Question: Will you watch a single OWL match

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
01/09/2018 03:51 PMPosted by NakWTP
Only if I'll get OWL tokens, otherwise... Nope.

So basically, "Pay me to watch your garbage teams and rigged sports", yes, this .
01/09/2018 05:35 PMPosted by NOYB
01/09/2018 05:25 PMPosted by Brycerras
Nope. Not gonna watch a single match simply because I dont want to support OWL in any capacity unless they fix balance issues and other facets of the game that are important to the regular player base.
you do realise that balance team and esports crew are completely different people? The people responsible for OWL are not game devs mostly, they wouldn't work on balance/maps/etc. If OWL wasn't a thing
no but the paycheck that goes to those people could have gone to more devs that could have worked on those things if OWL wasent a thing
If I get tokens. Dynasty Mercy looked pretty cool, so I got that. I would love to get Widow's, Pharah's and D.Va's but don't feel like shelling out $5 for each. Maybe you could link your Twitch account to your Blizzard one, and maybe every 10 min of watching would mean 1 token?

I know some people would just mute their browser and play on their phones or something with the tab still open, but I have an interest in the OWL now that Mercy is getting her nerf which will hopefully drop her pickrate (Granted, I don't think it's the right nerf, but I think that's just my bias since I main her).
01/09/2018 04:44 PMPosted by JupiteL
Knowing they'll not showing any healers perspective and very little of tanks and because healer and tanks will pretty much be the same throughout the tournament, I think I'll pass.

Watched the preseason and almost every game felt the same made me lost interest in the main season.

I'll say this, watch Seoul Dynasty if you can Jehong is the best (in the world currently) Zen/Ana the people managing the cameras knows this and they've been spectating Jehong's pov a lot more during Preseason compared to the Worldcup.
01/09/2018 03:55 PMPosted by Chess
During the pre-season matches that I saw the teams didn't necessarily seem to be taking it seriously.

Nobody wants to show off their strats in the pre-season
01/09/2018 05:45 PMPosted by UlveSmølf
01/09/2018 05:35 PMPosted by NOYB
...you do realise that balance team and esports crew are completely different people? The people responsible for OWL are not game devs mostly, they wouldn't work on balance/maps/etc. If OWL wasn't a thing
no but the paycheck that goes to those people could have gone to more devs that could have worked on those things if OWL wasent a thing

I doubt the paycheck from the main game really went into OWL they got 20mil buyout spot (do note this isn't for one season it's for as long as the team wants to be in the league for if I remember)
it's 240mil for OWL funding, ads, arenas they're planning, the crew.
ofc no
Yeah, I'll watch it. (if I don't forget)
01/09/2018 03:50 PMPosted by SnowManMan11
Because I have a feeling that less than 5% of the community gives a damn about anything OWl related besides the skins

Nope.
if i can get skins from it i will but if not most likely not, i am only a gold player so there isnt much i can learn from them since they are too far up from me and id get bored truthfully
Yeah, its fun to watch IMO and I love seeing the strategies that teams, especially the LA Valiant, come up with.
Absolutely no interest, wouldn't even watch the matches for free tokens. I'm not even using the free tokens they did give us since I don't care in the slightest about any of the players/teams and every character has better legendary skins than the recolored base ones.
Definitely! Can't wait for OWL to start.
I will watch all of my favorite team games yes. But if they give rewards for watching games in general. Then I’ll try my best to watch all of them.
If Im not doing something and there isn't a lot of downtime or fluff I might.

I'm not an esports person though. I do like watching streams but thats because streams are nonstop gameplay and the streamers I watch are not obnoxious.

So... yeah, gotta do a trial run with them

I do wish Washington State had a team, that'd be kinda fun.
I'll watch when I can between work and college. I hope it does well, because if it does the health of the game will increase hopefully.

I get why people don't like it but idk, try not to sh*t on it for everyone else.
I'll take a look at the debut and see how it works. If it's entertaining and insightful or shows promise, I'll stick with it. If it's not, then Blizzard and Twitch are gonna have to bribe me with the in-game rewards.

Also, I'm expecting Alabama v. Georgia levels of excitement for the first match!
I'm gonna watch mainly to keep an eye on Dallas and Seoul. I like these two teams, I like how they don't just revolve around one star dps player who is capable of carrying even at such high level. I'm curious if Dallas are gonna attempt to run a crazy strat. And I'll probably drool over Seoul like it usually happens.

I generally like watching other people play, so we'll see how it goes. Maybe the league overall turns out to be really good, who knows.
maybe if I get OWL tokens or if I feel bored and don't feel like playing overwatch lol. Overwatch is just not fun to watch unless the players are doing interesting or fun strategies. I doubt we'll see much if any of that in OWL games. I would watch for sure if they did something interesting like pro mystery heros or something crazy like that lol. I doubt anything interesting like that would happen ever though.
maybe if I get OWL tokens or if I feel bored and don't feel like playing overwatch lol. Overwatch is just not fun to watch unless you are doing interesting or fun strategies. I doubt we'll see much if any of that in OWL games.

In the OWL Preseason and Worldcup we've seen some really funny strats and team comps instead of dive(for anyone still saying it's only dive this is the most diverse meta we've seen since triple tank.)