Fun Fact: Mercy 1.0 was Not OP

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13
Sigh
Useless Prologue
I'm already sick IRL, didn't need more stress from this again.

Apparently many of you didn't get the memo, and are just using mob-justice to downvote those who disagree with you. Because, that's how you get your point across, right?

My Thought Process
So, I see the title, I'm reading through the post, alright, seems fine so far. Next step, I obviously realize OP has a problem with the rework, so they're going to give a solution, yeah? That was my train of thought anyways. That's what I would do if I was criticizing someone, I wouldn't just shove an opinion at them with no constructive criticism. Then I see it, the good ol' signature of the more vocal, stubborn, Mercy Mains and Mercy One-Tricks... Sigh

01/28/2018 07:00 AMPosted by xavvypls
It's time to revert. #RevertMercy

Something useful.
Allow me to fetch something from you, I don't personally care if you plan on downvoting me to Helheim and back, I'm still going to be here, someone will still eventually see my comment.

02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

My Point
You can disagree with me as much as you want, it won't change anything.

This is NOT a Democracy.
Blizzard owns Overwatch.
Blizzard made Overwatch.

This will NEVER be a Democracy.
Developers hear your feedback, they hear my feedback, it's their choice whether or not to respond. Do you know why? Because they don't need to, because these are THEIR forums, just like this is THEIR game, just like saying "NO" to the Revert, is THEIR decision.

Either stop bickering and solve your problem.
In life, in literally any situation I can think of that is accompanied by change, there are only ever two main options.

[/ul]Either you adapt to the change and stop whining about it, because you know whining won't help
    OR
    [ul]Stop, playing, Mercy.

That second one sounds a bit cruel, I know it does, but that's the point. 9 times out of 10, the only choices we have are bad ones, but we still must choose one of them.

"You wouldn't do the same!"
Damn right I would, playing a different hero, being a different person, does not give me any more influence on Blizzard than anyone reading this. If they did that to Reinhardt, I only have two choices, adapt until I can find him fun in some way or another, or, if he isn't fun to me; then I'll stop playing him and find someone/something else that is fun.

I'm sorry to have to word it this way, I don't know another way to inform you all that Mercy simply won't be reverted. They like where she is.

Haha! Still kicking!
-Isenfer
#RevertMercy
02/11/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Isenfer
My Thought Process
So, I see the title, I'm reading through the post, alright, seems fine so far. Next step, I obviously realize OP has a problem with the rework, so they're going to give a solution, yeah? That was my train of thought anyways. That's what I would do if I was criticizing someone, I wouldn't just shove an opinion at them with no constructive criticism. Then I see it, the good ol' signature of the more vocal, stubborn, Mercy Mains and Mercy One-Tricks... Sigh

01/28/2018 07:00 AMPosted by xavvypls
It's time to revert. #RevertMercy

Something useful.
Allow me to fetch something from you, I don't personally care if you plan on downvoting me to Helheim and back, I'm still going to be here, someone will still eventually see my comment.

02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

You do realize that this thread was created before Kaplan posted this, right?
You can't blame the op for being stubborn and ignoring Blizzard's statement, because at that point in time there was no statement on whether a revert was considered an option.
A revert to pre-Valkyrie is the only smart course of action Blizzard can take from here.
02/11/2018 04:43 AMPosted by valti01
oh wow, another salty mercy onetrick crying on the forums

>genji profile pic
Going backwards with Mercy isn't going to help. Those of us who played her back then know the toxicity that 5 man rez bred, as well as the passiveness. Once you had ult your job was to basically hide, wait for your team to die, and then rez them. Not fun, and if you died before you could rez you were screamed at.

Not only that, but the Mercy of old was not very strong, reverting her would not make her viable. She was basically only used for Pharah & when a team needed long point A holds (in OT games). Not only that but the forums had nearly as much crying about old rez as new, despite the fact she was not played much. The fact is that the team needs to move forward and actually fix her from her current state.

You guys are referring to an idealized rose tinted state of Mercy that never existed. The original Mercy changes did not come out of nowhere, she was weak, she was unfun to play both as and against, and both mercy mains and non-mercy players spent months asking for changes from her 1.0 version. Going back to 1.0 just brings us back to where we were and we'll have to go through this whole process again. Look at roadhog, it took a while and a lot of complaining, including a ton of calls for him to go back to 1.0 after his reworks but now he's in a generally healthy spot.
02/11/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Isenfer

I'm sorry to have to word it this way, I don't know another way to inform you all that Mercy simply won't be reverted. They like where she is.

Haha! Still kicking!
-Isenfer

Your analysis of my OP is insightful, thanks for your opinion.

I understand that Blizzard does whatever they wish with the game. In fact, I made another thread acknowledging this just yesterday. I would suggest giving it a read: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761827149#post-1

One thing is clear however. If we are to achieve true and fair balance with Mercy. We must cut our losses, admit our flaws, and go back to where she was both viable, balanced, fun, and not a must pick. In her case, that would be a Revert. There's just no way around it.

You are basically saying that I need to just "shut up and deal with it." That "the devs won't hear you, so you might as well give up." And to that I say, thanks for your opinion, but with thousands of legitimate posts in a feedback thread are ignored, the constant bullying of mercy mains that persisted since her latest nerf (which was even encouraged via the media and OWL where they expressed their strong opinions of the hero), and the overall failure the rework has been in how she is no longer fun to play. I will not be silent any longer.

We mercy mains are just a valid of a consumer as all the other people who hate her and want her removed from the game. Thus, we also have a right to express our disapproval for the changes. So no. I will not stop asking for a revert until Mercy is both balanced and fun to play with and against. Not gutted and thrown away because we were given a rework we never asked for in the first place.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy
Hey there, we're looking to consolidate the Mercy feedback to this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072

Thanks!