4 second defense matrix

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
Can anyone tell me the reason it was nerfed to 2 seconds?
Highly Rated
Reasons were: "not fun to play agnist"
You're nullifying too many ults. If the entire team has to focus down one character first, something is wrong.
Highly Rated
DPS players whined on how it was unfun to play against
Because it allegedly had zero counterplay.

I guess that bit during S6 where D.Va went down to 9th place in terms of pickrate at anything above Plat after Zarya got buffed was... uh... Everyone just deciding to not play the literally uncounterable god machine? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If your name wasn't Zarya or Symmetra she countered you.
01/17/2018 07:09 AMPosted by Hulkie
You're nullifying too many ults. If the entire team has to focus down one character first, something is wrong.

Yeah, at least you don't have to focus Rein or Orisa and their shields.
Not fun to use, not fun to play against. By gutting it they opened a possibility to make D.Va a dynamic and fun hero compared to DM-bot.
At 4 seconds it could be used to guard Junkrats rip tire, which made it OP.

Standing behind a barrier nullifies a lot of ults, too.
Highly Rated
Because most people couldn't count to four. And because they thought that D.Va Dm made dive possible in the first place.

D.Va could be countered by any hero where the player could aim reasonably well. Or which could just count to four.

Dive thrives on, that broken DPS heroes used and it almost no counter there.

01/17/2018 07:06 AMPosted by Wulfyk
Reasons were: "not fun to play agnist"

Did someone say Genji?
I just want them to rework on it instead of nerf it to a point where she can barely use the ability.
Apparently, the ability to nullify infinite damage is too powerful. Pretty nice having a d.va next to me tho, she helps a lot when enemies are focusing on my shield. Maybe that's why?
01/17/2018 07:16 AMPosted by Otterchin

Standing behind a barrier nullifies a lot of ults, too.

Think the problem is a barrier only blocks one direction and only a portion of that direction. Dva DM suffocates a dps and nulls them.

I liked the old Dva but I understood why they changed her, this new Dva still pretty awesome and is funner to play. DM still amazing you just have to be smarter about when to use it.
Boring, no counterplay, also boring for Dva players who didn't want to be a DM bot.

Basically every person who only played Dva for freelo by DM botting wants it back and everyone who doesn't need a crutch to play Dva doesn't want it back.

New Dva is way more fun to play than DM bot Dva anyway. Idk why people whine. Nuking squishies with boosters missles and cannons is more enjoyable than holding RMB whenever someone shoots at your team.
simply put, it was too long
But not any other shield tank?
Is she still not one of the most used and successful tanks in the game?

What exactly is the problem and why are people complaining?
Because let's be real: There wasn't a counter for it aside from meleeing or using Beam characters. all you could do is stand around like a bloody idiot for possibly 4 straight seconds while D.va's team focuses you with impunity while you can't do anything about it.

At least Micro-Missiles are a nice tradeoff
01/17/2018 07:23 AMPosted by TOEǶ
Boring, no counterplay, also boring for Dva players who didn't want to be a DM bot.

Basically every person who only played Dva for freelo by DM botting wants it back and everyone who doesn't need a crutch to play Dva doesn't want it back.

New Dva is way more fun to play than DM bot Dva anyway. Idk why people whine. Nuking squishies with boosters missles and cannons is more enjoyable than holding RMB whenever someone shoots at your team.

I enjoyed doing my tank job aye.