we've got a new Support, what's next?

General Discussion
maybe we need a new defense hero that actually does.. I know know? defense? it's like the only defense heroes that are truly dedicated to defense are Torbjorn and Mei.

we had those rumors on this trapper hero, and so far only Mei and Junkrat do those- and even though Mei is about blocking lanes and Junkrat's trap is just a bonus for what is a considerably more offensive hero in nature. I think about EMP traps, the ability to break shields like Sombra's ult, something more electronic with a hint of Intel. Hanzo and Widowmaker are the only heroes to provide Intel and they both also happen to be very niche high risk/reward heroes, maybe a hero that is more grounded and mechanically less demanding that can provide good intel can be a good altenative.

other than that, I think we could use a new tank, tanks really low key set what "meta" or the comp a team is going to be. all tanks in a way are anchor tanks, even the dive ones since they anchor the rest of the team on their initiation in engagements. I really am out of ideas on what tank we could have, at least visually we could use another hero that isn't human or an Omnic, maybe a sentient cyborg mutant dinosaur... because... why not? or a giant incectoid alien... yeah I guess I'm reaching too much toward 1950s b movie re runs.

I don't know.... what do you think we need next?
I want the next hero to be a support too.

Then there will be six.
I'd like a "bodyguard tank" that you can play like a support. Dva used to fit the bill, but after her rework she's more of an offense hero with a huge hitbox.
I would love some sort of hybrid tank/support.
Well, I think we need a dedicated support to compete with Mercy to get rid of this toxicity that surrounds her pick-rate. No other healer consistantly heals as well as Mercy and maybe it would be nice to have one that did. So, a hero that focuses everything on healing rather than on damage etc. (like Ana, Lucio, Moira, Zenyata)
Tank or bust.
So far we’ve gotten:

Healer > DPS > Tank > DPS > Healer

Judging by their pattern, it’ll be another DPS (and yes, DPS includes defense heroes, so don’t instantly flame me for saying we’ll get another offense hero, even if they’re literally designed to be better).
Tank please.
12/16/2017 09:06 AMPosted by Slyther0829
So far we’ve gotten:

Healer > DPS > Tank > DPS > Healer

Judging by their pattern, it’ll be another DPS (and yes, DPS includes defense heroes, so don’t instantly flame me for saying we’ll get another offense hero, even if they’re literally designed to be better).

For the sake of my sanity, I hope not. This game is already bloated with DPS, it doesn't need any more until the DPS/tank/healer ratio is evened out.

....since there are more dps than tanks and healers combined, that'll take years.
A tank support hybrid would be nice since we could always use more tanks and supports compared to the ever growing DPS roster.

However in all fairness someone mentioned we never got a new defence hero before? So that should be something.
Tank, I hope it will be a tank, preferably Soundquake
defense. We haven't had one since the game came out.
I would like to see another tank or support added into the game. We already have enough dps characters
12/16/2017 08:56 AMPosted by Zechs
I would love some sort of hybrid tank/support.

That's what I thought aswell, a tank/healer hybrid (that could obviously only heal others, not himself/herself) would fill the gap when there's only 1 tank and 1 healer

Zarya's already kinda self-healing herself (shields), but no current tank can both shield and heal others
Yeah!..

I said six support heros and peeps upvoted me!