Ultimate cancel by EMP

General Discussion
01/03/2018 09:49 AMPosted by derision
01/03/2018 09:47 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
Funny thing is, Genjis ult use to be a cast, so it would be cancelled by emp. But they changed it to transformation awhile back. There’s a love fo Genji on the backend of it all.

false, it was always a transformation. stop trying to start a[n argument] from wrong information.

False, it was not. Perhaps do your research [removed]. Use to be a channeled ult and was changed to transformation.
------------------
We welcome constructive feedback on the forums, but we ask that you avoid the kind of negativity displayed here. Toxicity in all forms will result in a temporary suspension of forum posting privileges.
01/03/2018 09:52 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
<span class="truncated">...</span>
false, it was always a transformation. stop trying to start a[n argument] from wrong information.

False, it was not. Perhaps do your research [removed]. Use to be a channeled ult and was changed to transformation.

Genji being able to swing while he is pulling out his sword is a bug, though stuns not canceling his ult is an intended change. We did a consistency pass on a number of ults and in some cases changed some outliers so they work like other similar ults. For example, it has always been the case that if you stunned Soldier: 76, Winston, or Bastion right after they ult (while they are animating), it does not cancel their ult. This change makes Genji's ult work like other 'transformation' ults in this regard now.

We'll have some more details when the patch notes get updated for the patch that is currently on the PTR.

He was intended to be a transformation from the beginning but left as a cast time because whatever reason. I just find it funny that people say blizzard favors genji yet Tracer dominates their Esports scene way more than he does with way more spectating time. Watch some OWL matches and see how often you are following around a tracer.
-------------------
Quotes edited by moderator to remove toxic comments.
01/03/2018 09:47 AMPosted by BraveHearted

I made a post a while back about sombra and hacking. Had a good 50+ up votes talking about who should and shouldn't be hacked. In this post, im not going to go and retype everything out to satisfy your stupidity.

And last season I was a sombra main partially so your logic is flawed.

I am stupid yet you expect me to believe that you are correct because you "made a post" that got 50 upvotes and you were a sombra main a season ago. You are using flawed logic to call me out.

You're the one who seems to be ignoring my entire point. You want hack to be more effective on some heroes which in turn will cause it to be more ineffective against others. That doesn't fix her problem. What you should petition for is hack to affect all abilities and ultimates equally. A better change would be to allow emp hacks to stop all ults including transformation.

Who am I to talk though. You're the one who put some time into sombra with a 50 upvoted post rotting somewhere in this general discussion forum. You are clearly the expert here. XD.

OK and I said hack/emp shouldn't been effective against everything. You have hack/emp being effective against some stuff and not effective against other stuff which makes no sense. Tell me how hacking/emp makes sense to make McCree unable to roll. McCree ults using his great aim can be canceled by a hack which makes no sense. If he gets flash banged, sure it gets canceled. Tell me how hacking a ulting roadhog makes sense considering he is turning a mechanical wheel on his gun. Tell me how hacking a hog healing him self by drinking a potion or breathing in gas is hackable. Is he putting in some password we dont see to pop it open? No lol. Then you have 76 who ults using technology but cant be stopped with a hack or emp. Heck Ive seen videos of top 500 sombras saying hacking a mccree should not stop his ult and how its bs that you cant stop 76's.
01/03/2018 09:47 AMPosted by DrgHybrid
Funny thing is, Genjis ult use to be a cast, so it would be cancelled by emp. But they changed it to transformation awhile back. There’s a love fo Genji on the backend of it all.

This^^^

Many people do not realize that blizzard did indeed change his ULT type... before Genji Ult used to be Cast-Time. But many people still think that Genji's ult was transformation.

FEELSBADMAN
I'm not happy about it but here's the system. Genji is a transformation and Hog is a channel:

There are three types of ultimate abilities: Transformation, Channeled, and Cast-time.

Transformation ultimates give the hero passive upgrades while allowing them to use their regular abilities without restriction, after forcing the hero to go through a brief transformation animation. An exception is Configuration: Tank, which disables Reconfigure due to the nature of the ability.

Channeled ultimates force the hero to enter a new state where their ability is channeled for the duration, restricting their other abilities. Channeled ultimates can be interrupted through most forms of crowd control, with the exception of Transcendence due to its invulnerability.

Cast-time ultimates require a small widow of time to pass before their effect is activated. During this window, if the user is interrupted through crowd control or other means, the ultimate will not take effect and is expended.
01/03/2018 09:42 AMPosted by TheRugester
01/03/2018 09:33 AMPosted by SasukeSan
"Channeled" ultimates: Pharah, Reaper, Roadhog, etc.

These ultimates limit your control over your character. You either can't move at all, or can only move very slowly. You also cannot use any other abilities while the ult is active. As a tradeoff, these ultimates generally do significantly more overall DPS. They can be completely cancelled from hook, stun, or hack.

"Transformation" ultimates: Genji, Bastion, Soldier, etc.

These ultimates last for a limited time but allow you to have complete control over your character, with them in an enhanced state. You can use your other abilities as well as move freely around the map. These ults don't do as much overall DPS, but are much harder to shut down. Hook, stun, and hack do effect these ults, but it does not completely cancel the ultimate.

Hopefully I cleared this up. Just think which ones give you complete control over your hero, and which ones don't.

The transformation ult do just as much damage as non transform ults as they all can wipe a team. lmao

I said overall DPS. Ultimates like Barrage or Whole hog do significantly more damage (if at optimal range) over the course of the ultimate than tactical visor and dragonblade. Sure they can all wipe teams, but that doesn't really have anything to do with what I said.