Did you guys run out of ideas on Mercy?

PTR Feedback
What TF are you guys doing?
If reworking Mercy brought so many problems, then just revert her.
Oh wait, you're so blind to see it and take the easy way. Nerf her. Over and over.
If Resurrect is too OP then just remove it from the game and put her another ability, FFS

Jeff on his post: "Tell us what you guys think"
Yeah, right. That's a: "Hey We don't care about what you have to say, the changes that are being tested will go live. Don't try to riot or the moderators Will lock every thread in a useless megathread that will have no dev feedback"
Join their team. You clearly know what to do.
01/04/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Prett

Honestly? You can gladly come on over to the Mercy megathread and see hundreds of suggestions that prove as good alternatives than whatever the hell this mess we were served just now.

This doesn’t even pertain to just Mercy. This pertains to other heroes that have wonderfully written megathreads outlining justifiable and reasonable changes, yet Blizzard doesn’t want to listen. You’d be ridiculous NOT to accept the idea that some players in this community would balance better.

I don’t want to question the devs, but with these changes, I absolutely have to.
Trying to please everyone is clearly becoming a problem.
It's not really blindness. The devs see.

It's more about pride. Reverting means admitting fault, and their pride doesn't allow that.

Also sets a precedence where players can ask for reverts on any and all future buffs/nerf. It's too much to worry about.
You know there are a lot of people who actually like the rework, I'm one of them. It made mercy more fun imo
01/04/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Lemoi356
You know there are a lot of people who actually like the rework, I'm one of them. It made mercy more fun imo

But nerfing her like this? A (possible) Rez every 30secs?
That if the enemy doesn't interrupt you.

It's more about pride. Reverting means admitting fault, and their pride doesn't allow that.

Also sets a precedence where players can ask for reverts on any and all future buffs/nerf. It's too much to worry about.

Making a lot of assumptions here. Disappointed that so many still see going after the devs' character as an avenue for discussion.
It's amazing how they took a character that was mostly hated, and reworked her into a character that is universally hated even by those who play her.

Mercy at this point is unrecognizable lol. They might as well have made Mercy 2.0 an entirely new hero.
01/04/2018 04:36 PMPosted by goliathfasa

Sorry mate, I’m pretty sure that boat sailed when they nerfed Hog hard because people wanted it.
DICE had the same problem with the medic train in Battlefield 3, so they made revive an ability that requiers time to bring someone back to full health in Battlefield 4.

they brought back instant revive in Battlefield 1, and the medic train is back full swing, only the weapons of the medics aren't as powerful, so it kinda balance it out.

sure Battlefield and Overwatch a vastly different, but there is overlap in certain game designs.

I think Mercy should simply not resurrect at full health, especially considering the disparity of total health "regenerated" instantly if she res tanks. she can't simply interrupt the midfight and bring someone with very little risk of harm again into the fight. I know this falls as a disatvantage on the guy who is being resurrected, but that's the most logical solution to Mercy's ability to sway the battles in her favor. she IS a healer after all, the resurrected target should also be taken care of immediately and be a priority for healing.
So you know there is a megathread and you intentionally added to the forum spam anyway?
Blizzard hates Mercy players! That is the only way I can interpret these PTR nerfs. Her mobility is what makes her fun, so now they made sure her powers ruins her mobility... yay... blizzard hates me!
01/04/2018 04:28 PMPosted by TheSaltyHawk
What TF are you guys doing?
If reworking Mercy brought so many problems, then just revert her.
Oh wait, you're so blind to see it and take the easy way. Nerf her. Over and over.
If Resurrect is too OP then just remove it from the game and put her another ability, FFS

Jeff on his post: "Tell us what you guys think"
Yeah, right. That's a: "Hey We don't care about what you have to say, the changes that are being tested will go live. Don't try to riot or the moderators Will lock every thread in a useless megathread that will have no dev feedback"
all i know if these changes go through with mercy i will never touch another support again whether the team needs 1 or not. I am not going through any more grief having you constantly ruining fun supports.
01/04/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Lemoi356
the only thing that it made mercy more fun on was mobility.. id love to have old mercy with momentum and that would just be so fun for me
Ideas to make mercy's rez earned:

Make a rez resource system (similar to torb armour pack system) and make 5 offensive assists to be a rez. If the mercy player is great at damage boosting key teammates and their ultimates, she will get approximately one rez every two fights, which is already powerful enough.

Alternatively, make rez to be similar to a zarya's energy system where getting above 80 energy means having the opportunity to make a rez. Healing, damage boosting or getting assists will increase her energy. Energy gets a reset upon death or a successful attempt to rez
I can't agree more with this post. There's no point in expressing our dislike of this nerf when it will get fully ignored and if they feel offended then they will block you from the forums. As a Mercy main, I'm pretty upset with this dumb nerf.
I'm not a Mercy main and I'm against rez being a thing in this game, but these changes really feel messy. If you don't want rez to be relevant why are you still building Mercy around rez? Right now her ult is stripped of barely any utility besides surviving longer. Any other support ultimate brings more value than this version of Valkyrie.

Mercy rework could take a much brighter path if they weren't so busy trying to neutralize an issue that can't be solved. She needs another E and another ult entirely!
01/04/2018 04:30 PMPosted by VMajoris
01/04/2018 04:29 PMPosted by Prett

Honestly? You can gladly come on over to the Mercy megathread and see hundreds of suggestions that prove as good alternatives than whatever the hell this mess we were served just now.

This doesn’t even pertain to just Mercy. This pertains to other heroes that have wonderfully written megathreads outlining justifiable and reasonable changes, yet Blizzard doesn’t want to listen. You’d be ridiculous NOT to accept the idea that some players in this community would balance better.

I don’t want to question the devs, but with these changes, I absolutely have to.
Well, as I said. Join the team. I heard Blizzard were hiring and since you all have such great ideas they'd surely take you on.
This constant nerfs are getting out of hand...