Blizzard literally has no sense of reality

General Discussion
Highly Rated
This is beyond ridiculous, someone really lost his mind at Blizzard. For 5 Euro you can at least get 5 lootboxes with 4 items in it. Now Blizzard is not even trying, they are selling you one single item, 1/4 content of a lootbox for a price of 5 lootboxes. I love collecting items, I have all achievements, all event exclusive items including the freakin' BlizzCon skins as well, but this is the end of the line for me. I'm not just not going to pay any money and support this awful idea of harvesting kids and fans of Overwatch for money, but I'm not even gonna spend the 100 free "league tokens".

Blizzard you really messed up your first anniversary event with your greediness, now you successfully turned OWL to a cashgrab-fest.

Congratulations!
It's the same as buying a jersey, which are typically much more expensive, Jesus people will whine about anything
These are skins for promoting the OWL - they were never going to get normal pricing, this is a licensed sports item...which they want to use to advertise and promote the Overwatch League and get fans to buy for the sake of having something semi-tangible of the team they might support.

Surprise, folks...This is exactly what Overwatch was always building towards.
01/09/2018 11:46 AMPosted by JakuNonon
It's the same as buying a jersey, which are typically much more expensive, Jesus people will whine about anything

I'm glad 5 Euros are nothing to you, so I bet you can prove this by buying me a couple of thise 5 Eur/USD skins, right?
Where can I send you my PayPal or bank account number? Please, let me know.
Japanese yen is so much worse

You are aware that you can actually w e a r the jersey right?
01/09/2018 11:59 AMPosted by WildRage
Japanese yen is so much worse

How much a stupid OWL skin cost in Yen?
Like if this 5 EUR = 5 USD isn't retarted enough, I'm just curious.
which is also a horrible deal so that dosent really mean anything
The whole point is not the skin. The whole point is to what to support the OWL, and specifically the team that you are buying the skin for. This is fine.
Again, I have to ask you all just how you thought OWL was going to generate revenue. Ticket sales 3 days a week at a single 450 seat arena?
You are talking about Activision, not Blizzard.

Activision = in charge of anything that deals with real world currency

Blizzard = game balance and content
Why does anyone care?

These are the some of the laziest skin designs since the BASE color swaps for each hero. 100% stupid.
If there was no OWL, then these skins wouldn't exist. Would you rather not even have the option?

Plus they're just recolours of the basic skins, most people would stop wearing them once they get an epic or legendary skin for that hero anyway.
01/09/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Vintorez
If there was no OWL, then these skins wouldn't exist. Would you rather not even have the option?

Plus they're just recolours of the basic skins, most people would stop wearing them once they get an epic or legendary skin for that hero anyway.
actually yeah I would rather have that option
I literally have no sense of reality!
Congratulations!

Fixed it for you.
Buy jersey for your favourite soccer team? 70 bucks. For a single individual? Boy, you can go for 100. ONE team? With all the reserves? Sets you back 1500 bucks. And double that, since they also have one differently coloured for going out matches.
You guys complain about 5 bucks per jersey, you can buy all team colours for the price of one soccer team.
01/09/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Noxgarm
I literally have no sense of reality!
Congratulations!

Fixed it for you.

And legendary troll Noxgarm appeared. :O I'm kinda surprised to be honest. I take this as a compliment, so thank you.
01/09/2018 12:01 PMPosted by Makenai

You are aware that you can actually w e a r the jersey right?

To where? My house or work? I don't actually have much of an outing life outside of Job and my hobbies at home.

I'd get more value out of a digital Jersey than an IRL one personally.
It's a bit annoying that they put in these skins for esports fans, to support their team...but they KNEW that non-esport fans would want them too. "It's like a football jersey", sure - difference is, a football jersey isn't an actually desirable item to everyone. Even the guy who bought might never wear it outside of matches.

That being said, OP, you might want to try and deal with your compulsion to collect everything. It seems to be causing you more strife than its worth.
If you bought 5 loot boxes, how likely do you think are the chances of getting an epic skin (these OWL skins are basically epics) at all?

If you did get that epic, do you really think you'd get one for the hero you like?

And how about the specific color? You've got 12 of these OWL skins per hero. If you wanted a specific color instead of just any one of them, you'd have to spend way more than $5 on loot boxes.