The hate Mercy Players are Receiving

PTR Feedback
Prev 1 4 5 6
I mean I haven't really seen people "shooting" you down, people are just giving their opinion that doesn't align with your own. That's a healthy discourse and dialogue. Just because the Majority of the community doesn't like your character doesn't mean they dont like you.
It's like people forgot this is a game and it should be fun or something.
01/25/2018 10:37 AMPosted by Vizra
I mean I haven't really seen people "shooting" you down, people are just giving their opinion that doesn't align with your own.

Exhibit A:
01/24/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Stunlaw
They deserve the hate because they keep trying to keep their boring/no-skill main a must pick.

Exhibit B:
01/25/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Stunlaw
Mercy mains are completely dense and deserve all the hate.

and a few more:
01/23/2018 02:07 PMPosted by DaddyTorb
All junkrat and mercy mains are boosted end of story.

01/23/2018 12:30 PMPosted by SeekerScorp
This is why Mercy mains are a joke that plagued this game. Funny enough, in the past month, it's mostly tank and healer COMPETITIVE mains such as myself are more ecstatic about you no talent mercy mains never getting back afk res. Good f'ing riddance!

01/23/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Hazel
I will never be satisfied with Mercy until she has been removed from the game entirely.

Mercy mains are why we deserve the geopolitical climate we have.

01/22/2018 09:16 AMPosted by trintrin
Entitled Mercy Mains.

01/20/2018 05:36 AMPosted by GenjiOTP
Its funny how all the reasonable posts gets downvoted by all the 30 IQ mercy mains

01/19/2018 10:37 AMPosted by SoftWhisper
Quick question, when's ptr going live? That exodus of mercy mains is long overdue. Clean up the forums from all the butt hurt mercy mains going back to bronze.

01/18/2018 06:17 PMPosted by Nihilist
So before you launch the Mercy nerfs that made all the Mercy mains get boosted to Master+ can you please reset their MMR? I don't wanna spend 2 weeks with Mercy mains deranking to bronze.

08/01/2017 05:46 AMPosted by swaglord420
I hate mercy one tricks with a passion, i would very much like to eradicate mercy from the game.

Feel free to vent your Mercy one trick hate here.

06/15/2017 05:17 AMPosted by swaglord420
I hate mercy OTPs, they usually ruin my games with their 60 IQ and their inability to switch and play any other hero. Please blizzard make them unable to reach high rankins by just playing mercy

"Whats the difference between a high ranking mercy main and a low one? Their boyfriends SR" - top kek

I'm sure I could keep going for quite some time
Someone here mentioned that Mercy 1.0 was a niche pick and I got a flood of memories. Heres a small list of times I would NEVER play Mercy back in 1.0:

1. Never play Mercy on attack.
2. Never play Mercy on a control point.
3. Never play Mercy if you have a Tracer/Genji/Reaper on your team (because they tend to die away from the team, taking utilization away from Rez)

As you can tell, even from this small list, there were tons of times where I considered Mercy a trash character in certain situations. I had played her enough to know that she wouldn't be great in these situations. Now suddenly in 2.0, Mercy can be played at any time, in any situation and still be good.
01/25/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Qwazi
I mean I haven't really seen people "shooting" you down, people are just giving their opinion that doesn't align with your own.

Exhibit A:
They deserve the hate because they keep trying to keep their boring/no-skill main a must pick.

Exhibit B:

and a few more:

This is why Mercy mains are a joke that plagued this game. Funny enough, in the past month, it's mostly tank and healer COMPETITIVE mains such as myself are more ecstatic about you no talent mercy mains never getting back afk res. Good f'ing riddance!

I will never be satisfied with Mercy until she has been removed from the game entirely.

Entitled Mercy Mains.

Its funny how all the reasonable posts gets downvoted by all the 30 IQ mercy mains

Quick question, when's ptr going live? That exodus of mercy mains is long overdue. Clean up the forums from all the butt hurt mercy mains going back to bronze.

So before you launch the Mercy nerfs that made all the Mercy mains get boosted to Master+ can you please reset their MMR? I don't wanna spend 2 weeks with Mercy mains deranking to bronze.

I hate mercy one tricks with a passion, i would very much like to eradicate mercy from the game.

I hate mercy OTPs, they usually ruin my games with their 60 IQ and their inability to switch and play any other hero. Please blizzard make them unable to reach high rankins by just playing mercy

"Whats the difference between a high ranking mercy main and a low one? Their boyfriends SR" - top kek

Lol it's so true. I started playing on my school team and everyone bows down to me and thinks of me as a saint for playing a healer in this game. Cut some slack for people that play this hero or any other support for that matter, they do it because they enjoy helping out the team, without them saving you from the brink of death your POTG would never be possible. :)

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

and a few more:

Entitled Mercy Mains.

A part of this community really went to !@#$. Absolutely pathetic.

Still, I wont wish death upon a hero simply because I hate playing against them and their players. I hate Genji with every cell in my body, but I wouldn't want him to get reworked and essentially become "Double Jump Simulator. " People like playing as him because he's fun. It's a competitive game and I need to work around my enemies. Not cry my lungs out until my enemies get handicapped to hell. It'll be nice, but it's still unacceptable behaviour at the end of the day.
because 90% of mercy main posts are not constructive they want her to simply be overpowered judging by what is posted, and quite frankly everyone is sick of her being a must pick.
a hero that takes LESS mechanics than other heroes should NOT be at the top of the tier list.
01/28/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Dumpster
because 90% of mercy main posts are not constructive they want her to simply be overpowered judging by what is posted, and quite frankly everyone is sick of her being a must pick.
a hero that takes LESS mechanics than other heroes should NOT be at the top of the tier list.

That's not true, most Mercy mains here give great suggestions how to tune down Mercy without her being oppressive anymore and still remaining fun to play. Heck I'd go as far as to say about 50% of MercyMains want rez to be removed at this point and have it replaced with another ability we can actually use without having someone to be dead in a safe spot.
Mercy 2.0 after the nerfs go live will still be stronger as Mercy 1.0 ever was. I used to burn my rez to solo-rez someone who died to random spam so my team could actually push for once or to keep the momentum going on payload and koth maps. Now I can do that for free every 30s plus I have an insane ultimate where I can mass heal my team, mass damageboost them and fly around freely. I have extended range on my beam so I can pocket heal/boost a dragonblade while being quite safe. I can heal my flankers from my backline and go in with a dive and be out of harms way. For 15 fkn seconds. How does that even sound remotely balanced to anyone?
They are nerfing the wrong things about Mercy. She still has that stupid infinite health regen in Valk. Since she won't dive in for rez, she'll stay in the backline so the GA nerf doesn't really affect her that much. Because she has such a long range on her beam she can peek corners and stay safe.
Once people adapted and Mercys figure out how to use the "new" Ult, she'll be oppressive once again. Mercy mains know that and we've been saying this since they announced the nerfs.
But the devs don't listen and people who don't play her are oblivious to how strong she'll still be.
01/28/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Dumpster

So... all the posts giving feedback from the first time she got reworked wasn't constructive? Mercy players warned that having an ultimate on an ability will never work or will be nerfed so hard it basically feels like !@#$ to use. We can see by your judgement on us that you are all for putting Mercy into the trash can then rather helping her from becoming a D level hero once again. Even though Mercy 1.0 was considered a D or a C level hero pre valkyrie rework, she wasn't played all the time and people shouldn't have complained about it because look at where that has brought us. We shouldn't be forcing heroes into a boring state of balance they should all be balanced but fun. Changing old Resurrect around would've been beneficial to the community as a whole not for one side or the other. They were working on her they put out a nerf to her ultimate so she couldn't Resurrect in spawn. Next it should've been a LOS Check to her ultimate so she needed to be in sight of atleast 1 hero that was dead. Fixed. Then you work on an ability that lets her contribute to teamfights and bamn you have a support that is balanced impactful and fun.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

and a few more:

Entitled Mercy Mains.

Damn. I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it wasthis bad.
No more in game hate for me. Now it's just the forums but since I just uninstalled the game I think I can take the toxicity on the forums with a little more casual attitude.
And in case if anybody still doubts that Mercy players are being treated gently and with care... I invite you to the general discussion of this forum.

It's just... sad.
01/28/2018 05:41 PMPosted by inplane
A part of this community really went to !@#$. Absolutely pathetic.

Still, I wont wish death upon a hero simply because I hate playing against them and their players. I hate Genji with every cell in my body, but I wouldn't want him to get reworked and essentially become "Double Jump Simulator. " People like playing as him because he's fun. It's a competitive game and I need to work around my enemies. Not cry my lungs out until my enemies get handicapped to hell. It'll be nice, but it's still unacceptable behaviour at the end of the day.
Same here. I hate Genji with a passion in-game, but I won't accept any nerfs to the character, as I know he, like Tracer, is actually balanced. He has bugs, sure, but what hero doesn't in Overwatch?

I see all those "Nerf 'X'" threads on the forums, and I'm like, "what the--?". Heroes don't need nerfs, they need to be fixed. I mean, what about Doomfist? Or Sombra? They're considered awkward or even trash-tier, all because of bugs that can easily be fixed, but are ignored, just like any other feedback posted on these forums.
01/30/2018 11:46 AMPosted by telepek
And in case if anybody still doubts that Mercy players are being treated gently and with care... I invite you to the general discussion of this forum.

It's just... sad.

And don't even get started on how they're being treated in game. Had a Pharah scream at me saying that I was trash for not pocketing him when he went off on his own after I told him he was out of my GA range and kept raging on about how crappy support mains are and that they're all just boosted to their ranks.
It's funny because everybody who hates Mercy players are the ones begging you to pick Mercy whenever you don't even want to play her.
01/30/2018 12:08 PMPosted by BubbleQuartz
01/30/2018 11:46 AMPosted by telepek

It's just... sad.

And don't even get started on how they're being treated in game. Had a Pharah scream at me saying that I was trash for not pocketing him when he went off on his own after I told him he was out of my GA range and kept raging on about how crappy support mains are and that they're all just boosted to their ranks.

I just finished a match of quickplay. At the sight of me picking Mercy I had two teammates panicking and asking me to change, and everybody threatened to report me.

Let me repeat this. IT WAS QUICKPLAY.