Players who are stuck in gold and silver.

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Season 6 I ended at 2900 SR. Season 7 I placed at around 2000 SR, due to throwers and leavers in 4 placements. I dropped down to 1800 with a group. I decided to solo q and end last Season platinum. I began this Season 2661. I think that is where I belong. I have played this game from the beginning and this is as good as I am going to get. I can always climb back to platinum. Actually, last Season I climbed up with Zen. It was super easy. You just have to pick a hero that can really change the game and be good with that hero. This means pick a hero that fulfills two roles and you have to get gold in those roles or close to. I was often gold eliminations, a medal in damage, back and forth gold healing, obj kills and time.
Find a hero that works for you and dominate that field.
01/03/2018 12:31 AMPosted by PureRogue
01/03/2018 12:23 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
Performance based ratings are still there for platinum and below. For a diamond level player to be stuck in silver is unhead of, you should have no problems climbing if you are as good as you think you are.

Try to get medals when your team is stomped

01/03/2018 12:23 AMPosted by ReXaGOn
Performance based ratings are still there for platinum and below. For a diamond level player to be stuck in silver is unhead of, you should have no problems climbing if you are as good as you think you are.

Talking about medals, when your team gets stomped and people are refusing to change it up because they have gold medals. It pisses me off because someone is going to have gold medals and just because you have golds does not mean your doing your job.

I have a buddy I play with on my alt account in diamond. He made a new account to do a bronze to diamond video but is stuck in low gold and cant climb. Just like my account. Im stuck in gold/plat but my other account is mid diamond.
01/02/2018 10:35 PMPosted by ThickMeat
Players who are stuck in gold and silver. Players get stuck in gold silver and we are matched with people who are very good its just their teammates leave or throw games because they just do not care at all about there ranks. I have been playing this game since beta and i consider myself very good at the game; Maybe not top 500 but at least 2600-3000 and i have been stuck in gold and silver for 8 seasons now and i find it kind of dumb how i have to buy a separate copy just to actually have fun and play with people who actually care about their ranks and who are good. I am starting to hate OW because of this whole reason. I am not saying put a reset button, but at least match us with players who don't leave and who don't throw because someone took their solider 76, I want to love this game again its just i hate the fact that i am stuck with all these people who just don't care at all.

Keep in mind the enemy team has the exact same odds of getting a thrower or a troll as you.
I'm in Silver because I suck. I'd climb if I put in the effort to learn game awareness and improve my mechanical skills, which I want to, but don't have the time or energy for at the moment. I didn't belong in Bronze so I climbed to high Silver which is where I belong for now.

Rank isn't broken. You're where you need to be. Yes, there are leavers. Yes, there are throwers, but you get those at every rank and guess what? The enemy team gets them too. Just own up to the gaps in your skill, work in improving and you'll climb.
Players who are stuck in gold and silver. Players get stuck in gold silver and we are matched with people who are very good its just their teammates leave or throw games because they just do not care at all about there ranks. I have been playing this game since beta and i consider myself very good at the game; Maybe not top 500 but at least 2600-3000 and i have been stuck in gold and silver for 8 seasons now and i find it kind of dumb how i have to buy a separate copy just to actually have fun and play with people who actually care about their ranks and who are good. I am starting to hate OW because of this whole reason. I am not saying put a reset button, but at least match us with players who don't leave and who don't throw because someone took their solider 76, I want to love this game again its just i hate the fact that i am stuck with all these people who just don't care at all.

Keep in mind the enemy team has the exact same odds of getting a thrower or a troll as you.[/quote]

People keep saying that but with what ive experienced the past seasons I doubt it. 90% of the time the leaver is on the my team. Most of the time, the thrower if there is one is on my team. Here is a link to my earlier post in this topic. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760857473?page=2#post-32
I used to think that i was stuck because of other players then i realised my positionning sucked, my decision making was bad, my target priority was bad, i worked on that and climbed 900 SR in 2 weeks
I have noticed that in lower ranks from watching a friend of mine play that people are less interested in playing as a team. This means cheese comps are nearly unbeatable. Cheese comps are easier to do without really needed too much coordination. If you are gold and on attack first then run into cheese comp then your team is normally doomed. This leads to your team no longer caring about their defense turn which then leads to a loss. The defense team started with cheese comp to full hold you at point A and now need less work to win the game with higher morale than yours to defend. I say that in gold you are lucky to get 1 healer and 1 tank. That healer and tank are normally roadhog with a zen/mercy/lucio. One of the three.
01/03/2018 08:58 AMPosted by TheRugester

People keep saying that but with what ive experienced the past seasons I doubt it. 90% of the time the leaver is on the my team. Most of the time, the thrower if there is one is on my team.

That is purely down to cognitive bias. Play enough games and the number of throwers or leavers you play with and against will even out, but it will always seem like you get more on your team due to the fact that those losses outside your control register more that the equivalent wins do. To borrow a quote from the movie Rounders: "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." As in cards, so in Overwatch.

Keep in mind the enemy team has the exact same odds of getting a thrower or a troll as you.

"People keep saying that but with what ive experienced the past seasons I doubt it. 90% of the time the leaver is on the my team. Most of the time, the thrower if there is one is on my team. Here is a link to my earlier post in this topic. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760857473?page=2#post-32[/quote]

Just keeping playing that lower account and eventually the odds will even out. You had troll Symetras for a few games but again, bad luck. Play enough games those players will also show up on the opposing team and your team will win. Unless you really think Blizz has some agenda against you specifically and they have you on some secret list that they purposely put you with known throwers and trolls every game. I really do not think that is the case. Again, the other team has the same possibility of having trolls and leavers. Play enough games it evens out. I have a ridiculous amout of hours on Mercy and have a 55 percent win rate. That to me feels like the matchmaking is doing it's thing correctly.
01/03/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Simian1975

People keep saying that but with what ive experienced the past seasons I doubt it. 90% of the time the leaver is on the my team. Most of the time, the thrower if there is one is on my team.

That is purely down to cognitive bias. Play enough games and the number of throwers or leavers you play with and against will even out, but it will always seem like you get more on your team due to the fact that those losses outside your control register more that the equivalent wins do. To borrow a quote from the movie Rounders: "Few players recall big pots they have won, strange as it seems, but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career." As in cards, so in Overwatch.

Played 5 games yesterday, 3 of them had leavers and were all on my team and never came back. Day before had 4 leavers on my team, none on the enemies. When I did my placements, I had 5 leavers on my team in 5 games out of the 10 placements. So far this season I have not seen one on the enemy team. And this season I have been actually keeping track by marking it down on my notebook I keep so at the end of the season I can prove to you all that its not 50/50 chance.

Also keeping track of the throwers and people who keep going 1 v 6, dying and feeding.
01/03/2018 09:20 AMPosted by TheRugester
And this season I have been actually keeping track by marking it down on my notebook I keep so at the end of the season I can prove to you all that its not 50/50 chance.

What is the alternative? That it's all just some massive conspiracy to keep your SR down? Pretty high opinion of yourself you have there.
Should be a separate que for the toxic or rage quitters. They all belong together
01/03/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Simian1975
And this season I have been actually keeping track by marking it down on my notebook I keep so at the end of the season I can prove to you all that its not 50/50 chance.

What is the alternative? That it's all just some massive conspiracy to keep your SR down? Pretty high opinion of yourself you have there.

And thats why my alt account is mid diamond for the last 3 seasons but this one i can climb out of gold/plat. If you read my first post in this topic, i had 9 games in a row with leavers on my team in season 6 and now thats not including all the other leavers. And season 7 I had 11 games in a row with leavers which doesn't include all the other leavers. Would all those games been won, prob not, but still those games there are a instant 200+ sr loss in both seasons.
01/03/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Simian1975

Played 5 games yesterday, 3 of them had leavers and were all on my team and never came back. Day before had 4 leavers on my team, none on the enemies. When I did my placements, I had 5 leavers on my team in 5 games out of the 10 placements. So far this season I have not seen one on the enemy team. And this season I have been actually keeping track by marking it down on my notebook I keep so at the end of the season I can prove to you all that its not 50/50 chance.

Also keeping track of the throwers and people who keep going 1 v 6, dying and feeding.

I don't know what to tell you. You either are not recalling correctly, are lying, have terrible luck, or there is a conspiracy against you. Keep playing and eventually the odds will shift. Also do not queue up for comp immediately after a loss. Wait several minutes so you won't get those terrible teammates again. Also, just because someone is playing off meta, it doesn't mean they are throwing.
01/03/2018 12:20 AMPosted by PureRogue
01/03/2018 12:13 AMPosted by Slyther0829
The odds of a leaver being on your team is just as bad as the odds of a leaver being on the other team (technically less since your team has 5 spots open assuming you're not the leaver). It's a 50/50 split, so games influenced by leavers/throwers/smurfs/hackers/thatoneidiotwhocosthisteamthematch will all level each other out. You'll win because of throwers just as often as you'll lose to them, so the only consistent factor is you and your performance.

I promise you, if you deserve to climb out of a rank, you will do so.

Actually you quite often get put with the same players you were playing before , so that false statement, also odds do not mean !@#$ , odds to win lottery is one to million but people still do it. .

First off that can easily be avoided if you just wait a second. Secondly the fact still stands that they are not guaranteed to be on your team. You can have a thrower on your team one game then the next that thrower's on the enemy side.

And when I talk about odds, I'm not talking about anything like the lottery where you hope it'll happen.

I'm saying that everytime there's a thrower, it's a coin toss as to which team they're on. You'll get the thrower 10 times, the enemy will get a thrower 10 times. Thus the games you lost because of a thrower will be negated by the ones you won because of a thrower. On top of that, because of performance based SR, if you do well in those games with throwers, you'll still gain more SR than you lose, so you'll climb anyways. It all hinges on you not actually sucking.

Then again, you're probably the type of person who never gets throwers on the enemy team, surely every single win on your behalf is because you outplayed your opponent and not because they were at a significant disadvantage. But every loss you get is conveniently because of a thrower or a leaver or some other reason that happens to have nothing to do with you.
01/03/2018 09:49 AMPosted by TheRugester
01/03/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Simian1975

And thats why my alt account is mid diamond for the last 3 seasons but this one i can climb out of gold/plat. If you read my first post in this topic, i had 9 games in a row with leavers on my team in season 6 and now thats not including all the other leavers. And season 7 I had 11 games in a row with leavers which doesn't include all the other leavers. Would all those games been won, prob not, but still those games there are a instant 200+ sr loss in both seasons.

And the enemy team never once had a leaver I'm assuming? The universe just happens to be out to get you and only you?

Isn't that convenient.
These odd guys are funny , they are talking as if it would be some universal law that if odds are 50/50 that means you will have 50/50 and everyone is getting exact amout of leavers and simply bad players.
I think the leaver issue is a real thing. A leaver or thrower must have a lower MMR than a great player. If a game is supposed to be 50/50 and MMR is individual then a person with high MMR will be placed with lower MMR players to create balance among the team. Some of those lower MMR players (depending on the MMR of the high skill player) will be throwers as they tend to have low MMR.

Thrower: 10 MMR.
Players 1-4: 20 MMR.
You: 30 MMR.

So, you have a 5 v 6 and the other team is more likely to be balanced in MMR just due to the fact that good players are rare and great players tend to be either hardcore players or one tricks of high skill. Also, as flexing is really in right now, flexes probably even out the teams quite a bit, so you'll face an even team with a thrower on yours in a 5 v 6 in a game that is obscenely team based. GG.

It's probably not your imagination. Just flex more for a few weeks and things will even out. This is the whole basis of why playing lots of characters okay over one really well is good advice imo. Or buy a new account and leap frog out of your rank (you'll fall only if you really don't belong at a higher rank).
Ive been stuck in gold too.

Why have i been stuck in gold? ...i dont play comp enough

Why dont i play comp enough?

Because as soon as i start playing within the first 5 matches theres a leaver or a thrower and i have done nothing but waste my time losing SR and just gaining it back to lose it and then gain it again.

I would play more comp and rank up but i just cant sit there for hours and hours dealing with this crap. Ranking up isnt bad but dealing with all the BS that comes with it ...MY LAWD
I play at good gold level but I'm stuck at silver right now. It is possibly in part to me not playing as often anymore, but I'm not a bad player, according to other players. I end up going in and doing fairly well, but as soon as we lose one round of CP people will leave. That's when it becomes harder. Yeah, I've won with one man down, but when there are only two players left on your team-- which has happened to me before-- then I get stuck. I keep going back and forth between 1900 something and 1990, because literally every other game there's either somebody who leaves or somebody who is literally not doing anything useful. I've been in a few games where people were kicked for inactivity, which isn't leaving, but it still sucks.