Ultimate cancel by EMP

General Discussion
Correct me if im wrong but Hog's ultimate is canceled if hes EMP-d.

Genji not.

Why?
Different types of ults
This video might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JIZ_sT65mM
Just hacking too hey, not necessarily EMP.
Because it's a transformation for Genji and Soldier, which hardly makes sense for Soldier, call it transformation if you want, he's still using an electronic device for his ult, so it should be hackable, but they developed it as a transformation so it's not.
I believe it's because Genji's ult is one ult type while Roadhog's is another. I'm not sure what all the ult type names are....
01/03/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Safryz
Different types of ults

This but I will go in more detail. Roadhog ult is not a transformed ult despite the timer bar you see. I believe the bar is there because there is next to no way to know when he is about to finish whole hogging.

Transformation ults are not cancelled by stuns or hacks for a simple reason. They would be very easy to stop. The start up for some of them (genji excluded) leave them vulnerable to be easily stunned, hooked, or hacked as long as the player in question knew their location. I excluded genji because he can manipulate where he is going to be with a swift strike into the air then ult followed with a swift strike down. I still believe this should go to bring him in line with other transform ults.

The other ults like dead eye, death blossom, barrage, and etc are cancelled quickly because they get their impact faster IMO. Roadhog can pulled an ejecto seato cuz if he positioned right. A death blossom you didn't see coming has very few counters outside of stunning him. The same goes with barrage except its easier to kill pharah as opposed to reaper. Hope this explanation helps you out. I don't want to see another genji ult hunt thread with little understanding on how the ults in the game actually work.
I really dont think hogs should be cancelable. Same with McCrees. They use no tech to use there ults but can be stopped. Then you have genji, 76, and bastion who all use some sort of tech but theirs cant be canceled which is BS imo.
Because in Blizzard logic, EMP can not stop transformation ultimate.

Which I think EMP and Hack should be more unique than regular stuns since Hack nor EMP deals damage.
01/03/2018 08:52 AMPosted by TheRugester
I really dont think hogs should be cancelable. Same with McCrees. They use no tech to use there ults but can be stopped. Then you have genji, 76, and bastion who all use some sort of tech but theirs cant be canceled which is BS imo.

Please don't bring realism into a game with a talking gorilla with a jump jet. Game mechanics should never try to implore real world sense to everything. I also find it funny that you only attacked the transformed ults when there are plenty of cases of tech still working during a hack that are not ults. Pharah hovering, hanzo scatter arrow, widows ult, Mercy in valk (her wings are still working), Lucio's aura (He can't swap them but they are still on). I could go on but your bias is already exposed enough.
01/03/2018 08:56 AMPosted by BraveHearted
01/03/2018 08:52 AMPosted by TheRugester

Please don't bring realism into a game with a talking gorilla with a jump jet. Game mechanics should never try to implore real world sense to everything. I also find it funny that you only attacked the transformed ults when there are plenty of cases of tech still working during a hack that are not ults. Pharah hovering, hanzo scatter arrow, widows ult, Mercy in valk (her wings are still working), Lucio's aura (He can't swap them but they are still on). I could go on but your bias is already exposed enough.

So I guess OW is a world where non tech is hackable and tech isnt...good points there pal...good points...try again.
01/03/2018 09:08 AMPosted by TheRugester
01/03/2018 08:56 AMPosted by BraveHearted

So I guess OW is a world where non tech is hackable and tech isnt...good points there pal...good points...try again.

My point is look at the game mechanics without bringing real world logic in to them. What you are asking for is sombras hack/emp to only be technology focused. That means no hacking sprint or heal on soldier 76. He just drops the healing pad so hacking him won't turn it off. McCree would be an unhackable target because nothing he does is tech related. Zenyatta is an omnic but his abilities are spiritual. You asking for consistency on hack actually creates an inconsistency across the board. I can go on with a few more as well.

-Roadhog can still hook, heal, and whole hog.
-Junkrat can still mine and trap
-Mei can still ult because hacking her wouldn't shut off her robot
-Reaper is not tech but genetic manipulation so he can do all his skills

You see how it gets weird but im sure you only wanted specific tech to be the things she hacked. If her hacked stopped every single ult in game across the board then you wouldn't complain about her hacking things that have absolutely nothing to do with technology.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My point is look at the game mechanics without bringing real world logic in to them. What you are asking for is sombras hack/emp to only be technology focused. That means no hacking sprint or heal on soldier 76. He just drops the healing pad so hacking him won't turn it off. McCree would be an unhackable target because nothing he does is tech related. Zenyatta is an omnic but his abilities are spiritual. You asking for consistency on hack actually creates an inconsistency across the board. I can go on with a few more as well.

You see how it gets weird but im sure you only wanted specific tech to be the things she hacked. If her hacked stopped every single ult in game across the board then you wouldn't complain about her hacking things that have absolutely nothing to do with technology.

I made a post a while back about sombra and hacking. Had a good 50+ up votes talking about who should and shouldn't be hacked. In this post, im not going to go and retype everything [removed for toxicity].

And last season I was a sombra main partially so your logic is flawed.
---------------------------
We welcome constructive feedback on the forums, but we ask that you avoid the kind of negativity displayed here. Toxicity in all forms will result in a suspension of forum posting privileges.
"Channeled" ultimates: Pharah, Reaper, Roadhog, etc.

These ultimates limit your control over your character. You either can't move at all, or can only move very slowly. You also cannot use any other abilities while the ult is active. As a tradeoff, these ultimates generally do significantly more overall DPS. They can be completely cancelled from hook, stun, or hack.

"Transformation" ultimates: Genji, Bastion, Soldier, etc.

These ultimates last for a limited time but allow you to have complete control over your character, with them in an enhanced state. You can use your other abilities as well as move freely around the map. These ults don't do as much overall DPS, but are much harder to shut down. Hook, stun, and hack do effect these ults, but it does not completely cancel the ultimate.

Hopefully I cleared this up. Just think which ones give you complete control over your hero, and which ones don't.
01/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by SasukeSan

These ultimates limit your control over your character. You either can't move at all, or can only move very slowly. You also cannot use any other abilities while the ult is active. As a tradeoff, these ultimates generally do significantly more overall DPS. They can be completely cancelled from hook, stun, or hack.

These ultimates last for a limited time but allow you to have complete control over your character, with them in an enhanced state. You can use your other abilities as well as move freely around the map. These ults don't do as much overall DPS, but are much harder to shut down. Hook, stun, and hack do effect these ults, but it does not completely cancel the ultimate.

Hopefully I cleared this up. Just think which ones give you complete control over your hero, and which ones don't.

The transformation ult do just as much damage as non transform ults as they all can wipe a team. lmao
Hey man, you forgot Bastion, Soldier, Zenyatta and a few others! Don't just throw it on Genji.
Funny thing is, Genjis ult use to be a cast, so it would be cancelled by emp. But they changed it to transformation awhile back. There’s a love fo Genji on the backend of it all.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I made a post a while back about sombra and hacking. Had a good 50+ up votes talking about who should and shouldn't be hacked. In this post, im not going to go and retype everything out [removed for toxicity].

And last season I was a sombra main partially so your logic is flawed.

I am stupid yet you expect me to believe that you are correct because you "made a post" that got 50 upvotes and you were a sombra main a season ago. You are using flawed logic to call me out.

You're the one who seems to be ignoring my entire point. You want hack to be more effective on some heroes which in turn will cause it to be more ineffective against others. That doesn't fix her problem. What you should petition for is hack to affect all abilities and ultimates equally. A better change would be to allow emp hacks to stop all ults including transformation.

Who am I to talk though. You're the one who put some time into sombra with a 50 upvoted post rotting somewhere in this general discussion forum. You are clearly the expert here. XD.
----------------
Edited quote to remove toxic language.
01/03/2018 09:47 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
Funny thing is, Genjis ult use to be a cast, so it would be cancelled by emp. But they changed it to transformation awhile back. There’s a love fo Genji on the backend of it all.

false, it was always a transformation. stop trying to start a[n argument] from wrong information.
-----------------
Edited by moderator for language. Please adhere to the code of conduct when posting.
01/03/2018 09:47 AMPosted by DrgHybrid

Genji ult was a cast ult but emp never made him put his dragonblade away. If he was stunned during the cast time then he wouldn't have blade. If he finished the cast then nothing is making him put it away besides death. 300+ hours of purely genji so I would know. I do believe if he gets stunned during cast time then he shouldn't have it. If he does finish the cast then all bets are off as far as im concerned.

Statement for genji when his ult was changed. It was suppose to be a transformation from the beginning but oversights exist.

Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.
01/03/2018 09:42 AMPosted by TheRugester
01/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by SasukeSan

The transformation ult do just as much damage as non transform ults as they all can wipe a team. lmao

Theoretically, hog/phara can do more damage with their ults. Realistically, the transformation ults tend to end up doing way more damage/impact. I mean, go figure, the genji main defending his ult right? :p