$7CAD for 1 skin

General Discussion
now thats.. alot for 1 Skin
So don't buy them.

Easy peazy.
01/09/2018 12:30 PMPosted by ȂndyZ

Don't buy them, this is an horrible price tag for a reskin/recolored with a team sticker.

Legendary skins on the other hand feels proper to that, not an epic skin at all, but whatevers, this is turning into an EA-type of money grab more than anything I guess.
01/09/2018 01:01 PMPosted by ReshiRed
01/09/2018 12:30 PMPosted by ȂndyZ

Don't buy them, this is an horrible price tag for a reskin/recolored with a team sticker.

Legendary skins on the other hand feels proper to that, not an epic skin at all, but whatevers, this is turning into an EA-type of money grab more than anything I guess.
^^ has never been moneygrabbed by EA.

This is NOT a pay2win scheme that walls you off certain progression of any sort.

It's purely and utterly aesthetic, and 100% based on personal taste and who you support / what skin you covet.

Not even 0.00000001% close to EA's crappy thievery.
The money goes to the team and the league, So think of it more as a donation or a sports jersey. I put down 10 Euro to back my boys in NY but its all in spirit of the sport.
01/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Richie
The money goes to the team and the league, So think of it more as a donation or a sports jersey. I put down 10 Euro to back my boys in NY but its all in spirit of the sport.

"The money goes to...the league" "Think of it as a donation."

The "league" here being Comcast. Donate to your ISP today!
I play Black Desert. 5$ is not that bad in my opinion. I'm not interested in buying but I've seen much worse.
then u compare it to csgo stickers which are $2.50 cad a piece or less after the major is over lol.
Torbs uprising skin is the same as his tre kronor
Yeah I don't understand why they made the conversion of USD to CAD but not for euros. Personnally, I don't care because I don't have the intention to buy tokens for now but it's not very fair.
01/09/2018 01:06 PMPosted by XecutorAdun

I mean, it's not. I agree there. But that doesn't take away the consumer base's right to say that the pricing is too high per skin.

01/09/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Wolfatrix
Yeah I don't understand why they made the conversion of USD to CAD but not for euros. Personnally, I don't care because I don't have the intention to buy tokens for now but it's not very fair.

The CAD exchange rate always updates sooner than the EU one does. (Possibly even the AUS one too.)

Differing exchange rate laws rule when a company can adjust their exchange rates. With the financial agreements between the US and Canada, they are usually some of the fastest to go through. Others will change after the month's end completes closing (so sometime in February) and yet others won't shift until after the quarter's end sometime in April.

Just be glad they actually adjust for unfavorable as well as favorable inflation over the long term.
So...don't buy them. I'm not going to.
01/09/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Richie

The problem with this theory going around is that you cannot dictate to other people that they must pick a team and cheer for them. Most people don't care about OWL, and they're interested in the skins because they are skins. (Something that Blizzard isn't great at giving us.)

So when you don't get recolors for months on end, and then they want $5 for one, you can't say "But you have to choose a team you support! That's the ONLY reason you should care about these items, and you should only think about it in this specific, rare, way!"

You cannot dictate to somebody that they must support a team (I sure don't. I cheer for Fuel's demise because of that idiot on their team, but I don't cheer for others.)

If you have to tell a consumer that they MUST do such and so in order to add value to a product, then you have not marketed your product correctly or have over inflated is general value.

Basic supply and demand. The higher the price, the fewer the people that will find it worth that price. That's what is happening right now. OWL fans see the $5 as worthwhile. Those uninterested do not.

The problem being that more players are uninterested in the league than those who are.

More importantly, Blizzard has created a choke on their supply of skins. So when they finally supplied said skins, people are upset at the price they have to pay.
Tfw you live in an Eastern EU country with a low GDP but prices are in Euro bc lol pay more if you're EU, and you also get VAT on top of that :/
01/09/2018 01:06 PMPosted by XecutorAdun
01/09/2018 01:01 PMPosted by ReshiRed

^^ has never been moneygrabbed by EA.

This is NOT a pay2win scheme that walls you off certain progression of any sort.

It's purely and utterly aesthetic, and 100% based on personal taste and who you support / what skin you covet.

The thing is I want to, but the skins aren't worth it.

The loot boxes gives you more than the cosmetics skins.