Who wants to guess what the next Mercy nerf will be?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Mercy removed from the game

We have found that Mercy is just way too not fun to play against and is despised by the community overall. We have decided that it is in the best interest of the game to permanently remove her at this time. We thank all of our Mercy mains for playing, and we hope you’ll understand.
01/04/2018 11:48 PMPosted by Kuuppon
Rez will be removed. That was the end goal this whole time. I'm not surprised so when these changes go through I will not be rezing anyone.

I wouldn't be surprised by it at this point. First they made rez outside Valkyrie pointless, since you can only pull off low impact rezzes (behind backlines) off safely. The high impact ones, say in the middle of a team fight are impossible. And now they pretty much did the same thing to Valkyrie. It's as if they don't want rez to be used. But then I can't help but wonder: why give us an ability that we're not even meant to use? Personally, I think it would be best if rez was there during valkyrie and that she has a different ability outside of it.
01/04/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Dad76
All they really need to do is remove Rez and replace it with a more balanced ability, it's clear that resurrect as an ability is just too strong of an ability.

then why was Mercy not OP from the start of the game? Why was she even in F-tier when she always could rezz people?

... that doesn't make sense if Rezz is the one thing that makes her so completely OP, she would have been OP the whole time.
I guess they will delete mercy! BLIZZARD BUFF MERCY! Or suicide
01/05/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Maya
01/04/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Dad76
All they really need to do is remove Rez and replace it with a more balanced ability, it's clear that resurrect as an ability is just too strong of an ability.

then why was Mercy not OP from the start of the game? Why was she even in F-tier when she always could rezz people?

... that doesn't make sense if Rezz is the one thing that makes her so completely OP, she would have been OP the whole time.

It is indeed not what makes her OP. But it is also her defining skill and most visible one, so it's going to be the one ability people will complain about the most.
While using her ressurect ability her wings quadruple in size and count as crit boxes.

'Players felt that mercy was still too hard to kill. So we decided she needed to be more easily challenged while using her abilities'
I think she is fine now... How about mercy mains stop complaining and accept that a must pick in every situation is toxic for a game? Maybe don't pick mercy into an ememy team that can hard counter a slowed rez? Every other hero needs to play around the team comp of the enemy and friendly team alike, why is mercy the acception?
Probably her self healing. And maybe her damage boost will also damage her over time.

Then after that Zen will probably be on the chopping block. Poor guy has a discord that's pretty useful.
Mercy now only heals 30 HPS. Can heal at 60 HPS once evey 13 seconds. You now know how it feels to try saving people as Lucio. I tried Rein, I was healing you all along ;-;
Rez now only Resurrects the hero with 50 hp remaining. I expect that to be the next nerf.
Guardian Angel now only moves you 0.1 meters.

Mercy can now target enemies and heal them in addition (no this will not be an option to turn off in the settings)

Her ultimate now causes her to go blind.
Complete deletion (which would be pretty nice)
I feast on your tears.
Nailing her to the floor in the middle of the map with "Shoot here DPS" pinned to her back, so DPS mains can do their epic Q pressing on her.
I think her life regeneration will be killed off / slowed down next.

And they might probably destroy the whole point of ulting by nerfing her healing/dmg boost capability during it, and possibly limiting the range of GA during her ult.

Tbh, there aren't TOO many ways to destroy her even further. At some point she might only ever be able to run, jump, fire a gun and heal people with a beam that has a 2m radius and a 60s cooldown on GA with a now 3m radius.
I wouldn't put it past them to limit the maximum number of rezzes to a set number in a game, on top of all the other restrictions on use. You get five rezzes, and five only in an entire match, no resets between rounds. Better use them wisely.

And just in case: this would be a community resource, shared by every player who plays Mercy on your team, should you try to be cheesy and cheat the system by swapping Mercy with another teammate.

At this point, I think this sounds realistic.
Tbh I actually dont think she will have another nerf.

Those 4 nerfs in the PTR seem way overdone.
She has to aim for healing and damage boost
Mercy is now in a wheel chair 75% speed reduction.

Rezzing cast time increases 6 seconds, she has to sit over the corpse and do the dancing emote.

Increase hitbox of mercy to double size of orisa one.

Masochist leather skin for mercy along with a big target t !@#$ that says "shoot me"

Reduction of health pool of mercy ...so she has only 1 hp.

If the dps or diving tansk misses her, she has an ability that makes her put the gun in her mouth and shoot.

Reduction of radio of the beam to 1 meter

Enemy team can see mercy characters through walls during all the match

Mercy ultimate is flying is automatic and makes her fly to the spawn point

Mercy skin "pachimari mercy" ...that doesnt allow her to leave the spawn point.

more ideas?...If you think those ideas are stupid....ask the dev team, Im sure they can come with better stuff
01/05/2018 02:14 AMPosted by xZACHARYx
She has to aim for healing and damage boost

thats something that mercy needs for sure!!

and..winston, symmetra, diva reaper, moira, torb, junkrat, phara, bastion.... and 75% of the roster....to aim is something not many characters do in ow....in fact the minority do, the rest spam or autolock.