"You Should've Picked Mercy...."

General Discussion
Cool story but have some LUCIO OH OHS
12/15/2017 05:51 AMPosted by Seefer
12/14/2017 12:25 PMPosted by xavvypls
"...You should've picked any kind of support.
But we ended up losing, and it's all your fault.
You should know how this game works."

-What us Support Mains deal with 24/7. Shoutout to you if you play support, you deserve more hugs. Shoutout to you if you value supports as well and get asked to switch to play a support hero. You also deserve hugs.

My general response? "If you wanted a Mercy rather than pick a DPS YOU should have played her"

12/15/2017 05:52 AMPosted by Stimpak
(ME)"If you want Mercy so much why don't you swap to her.", "in fact, we could use a 2nd support."

(Team Mate whining for a Mercy) "....."
Both of your guys post = So true! Every time I get comments about playing Mercy I ask them "why don't they do it then?" And their response is either "Because I can't play healer" or "Because I'm playing tank."

12/15/2017 05:49 AMPosted by Dorognrr
Strange, i've played Mercy for 200 hours, yet have only had 2-4 people ever trash talk or insult me as far as i remember...

But i did get much praise, like "<3 mercy", "gj mercy" and "nice heals".

I'm not saying the healer-trash-talking stigma isn't real but i find it strange how i rarely get flak while i see the forums complain how they only get complaints and insults as support.

Maybe it's just an American thing. I'm European, and maybe it doesn't happen here, so pardon my ignorance if it does happen.
Darn, I should try playing UK games sometime then.
Play Symettra. Best Support for the Team. It teaches your teammatse not to get shot and the value of cover. ^^
I’m not going to play mercy plain and simple. Moria or Zenyatta or I’m playing dps. Mercy isn’t fun at least by to me and at the end of the day that’s why I’m playing this game, to have fun. Oh you instalocked Genji and now ou telling me what to play ........ good luck buddy.
“You should have picked Mercy! You should have picked any kind of support!”

*chooses Symmetra*

*scary music from Psycho* “WTF YOU CLUCKING IDIOT WE NEED A SUPPORT NOT A TROLL! EVERYBODY REPORT AND GET THIS C WORD BANNED.”
You guys are making me reconsider getting a working mic for comp.

Maybe I play better without all that hassle.
I refuse to play the most boring healer in the game.
Lol i will still play ana until i get ger cute spray, so you better go reaper and get a good death blossom
a salty DPS: Can you play Mercy?
me: No... I want to play Moira this Game
Dps: reported
me: why don’t you Mercy
Dps: you 0 reported.
!@#$ this logic
12/15/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Bogdi0711
!@#$ this logic

Sadly, this happens all too often.

That's part of the reason why I hate that peopel can see what characters you play on.

I am getting tired of, "well, you play tanks! PICK A TANK!" or "YOU HAVE A LOT TIME ON HEALERS. PLAY A HEALER!"

Like, who the !@#$ are you to tell me what to play? Who the hell do you think you are?

I have to wonder, what kind of crazy entitlement do these people seem to have to be able to make such demands?
12/15/2017 06:56 AMPosted by Toaster
12/15/2017 06:51 AMPosted by Bogdi0711
!@#$ this logic

Sadly, this happens all too often.

That's part of the reason why I hate that peopel can see what characters you play on.

I am getting tired of, "well, you play tanks! PICK A TANK!" or "YOU HAVE A LOT TIME ON HEALERS. PLAY A HEALER!"

Like, who the !@#$ are you to tell me what to play? Who the hell do you think you are?

I have to wonder, what kind of crazy entitlement do these people seem to have to be able to make such demands?
Not to mention that in the same exact round that if you DO listen to said people they are the first to blame YOU when their team loses.
12/14/2017 12:28 PMPosted by akulani
It's not easy having as much hours as I do on Mercy. I don't like playing on her anymore! STOP YELLING AT ME FOR NOT PLAYING HER!!! >:^(

I know those feels. *hugs*
Just keep a 0% win rate on her and people stop asking... or whining or screaming... :]
10% of the time I actually feel like playing Mercy and enjoy it. The other 90% however... is because no one else does. People have liked my Mercy a lot and I just feel like dying on the inside.

I wish I was a Mercy main /:
What if I actually enjoy playing Mercy?
12/15/2017 09:57 AMPosted by Solitude
What if I actually enjoy playing Mercy?
If you enjoy playing Mercy, that's great! I love playing Mercy as well. What I don't like is when people tell me what to do and rage when I choose anyone else. It's simply barbaric.

-What us Support Mains deal with 24/7. Shoutout to you if you play support, you deserve more hugs. Shoutout to you if you value supports as well and get asked to switch to play a support hero. You also deserve hugs.
If only mercy weren't so necessary :(

mashed song was pretty gudhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9uTScSgzrM
12/15/2017 12:02 PMPosted by CrazyMage

mashed song was pretty gudhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9uTScSgzrM
Agreed. Very catchy!

12/15/2017 11:50 AMPosted by Dribble

If only mercy weren't so necessary :(
Moira being introduced was supposed to alleviate the "needing a mercy to win" issue. I hope eventually players get good with Moira and not have to rely on Mercy all the time.
As the only tank on our team: "We need a healer"
All five DPSes: "Then you play one"