Competitive rules - adding positions.

Competitive Discussion
We need better rules for competitive games.

All sports have a set number of players on the field, and each player has a position. Overwatch is missing the "positions" in competitive gaming.

in Soccer/Football, you have 11 players, and they all have a position, Centre back, sweeper, full-back, wing-back, ect.. same for baseball, american football, basketball, everyone learns their "position", and plays it to skill levels above the normal human in professional games.

Overwatch has the same inherent positions, but the randomness of allowing players to pick whatever position they want in a competitive game, adds to the frustration when playing competitive games.

Watching the overwatch league, they split their players into these positions, and while they vary to triple tank, or triple dps, teams, they all have maintained a similar positions structure, and have practiced and make plans off of that structure, and like chess, the other team has to combat that build, with similar positions.

I think overwatch needs to force players to pick (2) positions at the start of the season, or in game, have a voting system for 3 tiers of positions, "Standard comp, (2 tanks, 2 healers, 2 dps), triple tank (3 tanks, 1 healer, 2 dps), or triple DPS (2 tanks, 1 healer, 3 dps). " Where at the start of the match, all 6 players vote on the comp. (these are just comp examples, and are not ment to be the end all be all, Blizzard should pick those)

both options, once the max dps/tank/healers are picked, those are grey'd out for the other players. once 2 tanks have been picked, all the rest are unpickable, to create a competitive comp.

Quick play can stay the same, and gamers can pick whatever willy nilly.

Positions need to be the next evolution of this game, just like one person starts out as a kid being a pitcher, and 10 years later they are pitching for the Major league. Positions are how we are going to get the best of the best in the future, and how all successful games are structured around the world.
Blizzard giving you rules for comp? hahahahaha, that wont happen!
The entire core of this game is to swap heroes when needed, thats why dont add role queue or role selection. Asking blizzard to make a fair and proper competitive experience is like asking a blind man to see. They understand that 70% of their playerbase is a casual gamer. Casual gamers cant wait for longer queues or to be told they cant play widow, a casual gamer wants no rules/cominitemment to any for of gameplay.

Thats why your suggestions will never happen.
Blizzard won't force anything like this. The idea of building proper composition in competitive games should be in players minds, not enforced by rules.

Honestly, I'd vote for forced composition building, but it's never going to happen. Hell, Blizzard just stated that throwing games on Torb is fine as long as your turret shoots towards the enemy. Competitive is in deep !@#$ right now.
I agree with you, but that's why they have quick play, whats the point of competitive if scrubs don't care and just play it like quick play anyways.

The main frustration in comp, is that no-one wants to make a comp. I see so many "trust me, im hanzo" and "im a great attack torb" comments, and the team gets all butt hurt, then we loose. I like playing widow from time to time, but i dont play her in comp, cause I suck at it, and I know I do. Me playing widow in comp wont help the team.

I know its silly to write this, but "trust me" this will be for the best!
First you ask for team positions , then you just say that certain heroes basically should be excluded from comp.
What you're saying is somewhat sane OP, but it's just against Blizzard's safe space bull!@#$. For some reason 1 player feeling bad about not playing Hanzo in comp because he has 10% accuracy is more important than 5 other players feeling bad about wasted time and effort trying to win the game 5v6.
01/22/2018 02:05 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
Blizzard giving you rules for comp? hahahahaha, that wont happen!
The entire core of this game is to swap heroes when needed, thats why dont add role queue or role selection. Asking blizzard to make a fair and proper competitive experience is like asking a blind man to see. They understand that 70% of their playerbase is a casual gamer. Casual gamers cant wait for longer queues or to be told they cant play widow, a casual gamer wants no rules/cominitemment to any for of gameplay.

Thats why your suggestions will never happen.

Casuals belong in quick play, not comp. If Blizzard did a role queue for comp I would gladly start back playing again.

INB4: rank determines if you're a causal. No it doesn't. How serious you take the game determines whether you're a causal or not.