I am begging you blizzard, please listen to me

General Discussion
So, here's my story. I started playing overwatch a year back, not that much, maybe just an hour a day or two so I have not got that much level. I have been with the game since it's launch, first on ps4 and later on PC. I have been with the entire game, with all of it's heights and downs, and now I just can't take it anymore. I can't deal with this toxic as- hell community, and sure, I have ofc been toxic a couple of times ( hell, who's not been?) but I see myself as a nice person with a little dark humor perhaps. I never pick on someone, the few times I have been toxic is reacting to another player badmouthing and talking trash about me or my friend. I have been through this game all the way, and now i'm going to do something against it. I think I would be a great moderator, hell, I would not want payment, I would just check on reports one or two hours a day just to make this cummunity less toxic. Now, I know that you reading this is just thinking "oh He's just going to troll" or "How can he be given the power of the banhammer?". I just want to make this community less toxic Blizzard? Is it too much to ask just wanting to help people? Maybe sending them a message notifying them that their report has been followed up? I just want to make somebodys day, giving them the security knowing that somebody took action against this toxic person?

/ A long-term player that just wants get rid of toxicity in my favorite game.

Please blizzard. Please.
Back in my old community manager days we had a rule -- if you ever asked to be a moderator you were immediately disqualified from consideration. I suspect that may be in practice here as well.
By counting the number of posts you have made recently.......I say no.
I just got on these forums and first now realized that it wasn't just me that had these problems. Everyone have it.
stop looking for attention
01/11/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Thrillho
Back in my old community manager days we had a rule -- if you ever asked to be a moderator you were immediately disqualified from consideration. I suspect that may be in practice here as well.

So how did one become a moderator then?
01/11/2018 09:32 AMPosted by defender465

I'm not looking for attention, I just simply wants to make my favorite game better and with less toxicity so more peeps wants to play the game and not give up after being assaulted by a hanzo main when they get to lvl 25
01/11/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Tuwiki
01/11/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Thrillho

So how did one become a moderator then?

I've moderated several forums in the past, I was picked based on post quality alone and only applied when they advertised applications.

The one I moderate now is because of my previous experience and record.

If you sincerely want to be part of a particular team you really have to prove your worth (that goes for any job really) In this instance you really should be proving you are an active member of the community by posting more frequently. Though be aware that means you cannot make rage nerf/buff/delete/ posts.
Game master positions are actual paid positions at Blizzard, and for security reasons theres no way they would allow random people to enforce rules on their behalf.
01/11/2018 09:39 AMPosted by ShadowSlicer
01/11/2018 09:32 AMPosted by defender465

I'm not looking for attention, I just simply wants to make my favorite game better and with less toxicity so more peeps wants to play the game and not give up after being assaulted by a hanzo main when they get to lvl 25

Wanting to be a Moderator sounds like retaliation to me. I doubt Blizzard would that to happen.
Some random guy that has not played in a year that has no relationship to blizzard asks to be moderator. You have no chance in hell at being a mod, and begging is not going to help. Even if you DID have a chance, then you would have to have a minimum of 1k posts(I assume) and have some sort of relationship with blizzard. In the places I personally am moderator, these conditions have been met.

1. I have some relationship with the owner of the forum
2. I am active very frequently on the froum

You have either of these going for you so again, there is no way.
Blizzard hires paid employees to moderate and enforce Code of Conduct for both the games and the forums. As always look for available positions at http://careers.blizzard.com, though I do not believe any are available at this time.