symmetra and owl. A 0 pick rate is not a bad thing

General Discussion
Here are afew of the complaints I see about her and how I would address them.
1. Symmetra has a zero percent pick rate at the pro level that must be bad right? Not really. Symmetra is a hero who helps people who are new to the game get familiar with it and she's also really good for people who can't aim and if you don't have good aim your not going to be put on a owl team. Overwatch is a shooter and in order to be good at a shooter you need decent aim.
2. People picked Winston but not Symmetra she needs a buff.- Winston can do damage to multiple targets, he has a larger health pool, better movement and the bubble is more effective than Symmetra's barrier.
3. This means she needs a buff. - Other than completely changing her kit in my opinion there really isn't anything that blizzard can do. The only thing that could possibly work is slightly increasing the damage that her beam does and increasing the number of people that can go through the teleporter.
Final thoughts- I really think people are blowing Symmetra's pick rate in owl way out of proportion. Not every hero is going to work that well when your dealing with the top 1% of players and there should always be a hero in the game that is good for people who can't aim or for people who are just starting out in the game.
I'll embrace the downvotes!!!
You don't know !@#$ about Symmetra. You just want to talk down to Sym players because you assume Genji and McCree are the absolute pinnacle of the game, and that folks should stop logging hours as Sym the MOMENT their player-border changes colors.

Sym is a hero to teach new players how to play the game, sure. It is not for new players themselves to pick to compensate for lack of value as they develop aiming skillz on other heroes.
Sym is a hero for experienced players to pick when put on teams with new players, so that the new players can get aquainted with more subtle, novel concepts such as "peeling" "grouping up" and "advantageous ground control".

The reason Sym is not at pro levels is because those parts of her kit are absolutely redundant to folks who practice teamwork and coordination for hours on-end on a regular basis. Concepts mind you, are still very much lacking in players that get 300+ hours that cant manage to surpass platinum rank despite already having god-tier aim.
01/11/2018 01:19 PMPosted by CasualCathar
You don't know !@#$ about Symmetra. You just want to talk down to Sym players because you assume Genji and McCree are the absolute pinnacle of the game, and that folks should stop logging hours as Sym the MOMENT their player-border changes colors.

Sym is a hero to teach new players how to play the game, sure. It is not for new players themselves to pick to compensate for lack of value as they develop aiming skillz on other heroes.
Sym is a hero for experienced players to pick when put on teams with new players, so that the new players can get aquainted with more subtle, novel concepts such as "peeling" "grouping up" and "advantageous ground control".

The reason Sym is not at pro levels is because those parts of her kit are absolutely redundant to folks who practice teamwork and coordination for hours on-end on a regular basis. Concepts mind you, are still very much lacking in players that get 300+ hours that cant manage to surpass platinum rank despite already having god-tier aim.
but it's still there. There should always be a hero like that in the game. Again just because she's not used by the top 1% of players out there doesn't mean she's trash. I'm about average and I see her in my games sometimes. It's not really that big of a deal.
I guess people should stop playing soldier and mercy after they level up since they’re beginner friendly.