Delete Mercy from the game.

General Discussion
01/05/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Mercy
01/05/2018 09:58 PMPosted by Miraude
They need to just get rid of res and replace it with something else. They did it to Symmetra and her E ability, do it to Mercy. It doesn't matter how many nerfs they throw out. As long as there is still a chance to res? Yeah still top pick. The only time she wasn't top pick was with Ana when she first came out and even then they shared the spot. So just plain simple, stop trying to balance around the ability and just replace it.

Make it an ability that dampens damage. Make it an ability that absorbs a certain amount of damage and then does a burst aoe heal, healing the target and any teammates in the radius.
Rez is Mercy’s identity, it will never be removed.

If one ability is her whole identity, then she's a poorly thought out hero. When it comes to the point where buffing the other healers is starting to look like the only viable option to overpower her res and #1 pick rate? There's a problem. Sure, let's buff the other healers to make them more appealing over res....but now we need to buff the damage to deal with the overhealing....which leads to nerfing. All over one hero's ability. Speed boost/aoe heal is exclusive to Lucio. Discord is exclusive to Zenyatta. Sleep dart is exclusive to Ana. Orbs are exclusive to Moira. Mercy still has the best mobility in game as a healer, res and temporary flight as an ult. She has aoe damage boost and healing as an ult. She can lose res and still be viable as a pick. She just won't be the pick anymore and someone else can be on top for once.

Overall, if a hero is #1 spanning across PC, XBOX and PS4 for both QP and Comp? It isn't because of Mercy's blaster, Valkyrie, damage boost or mobility. It's because of her whole identity being resurrect. Which in short, doesn't that go against her morals in general and falls more into Moira's territory? She didn't like how overreaching Overwatch was becoming. I wouldn't be surprised if she'd be disgusted over the fact that she's nothing more than Dr. Frankenstein in game.
Ah..I love the forums, it helps me fall asleep
01/05/2018 10:13 PMPosted by Mercy
Rez is Mercy’s identity, it will never be removed.

It is a video game with no campaign in the actual game, who cares about a !@#$ty dollar store story?

Heaven forbid she is not the most picked character in this game for once. Heaven forbid you have to play someone else.
learn how to play other healers?
01/05/2018 09:49 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
01/05/2018 09:47 PMPosted by Awardments
Is it your goal to make Mercy the least picked/least viable hero in the game?
Hasn't she had the highest pickrate for ages?
Congrats you’ve completely killed Mercy.
Didn't people say that the last few times, as she kept the highest pickrate in the roster and ended up being MORE powerful?
And now EeveeA is going to quit playing the game because of the Mercy changes.
Didn't they say that last time, and then ended up not quitting?

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit?

There's a difference between exaggerating and hinting. EVERYONE knows these mercy changes are WAY too harsh, and it doesn't seem anyone is listening too it. Take the streamer TimtheTatman for example. He HATES mercy and was begging for these changes for a long time. Mercy got them, and he tells them to tone it down, it was too harsh. I said I would quit after the last nerf, and i'll say it again this time.
Because you’re doing an awful job at keeping her alive. REVERT MERCY BACK TO THE WAY SHE USED TO BE!!!!! STOP REFUSING TO ADMIT YOU’RE WRONG AND JUST FIX HER!!!!! Is it your goal to make Mercy the least picked/least viable hero in the game? Congrats you’ve completely killed Mercy. And now EeveeA is going to quit playing the game because of the Mercy changes.

LMAOOOO