Hero 27 "is very needed"

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
01/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Lacerta
Why is nobody talking about his shirt that says Irvine...could that be a new hero name? Or is it referring to Irvine, CA? I have trouble believing Jeff would wear such a random shirt on a new year update for no reason

Since Blizzard HQ is in Irvine he might be hinting at the next hero being what we all really wanted: Jeff Kaplan himself.
Remember the Anchora leak? What if it’s the character that could put up electric fences?
01/02/2018 10:44 AMPosted by Cyrohound
Maybe a defense hero? They're the only class who hasn't gotten a new hero.

Probably. I mean it would be the only real "thing we need"
01/02/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Eggcelsior
Remember the Anchora leak? What if it’s the character that could put up electric fences?

? Anchora was Orisa.

01/02/2018 03:29 PMPosted by DireRaven

We certainly don't need a "defense" hero, they are just another type of DPS hero.

I'm on team tank.
01/02/2018 10:43 AMPosted by Bodaff
Spam mitigation off-tank?

We used to have DVa but with reduced matrix she's not nearly as strong in this role anymore.

And she was nerfed for exactly what yer advocating. She spammed mitigation.
I have a feeling the next hero might be a tank centered around fire.
01/02/2018 03:30 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
01/02/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Eggcelsior

? Anchora was Orisa.

01/02/2018 03:29 PMPosted by DireRaven

We certainly don't need a "defense" hero, they are just another type of DPS hero.

I'm on team tank.
The Anchora leak had 3 seperate characters on it
01/02/2018 02:08 PMPosted by Equinox
What role is most needed: Tank
What hero kit/ability is most needed in the game: Counter to dive (as many say)
"Hero 27 has been hinted at before": Moira's origin story scene was changed. The screen behind Talon members around a table showed nothing of importance, later it was changed to show a beefy figure.

Prediction: Hero 27 is a Talon Tank with a kit/ability to counter dive. I imagine that he stomps the ground to create a slowing field, since we haven't seen that in Overwatch other than Mei's ultimate.
Let me welcome to you a talon agent named sombra.

Let me welcome you to winston and mei.
I imagine a flanking hero. Something to counter the more necessary heroes such as Mercy, because I see a lot of people complaining about Mercy but from my experience a basic flank as Reaper, Junkrat, Doomfist, Tracer, Soldier, basically anything, will shut her down. As such, I'm hoping it would be a flanker. Maybe a flanking tank hero. Or someone who can shut down abilities similar to Sombra, which could be suggested by the hack from the stream. Being able to disable enemy abilities and maybe reset cooldowns on your teammates abilities?
Another meme hero
defence is still dps, and new defence heroes are NOT what the game needs
The heroe very needed? One that deletes Genji instantly out of every match.
01/02/2018 10:49 AMPosted by dostheboss
The game really need anti dive hero. Especially a counter to Tracer. I hope that it's an anti dive tank that WON'T be part of dive(winston and dva are the only tanks that counter dive but they are also part of it...)

Reaper could be considered anti-dive, IMO. His close-range burst damage pretty much destroys Winston or DVa, and any other low health squishy as long as his aim is good. Roadhog could be considered an extension of this.
01/02/2018 10:49 AMPosted by dostheboss
The game really need anti dive hero. Especially a counter to Tracer. I hope that it's an anti dive tank that WON'T be part of dive(winston and dva are the only tanks that counter dive but they are also part of it...)

Dive hasn't been good very much in Match making anymore because the heroes that counter dive got buffed. Sure, it works in the pro level, but that's about it and it isn't easy to pull off.
My best guess is this hero has a set of hedge cutters it uses to clip Mercy's wings mid Valk
My guess is, it will be a pirate ship buster of some sort. Like something that disperses/disrupts a group of bunched up defense.
01/02/2018 10:41 AMPosted by EMc73
What do you guys think this means? Is there a particular gap in the roster?

I know that Moira came about due to people thinking we didn't have enough healers. Could be a secondary healer?

It could also be an anti-mobility hero? But at the same time, Jeff did already say that he likes high speed heroes being in the pro meta. Plus, apart from Ana, every new hero counters Genji already. I also don't think Doomfist getting another counter is wanted at the moment.

Is there anything else people have been requesting?
This game needs a character like the pyro from TF2 someone to defend against dive character
01/02/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Shuriken
I imagine a flanking hero. Something to counter the more necessary heroes such as Mercy, because I see a lot of people complaining about Mercy but from my experience a basic flank as Reaper, Junkrat, Doomfist, Tracer, Soldier, basically anything, will shut her down. As such, I'm hoping it would be a flanker. Maybe a flanking tank hero. Or someone who can shut down abilities similar to Sombra, which could be suggested by the hack from the stream. Being able to disable enemy abilities and maybe reset cooldowns on your teammates abilities?

The need for a counter to a hero goes away if you just nerf that existing hero. In this case, nerf Mercy and then you don't need a counter to Mercy anymore.

Let's be honest, a nerf will be coming to Mercy within the next year. She has the highest pick rate in competitive and the second highest in quick play. She is too crucial to the meta right now as she stands. Because of this, Ana, Zenyatta, and Lucio are outclassed by her and are barely played competitively. As soon as Mercy gets nerfed, these other heroes will start getting higher pick rates.
01/02/2018 03:41 PMPosted by Eggcelsior
The Anchora leak had 3 seperate characters on it

No, the original leak only discussed Anchora (Orisa) and mentioned that Doomfist would be later. This was the leak that got all the other guesses right too (CNY, Mei short, etc).

A second separate leak claimed to be an extension of the first, and literally nothing it said has come true. It also threw out a ton of game-play details that the Anchora leak did not (it discussed Orisa as a character more, female omnic, quadruped, from numbani, etc).

There's no reason to believe the other leak was anything beyond someone trying to ride the first leaks coat-tails.
We've seen healing away damage, we've seen damage reflection, we've seen damage deletion, we've seen boosting damage, but we haven't seen nerfing damage.

An interesting hero would be a support that didn't heal your team but nerfed the damage of the other team.

Possibly adding another builder to the game could be interesting, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that those types of characters aren't fun to play with or against.

I'll be happy with whatever hero Blizzard releases honestly. A bigger hero pool ensures less of a meta-based season and more of a comp-based season. I.e. instead of just Beyblade or Nano Rein seasons, you have Triple tank comp, cheese comp, pirate ship comp, so on.

More possible comps = less defined meta = more balanced game.