with Koreans
Why would anyone in their right mind skip sleep to watch a bunch of Koreans represent LONDON ????
Tyler1 had +200k on his first day of streaming, just wait the hype will die down and numbers will settle on probably ~100k.
You consider 350K good?

I highly doubt the rest of the entire 29,650,000 players live in the EU, but feel free to keep moving the goalpost. And I highly, highly doubt the views will increase over time because that rarely happens with any tournament.
01/10/2018 05:00 PMPosted by BADD
01/10/2018 04:55 PMPosted by escampee

That's World Cup finals. Finals have more viewers in all sports than regular matches. See the Super Bowl viewership versus a regular game. See the World Series versus a regular game.

That they have more viewers now than in the World Cup final is a very large indication that viewers think they'll get something out of it. Not the other way around.

Finals get more views than regular games.

You must be fun to be around

Excellent rebuttal! Completely logical and fact based on the topic! Personal insults, yay!

Oh. Oh WAIT. I'm sorry, I see that it was just you resorting to a personal insult instead of having any sort of actual rebuttal at all. My bad.
01/10/2018 05:26 PMPosted by MetaVolca

I highly doubt the rest of the entire 29,650,000 players live in the EU, but feel free to keep moving the goalpost. And I highly, highly doubt the views will increase over time because that rarely happens with any tournament.

I highly doubt all those people still play or exist. Its far more likely the active playerbase is at best 1/3 of that (im being VERY generous here in reality its more like 1/5).

Heck LoL has over 100M accounts and they get around 250k for normal LCS weeks. Does that make LCS a failiure that needs to be cancelled? No because thats a stupid way to look at it.
01/10/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Cake
This forums always manages to flip a positive into a negative. Sad.

Oh come on. This isn't a positive post. It's made by an OWL fan trying to use ratings to prove that people are SUPER interested in OWL and everyone loves it.

You know it and everyone in this thread knows it. It's nothing but ego and people trying to prove points. LOL.
Why is everyone making it a big deal that it has a massive viewership on it's first day? If it maintains this level of viewing for the future, fair play, maybe Blizzard did it right after all, but that remains to be seen doesn't it.
01/10/2018 05:02 PMPosted by pooch
I'm surprised the haters haven't said the numbers are artificially inflated with bots. They are usually so good with conspiracy.

It's likely there will be even more viewers later when Dynasty plays Fuel.

I don't care about numbers though. I'm just gonna enjoy watching the games and laugh at the haters on the forum.
they have
01/10/2018 04:46 PMPosted by Ultaholic
01/10/2018 04:13 PMPosted by HPmunchcraft
dude Look at the chat. None of them are watching because they actually want to watch. They’re watching because they think they’ll get free stuff.

All 300k plus people? Also, if they're chatting on Twitch...then...hmmm...they must be watching it too. If they just wanted free stuff, they don't have to actively engage in chat. Think about it.

By the same token, do you think that all those people are really there to watch the games? hmmm?

You know that's not true. Just like the 300k people watching the Jeff Holiday video weren't doing it because they wanted to watch Jeff Kaplan being silent on loop.

Don't pretend that whole viewership is because people are into OWL. You know it's not.