Why are people going crazy for the price of skins?

General Discussion
01/09/2018 01:31 PMPosted by Cozy
01/09/2018 01:16 PMPosted by TheMessiah
You dont have to buy them all. No one is forcing you to buy them.
Plus, you get one free.

"People are saying $5 x 26 = $130 x 12 = $1,560."

Do you buy every single option when you go grocery shopping?
how about when you go to amazon, ebay, gamestop? Do you buy every single variation?

Idk, it just makes me mad how people respond like this.

Get the ones you really like and move on.

sheesh

Well said.

People screamed that they would LOVE it if skins could be bought with real money. When that happens people whine that $5 bucks is too much and say well make it $2 bucks but even then I am sure most of them would complain.

Ultimately it comes down to one thing and one thing only: People wanting something for nothing. They want every skin or practically pennies or nothing at all.

Its a sad state of affairs.

I swear all I hear in these forums is complaining, complaining, & complaining....
01/09/2018 01:29 PMPosted by TheMessiah
Since it's an E-sport related thing, do sports fans get mad when they see a Barcelona jersey for $90?

If Barcelona were a newly established team yet to play a single official game, yes, sports fans would have good laugh at the attempt to sell shirts so early.
Plus, you get one free.

how about when you go to amazon, ebay, gamestop? Do you buy every single variation?

sheesh

Sorry, but no. Let's add more context to your post.

People are mentioning skin prices after Blizz raised prices on new skins by 300%.

People are sick of loot boxes, and it seems so are governments.

Blizz has added no permanent content to OW. (Excluding heroes, and awful maps)

Blizz has made over $1 billion dollars in OW's first year alone, but raised prices, and can't add new permanent content.

People have every right to complain about Blizz's greed.
Time will tell if this goes well or not for Blizzard. There is no reason for arguing and calling each other names. Some people including me think that the price point of individual skins is really high. We don't ask the rest of you to either understand it or help us in any way shape or form. We are simply using our right in the forum to open discussion threads and discuss why we think they are expensive and why we feel dissapointed. The opposing posts are made by the same people that keep saying the same arguments and keep saying how they do not understand and how we should not talk about it.
Look friends if you feel we should not talk about something in the forums when you become a moderator yourself you can come and lock threads. Until then we will post how we feel with or without your permission or understanding.
Meh, skins is pretty much the only fun reason to play for in OW nowadays fo a lot of people.

Put a lot of skins behind a paywall and you got a lot of angry people.

Classic skins and seasons skins are put behind a time wall not a money wall like those skins.

The difference is pretty much simple, still, some people can't get it.
just wait they will probably do package deals like league for sets of skins for lower price
01/09/2018 01:29 PMPosted by TheMessiah
01/09/2018 01:21 PMPosted by ShadowSn1per
Have to agree with you on this one. People are overreacting hardcore.... If you don't want to spend the money, then don't buy them.... I'm sure at some point they will probably realize that they need to offer deals on whole teams or groups for a cheaper price, but for now it is what it is.

Since it's an E-sport related thing, do sports fans get mad when they see a Barcelona jersey for $90? Do they get upset when they notice its 11 x $90 just to have the starting eleven jerseys?

$5 aint much when comparing it to other sport Jerseys. If $5 is too much, what did you expect? $1 per OWL skins???

it irks me so much..... And I'm not even a sports fan nor E-sports fan.
They already have out of game jerseys though? comparing in game skins that took them less than 30 minutes to copy and paste(they put out 280+ skins in less time they put out 5-6 event skins) to real life jerseys when they already have real life OWL jerseys is idiotic. Is it really unreasonable as a consumer to want all your teams skins for each hero for a bundled price of like 40-50 dollars? I don't think so.
I mean I bought 2 for both Supporting Philly Fusion, and also because they look nice

I mean you can buy a key chain for like $7 on their store. But will people care about the key chain? No. I might but it is just a little flair to show my support.
I mean, when I play a game I try to collect everything. It doesn’t matter to me if I use it, I play games as a completionist. I can accept that I’ll never get the moving sprays, and some of the pre order (etc) exclusives, but to add over 100 skins at once that I can’t get..... it hurts......
01/09/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Foxxer544
Plus, you get one free.

sheesh

People are mentioning skin prices after Blizz raised prices on new skins by 300%.

Blizz has made over $1 billion dollars in OW's first year alone, but raised prices, and can't add new permanent content.

They have said already they plan to add permanent sprays, Poses, and skins as soon as this month. It is about that time where people have almost everything outside of events so it does make sense.
01/09/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Foxxer544
Plus, you get one free.

sheesh

Blizzard is a company. They do it for money/profit. Plus part of the purchase goes directly to the team.

All I hear from you is whining and complaining.
my only issue with them is that free skins look way better then the skins that you need 5 dollars for... i just find them really ugly
Plus, you get one free.

sheesh

Well said.

People screamed that they would LOVE it if skins could be bought with real money. When that happens people whine that $5 bucks is too much and say well make it $2 bucks but even then I am sure most of them would complain.

Ultimately it comes down to one thing and one thing only: People wanting something for nothing. They want every skin or practically pennies or nothing at all.

"People wanting something for nothing"
If I remember correctly I paid 60$ for this game, that's not nothing
I paid 60$ for a game that promised frequent updates and new content
These recolours are team skins and yes I'd like to support my favourite team but I'll probably only buy 2-3 skins for my favourite heroes which is gonna be an extra 16-24$ (NZD) for 2-3 skins on top of the 60$ i payed for the game
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Blizzard is a company. They do it for money/profit. Plus part of the purchase goes directly to the team.

All I hear from you is whining and complaining.

And all I hear coming from you is a sucking sound. I mean, really? Blizz makes a BILLION dollars in OW's first year, and your excuse is they're a company? Yeah, one that made a billion dollars. People aren't mad Blizz is making a profit. They're mad that Blizz's greed knows absolutely no bounds.

Also, how much of that $1 billion do you think actually made it to the OW team? I'd agree if I saw $1 billion in OW content, but I don't.

And to the guy who pointed out they're adding sprays, and player icons. Who bloody cares? Nobody I know wants ANY spray, or icon. They're stupid, ugly, and not too long ago were FREE as part of the forums. They're adding them to add more garbage to the loot tables, not because anyone wants them. I've got a better idea. How about not constantly making skins only for events, and stop arbitrarily locking out of event skins? That way there's actual PERMANENT content, and not 300% marked up event items.
Plus, you get one free.

sheesh

Well if someone told me that the grocery store was closing and every option will be gone with it than yeah, it preys on that completionist mindset, that loss aversion mentality. If you don't buy them they're GONE, forever. It's a really scummy way to do business, it's the same way 'limited edition' games work.
Because it reeks of an EA move. Next thing you know you'll be spending $15 to get hero 27 unlocked.

If they did sets, it'd be understandable, individual is a worrying sign. Is it to be able to provide more content or pay their pro players the 30k+ salary they contracted out?
01/09/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Hajuhn

Well said.

"People wanting something for nothing"
If I remember correctly I paid 60$ for this game, that's not nothing
I paid 60$ for a game that promised frequent updates and new content
These recolours are team skins and yes I'd like to support my favourite team but I'll probably only buy 2-3 skins for my favourite heroes which is gonna be an extra 16-24$ (NZD) for 2-3 skins on top of the 60$ i payed for the game

And you get exactly what you paid for. A full game worth 40 - 60 bucks, and that's purely for the base game. On top of that, you get a steady stream of free updates, something that was completely unheard of a couple years ago.

The problem is that they plan to update the game indefinitely, so they're going to need a constant source of income. Which means yes, they'll throw out some bones to make money off of. Doesn't change the fact that you're still lucky to be getting all the freebies that you do, and that it's just made everyone greedy for more.
01/09/2018 04:27 PMPosted by greywolf
Plus, you get one free.

sheesh

Well if someone told me that the grocery store was closing and every option will be gone with it than yeah, it preys on that completionist mindset, that loss aversion mentality. If you don't buy them they're GONE, forever. It's a really scummy way to do business, it's the same way 'limited edition' games work.

If a grocery store closes and you feel the need to buy one of literally everything before it does, then that's sorta a problem that you might want to address...
01/09/2018 01:30 PMPosted by TheMessiah
01/09/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Ca11m3Raven
T H E Y ' R E O V E R P R I C E D ! T H A T ' S W H Y ! !

Name your price then

He wants them for free. Period.

People who are whining about this won't be happy until they are literally handed everything they want.
01/09/2018 04:34 PMPosted by Slyther0829
If a grocery store closes and you feel the need to buy one of literally everything before it does, then that's sorta a problem that you might want to address...

Yes, and it's a problem that blizzard is preying on. Which is a scumbag thing to do.