Petition to revert current Mercy to pre-rework Mercy.

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Highly Rated
You cannot balance Rez as an ability, it’s as simple as that. Mercy was never considered “OP” before her rework, just annoying. Her pick rates were never an alarming issue, and the “hide and seek” playstyle was a myth that very few Mercy players actually took advantage of. The pick rates now speak volumes about how Mercy, no matter what you do, will be considered a must pick and if she’s not on your team, you are at a disadvantage. Let’s not forget how you will get flamed on any team if one of your supports don’t play Mercy. Revert her, then monitor her from there.

There is a thread worth almost 4000 posts of suggestions, yet it’s hard to tell if it’s being considered, let alone read.

EDIT: I have this as a post but I find it important enough to put it in the OP.

To the people suggesting another rework ... what if that rework fails? What if the rework after that rework fails? You’re betting on the developers to rework a hero when they have failed twice now (Symmetra and Mercy) - you’re quite literally insisting hundred of players constantly readjust their play styles over and over again at the cost of fixing this hero when she was fine before her rework. At this point, an entire playerbase will be nonexistent due to failed reworks and exhaustion from constantly relearning how to play their character.

You can ask for a rework all you want, but as long as Rez is an ability, it is NOT going to work out. And, if they wanted to rework her again, they have, once again, 4000 posts worth of suggestions - shouldn’t we have seen changes by now?

Signers:

Ketara
MamiMamiMogu
Nebula
SlashedSkull
Acanarina
Pokono
Titanium
WarmasterCly
Toop
Copeman09
Fraevar
Chaogeo
Ffirebrandd
Bufftorb
Lemonkiller
Benjaminwolf
Berijoker
SPGG
Mirrorkat
Nevermore
Honchkrow
Symmetra
akulani
Draco
DanJackson
Rednaxela31
SpookySquid
mrBelotsky
HatsuneMiku
Elyrh
Jamster
JellyandJam
Lullabeii
Andromeda
DJCAT45
NObackfill
Eirghan
Abuelita
IDKmyname
DarthMaulX77
Miscanadian
ZYTHIX
oversleep
Osprey
BREMiJASSEY
Crestren
Nelke
SuperMage
nekomimi
Frowny
ImNotBrad
Aspharr
xHolloW
LazyTitan
TheLTF
Mercy
Sandity
dad
emorphien
GaleDragon
DillonX3
WhiteRabbit
Peridot89
Thorminator
HiThere
GenjisWife
DumDumFox
Benjuhh
SilkPenny
Rythix
Signed.
It never should've been an ability in the first place for a wide variety of reasons that everyone perfectly explained in the Mercy thread.
You know, the thread nobody of Blizzard reads with 3k+ posts.
+1
Well the point was to "make her fun" she was super fun at the start, but that ressurection is just horrible to use, it feels so bad, but you must use it, at this point I prefer they remove it and give us a new ability that is fun... Revert will probably never happen, anyway the "Hide n wait" myth won, I call it a myth cause its total bs not even one Mercy in my lower elo was doing it, including me, sorry that I had when I hear a Reaper/76/Genji using ults, I must be a noob. They just had to tweak her ult. Add LoS + Inc. Charge, and thats it.
against it, sorry!
Signed
Signed
Against it, sorry... (I'd prefer another rework)
12/19/2017 04:58 AMPosted by Qwazi
That might work too, but a revert is sure to bring back the fun of playing Mercy; another rework isn't.
12/19/2017 04:58 AMPosted by Qwazi

And what would this rework contain that doesn’t involve taking Rez away as an ultimate? It doesn’t get better than Mercy 1.0 at the moment, sorry to break it to you.

You cannot balance Rez as an ability and it’s about time Blizzard stopped trying.
Against it sorry
Yup, signed.

They should have balanced her, the problem was (apparently) some people hiding then rez-ing.
She did not need a full rework and then several nerfs, god I've lost track of them.
Funny how this will turn into an up and downvote battle, until a forum mod locks it of course because we should be confined in the massive Mercy thread nobody of Blizzard reads.
Petitions aren’t allowed in forums. It’s against the rules.
12/19/2017 05:13 AMPosted by LilJinx
Petitions aren’t allowed in forums. It’s against the rules.

Yeah, it shatters the illusion of dev-player communication. ;)
Just because the Developers don't acquiescence to your every demand, doesn't mean they don't listen. Sometimes the vocal minority of the playerbase might just be wrong. It doesn't matter if you have a thread with 2,000 posts and hundreds of pages; sometimes, you're just wrong.

Speaking purely from my own point of few, I think Mercy is fine now. Her rezzes leave her extremely vulnerable and out-of-position, but she is still the best healer in the game and if you have good tanks, you can reliably rez characters in dire situations. Valkyrie is the most fun I've ever had playing this character, and seeing it reverted back to the braindead rez-ultimate would be heartbreaking.
12/19/2017 05:18 AMPosted by Elfcrippler

Speaking purely from my own point of few, I think Mercy is fine now.

Yet, almost 90% of teams still think Mercy is required to win. The pick rates say otherwise. Don’t be delusional.
signed.

Maybe this will actually get Blizzard's attention.

Edit: You should edit the first post to include usernames of the signers.
Isnt balance res as a ultimate also a myth? As long as I remember Mercy had so much patches even before rework because there was so many complains about her RES. Now the complains are mostly Valkrie. Cant we just nerf her selfheal and duration?

At most of the post I see people want her to revert not because of balance. They just say it was more fun. And I dont argue that if it is what they think