Torbjorn's Armor Pack

General Discussion
Torbjorn's Armor Pack ability is too unreliable to ever consider picking the hero for. I often like picking Torbjorn or have allies choosing him when i'm playing Tracer or Mercy for the extra survivability, but quite a lot of the time I feel that if we're in a losing situation, it only gets worse for me. Scrap during Overwatch's beta used to be a much more critical component of Torbjorn's kit as it allowed him to upgrade turrets but that was removed a long time ago and only relates to his Armor Pack ability. Several months ago it was changed so that scrap gives less but Torbjorn generates more on his own, I liked the direction of this change but thought that it was a little less than what needed to be done. IMO, I think that scrap pick ups should be abolished and just have scrap generate entirely passively. Armor Pack as it is right now is a win-more passive but if you're losing can be next to useless, for this same reason, Reaper's "The Reaping" was changed a while ago, why can't we have the same for Torbjorn? A much more stable and reliable output of armor in my opinion would greatly benefit the hero's applicability as you'd actually find yourself choosing him with the armor in mind instead of saying to yourself, "I'm not going to choose Torbjorn because we're not doing that well and the armor is going to generate too slowly.", despite the fact that they're using a Tracer and your team would benefit having the Torbjorn to deal with her. Added to the inconsistency of this ability, the danger that it puts the Torbjorn in is extremely high. One of the people on the enemy team may have died but you find yourself unable to go over there and pick up that scrap because you'd put yourself at great danger, this also works in a way where the Torbjorn has positioned himself well, but needs to constantly keep dropping down from high ground to get that scrap and creating armor for himself and teammates.

TL;DR: Torbjorn's scrap pickups should be removed and turned entirely passive.
Would be very overpowered.
Would just give Torb more reasons to camp his turret spamming left click because he no longer would have to run around.
IMO torb's scrap has a pretty good balance right now. You still get extra armor for your teammates after winning a fight, but you can still support your team before a fight.
12/20/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Feed
Would just give Torb more reasons to camp his turret spamming left click because he no longer would have to run around.

Behaviour like this is detrimental to the Torbjorn player anyway. A Pharah or a Junkrat can punish you staying near your turret with the splash damage it inflicts.
12/20/2017 11:20 AMPosted by Feed

Mind explaining why? Not very descriptive at the moment.