Stevo false reporting

General Discussion
It is not the community's "responsibility" to "expose" streamers.
12/20/2017 01:01 PMPosted by Lemoi356
12/20/2017 12:59 PMPosted by Starless
There was actually one guy literally jumping off the map for the entire round and another guy calling everyone to report him (which is considered griefing by Blizzard)... his only mistake was not understanding some of them were actually defending him, which he admitted as such after people made him notice.

You sure have much time to waste if you watch his stream waiting for the opportunity to defame him on forums.

...It's called self-deprecation.

I wasn't watching the stream, I got the info second hand.

He did report people who were innocent
And he said thawas bad

Alright so the guy admitted it that it was bad now get over it

If it persists then alright. It I don't see u witch hunting the people who q snipe stevoo to throw his games

Or the people like child's who type "report stevoo" in every game he sees stevoo for playing sym and has reported him multiple times in a game

Nah nah dude that one time stevoo did something wrong and actually apologized for it

That's some bad !@#$
12/20/2017 12:46 PMPosted by Blam320
12/20/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Lemoi356
Down voted with no response. Nice.

Naming and shaming is against the Terms of Service.

He's raising awareness.
12/20/2017 12:45 PMPosted by Lemoi356
Down voted with no response. Nice.

It's funny because if you said this last week about another particular popular streamer you wouldn't have positive upvotes.
Yeah the video that was on Kotaku showed him reporting basically his whole team for abusive chat, even though it was 2-3 of them that did it. It was wrong. And they should take him aside and tell him not to do that.

Eta: But most of the reports he filed are legit. He just needs to be more aware of who is defending him, who is trying to stay out of it and just play, and who deserves the reports rather than reporting whole teams. But given the toxicity in that video, I don't blame him for being too annoyed to think straight. He doesn't need to be banned, just made aware to be a bit more careful with his reports.
OP, why do you even care? Is your post a Cain attempt at shouting neener neener neener to pro players?
12/20/2017 12:47 PMPosted by ŞĦĩŘØĥĬĞĘ

But all of the xQc topics were fine right?
Its amazing the shift. xqc was vilified day and night on this forum for his false report and throwing, and now stevo gets caught and the excuses are "well it happens to him so who cares", "he gets falsely banned all the time, hes allowed to break the rules". Sickening.
Have you... even watched the very clips you linked? The second one doesn't show enough to confirm or deny whether the people he reported really were being inactive but that first one very clearly is a valid report he made. You can see the chat log with a player trying to get the whole lobby to report Stevo without reason, which is a reportable offense. Congrats for shooting yourself in the foot though I guess. This only shows Stevo really does have to deal with a lot of ignorant jerks like you.
12/20/2017 01:05 PMPosted by DrFate

And he said thawas bad

If it persists then alright. It I don't see u witch hunting the people who q snipe stevoo to throw his games

Or the people like child's who type "report stevoo" in every game he sees stevoo for playing sym and has reported him multiple times in a game

Nah nah dude that one time stevoo did something wrong and actually apologized for it

That's some bad !@#$

Wait. He admitted it was wrong? Then what is the issue here? Yes, it is wrong to report your whole team because of the comments of a couple of them, no matter how annoying those commentators are being. But if he admits and doesn't keep doing it, that should be a non-issue.
12/20/2017 01:05 PMPosted by DrFate

And he said thawas bad

That's some bad !@#$

He didn't apoligize. He said that he thought it was fine
False reports with proof. According to forums that should result in a streamer banned. Consistency.
Its quite funny how proof of me "false" reporting pops up instantly, but in the last 2-3 weeks not a single clip of me being toxic or actually throwing games showed up. Interesting how that works. ;)
Not xQc, no problem
12/20/2017 01:17 PMPosted by Lemoi356
He didn't apoligize. He said that he thought it was fine
He said it was a mistake and that he will let Blizzard figure that out. What else can you do? You can't undo reports...

12/20/2017 01:11 PMPosted by Hobotripin
Its amazing the shift. xqc was vilified day and night on this forum for his false report and throwing, and now stevo gets caught and the excuses are "well it happens to him so who cares", "he gets falsely banned all the time, hes allowed to break the rules". Sickening.
Honestly the most sickening part is that you can't tell the difference between a guy who intentionally reports a Symm main under ALL report categories (even CHEATING) before the match even started and a guy who wrongly report one guy after a round where people were arguing, sitting in spawn and jumping off the map.
12/20/2017 01:25 PMPosted by Stevooo
Its quite funny how proof of me "false" reporting pops up instantly, but in the last 2-3 weeks not a single clip of me being toxic or actually throwing games showed up. Interesting how that works. ;)
I mean, you do in fact report people who don't deserve it pretty frequently, I don't know why you're getting so upset people are actually showing others finally? You whined and moaned about false reports and now you're being a hypocrite.

False reporting is just as much against the rules as "being toxic" and throwing games. Interesting how that works. ;)
Is this the guy off Jackass? The one who gets off on getting hurt? No wonder he plays Overwatch.
You guys are acting like this is remotely similar with what XQC did both times he got suspended. XQC was suspended for actually false reporting a one trick MULTIPLE TIMES before the game even started. The second time he literately threw a game.

In this scenario Stevo was being berated by the team and one person was defending him. The whole game they were blaming Stevo even though it wasn't his fault the other team was spawn camping them and killing them over and over again. Some of them even threw the game and kept asking everyone to report Stevo. Stevo reported them because they were calling for reports (which is griefing & harassing).

IF he reported someone who wasn't doing any of those things, it was definitely not intentional. Banning someone for doing something that wasn't intentional would be a little over the top.
12/20/2017 01:32 PMPosted by Hobotripin
12/20/2017 01:25 PMPosted by Stevooo
I mean, you do in fact report people who don't deserve it pretty frequently, I don't know why you're getting so upset people are actually showing others finally? You whined and moaned about false reports and now you're being a hypocrite.

False reporting is just as much against the rules as "being toxic" and throwing games. Interesting how that works. ;)
You're lying and twisting facts and words so much it's actually pathetic. You're better off whining on reddit like you do every day.
12/20/2017 01:34 PMPosted by CucoMonster
You guys are acting like this is remotely similar with what XQC did both times he got suspended. XQC was suspended for actually false reporting a one trick MULTIPLE TIMES before the game even started. The second time he literately threw a game.

In this scenario Stevo was being berated by the team and one person was defending him. The whole game they were blaming Stevo even though it wasn't his fault the other team was spawn camping them and killing them over and over again. Some of them even threw the game and kept asking everyone to report Stevo. Stevo reported them because they were calling for reports (which is griefing & harassing).

IF he reported someone who wasn't doing any of those things, it was definitely not intentional. Banning someone for doing something that wasn't intentional would be a little over the top.

XQC reported the guy after he threw a game before in his team and he was matched with that guy 3 times. Even the person who created that thread apologized to xqc