Thank you for reigniting 'one-trick is reportable'

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
It only took a year for you to specify that OTing, specifically off meta OTing is not a reportable offence. And now thanks to your latest dev updates, although Mr. Jeff said it might put YOU at disadvantage, because people have confirmation bias, everyone again has assumed its reportable offence.

Look here & r/ow and specifically r/cow, pitchforks are out hurling abuses and reports towards off meta players. Specifically look at the clip from effects stream, leaving game is his decision, everyone has been given certain limit to which we can do it and that's okay. But go to those threads and read the comments cursing symmetra player.

Explain to me, what is that players fault? That he want to play his/her fav character? To users, our, beloved devs has said that OTing put the OTing player (NOT REPORTABLE) at disadvantage and it's not ideal (NOT REPORTABLE).

Thank you again, for starting this witch hunting. At this point, you could just grey out the characters which are not dive, because the situation which you refer to are so rare and even their flankers enjoy advantage that, playing anything else will continue this [edit].

Forum Mod Edit: Please refrain from any language in posts or titles that may be construed as inappropriate for the forums.
Highly Rated
I think it’s one thing to encourage flexing.

It’s another thing to conveniently remain hush hush as vulnerable players (Symmetra players and other off meta players) are being constantly abused and attacked, having their games held hostage, being mass reported falsely and maliciously by jerks who think they have a god/Jeff given right to govern how this game works.

People are being bullied for playing Symmetra etc. - some bullies being directly endorsed by Blizzard through owl - and that is inexcusable.
I love how they try to spin it like it’s not an “we hate off metas” thing
01/29/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Eggcelsior
I love how they try to spin it like it’s not an “we hate off metas” thing

Which is confounding because you would think they would actually want all 26 heroes to be played. You know, actual hero diversity not 10 heroes being used in 90% of all matches.
01/29/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Player
Explain to me, what is that players fault? That he want to play his/her fav character?

Yeah thats right, because like we all know, flex players dont have 1-2 favourite heros they want to play in every match.
Explain to me, why OTP's do get to play ALWAYS, 100% of the time, the hero they want without coordinating with the team? Do they buy special VIP access? Is there a specific level when you can completely ignore the team's needs and choose whatever you want 100% of the time?.
Its not Blizzards fault that the community despises Sym/Torb/Bastion.

If those hero's do not fit in with the rest of the cast as easily, because they are very niche, then what do you expect from the 'community'?

Most of us would get by never seeing Sym or Torb in game again.

Yeah thats right, because like we all know, flex players dont have 1-2 favourite heros they want to play in every match.

[/quote]

You are doing at you will. Just like some people on their own will smoke other don't. I really don't want to go down this rabbit hole because blizzard has said its not a offence. The point of this thread was 'their video' has given impression to some users it is.
Entire logic is just flawed. You are basically allowed to one trick the OP heroes like Tacer Dva Genji etc but you are not allowed to one trick non OP or what they call "niche" heroes. Balance in this game is just so terrible and Blizzard takes that with full pride by saying how they like it the way it is. No only that but they also split the hero pool into "viable in most/all situtions" and "niche heroes you are not allowed to play on most maps against most heroes". So If you like a niche hero or niche heroes in general based of that logic because you have to be "flexible" you will never be able to play them because the balance is such a joke in OW.
01/29/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Rainmaker
Explain to me, why OTP's do get to play ALWAYS, 100% of the time, the hero they want without coordinating with the team? Do they buy special VIP access?

Yeah it's called

"Buying the game"
It's dumb that you can get reported and banned for playing defense heroes while on defense.
Huh.

Nothing have been change really. People still getting banned between matches leaving the game 5vs6 and ruining the rest of the match to everyone.

The report system is fully automated . there is no replay system

No way that a GM joins the match to catch up a thrower or griefer/ troll.

When you get banned you get always a copy paste and if you ask for proofs GMS never gives you a video/image or something that can prove you are guilty.

The only way to escape is by not say anything in the chat, 0, don't type any bad word because that's what get people banned and that's the only evidence GMS gives you via email.

Example;

One trick symmetra gets banned over and over besides having a high win rate and high rank.

That person have never said any bad words on chat? -> GM have 0 proofs of bad behavior except a sea of false reports ? -> unbanned

That person said some bad words I'm chat but also high win rate and high rank? -> GM checked the only thing he/ she can access and show you that """""" proof"""":: without showing you a log or picture? -> ban never revoked
01/29/2018 09:39 AMPosted by Companion
It's dumb that you can get reported and banned for playing defense heroes while on defense.

It's dumb to play a defensive hero like Torb or SYM or bastion when you are on Defence but don't have control.

No one cars if someone one tricks and does the job and you win, Great it worked. They care when they get hard countered and don't switch. In the very slim chance they do switch their usable here pool is so small they might as well just stand in spawn.

Specific example from this weekend. Genji OTP - Got countered by winston moria phara didn't switch until the last 3 minutes. Switched to Phara - got counted instantly by the DVA, Mccree and claimed he was the only one hitting the phara.

That was a high diamond game.
As long as they are good at their hero of choice and want to win regardless of what negative comments are being thrown around, I'm perfectly fine filling.

What bothers me at times though is if I fill as Mercy and they have a pharah, which is what I'm struggling to stay alive against, and my team refuses to counter pharah.
Reported 3 OTP Moiras in last 3 days. Feelsgoodman.

Why?

Because the only thing they were doing was trying to flank and using damage orbs 99% of the time barely healing and it was only on Roadhog 99% of the time.

DPS Moira = Throwing
01/29/2018 09:48 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Reported 3 OTP Moiras in last 3 days. Feelsgoodman.

Why?

Because the only thing they were doing was trying to flank and using damage orbs 99% of the time barely healing and it was only on Roadhog 99% of the time.

DPS Moira = Throwing

That's just players not learning or playing her in limited fashion.

Throwing is jumping off cliffs, intentionally running to enemy to let them kill them for free while emoting, afking in spawn and doing nothing.

People like you makes me wonder who's the real toxic ones.

In addition, Blizz should focus on actually either reworking or buffing the heroes pool already if they want the whole pick and swap to counter opponent so the heroes actually counters rather than being so weak in what they're suppose to do that the generalist could walk all over them.
i dont care what your winrate is, what devs say about your hero, what hero you play...if you throw the game with your bad pick (meta or not) or if you dont swap when you are not doing anything (meta or not) you will get reported.
01/29/2018 09:52 AMPosted by MrGrimm
"Play how I want/How the Pros say or you're throwing" You really didn't need all those extra words there.

No. I don't have issues with weird compositions when the game starts. I love playing with Sym mains for example. But DPS Mercy is throwing 99% of the time, especially in Valkyrie. The only reason why she needs to be picked at all and then you blew it by using your pistol. No Mercy on the team? No problem. At least I know from the start how things are going. But to realize in the middle of the fight that your Mercy is shooting from her pistol while everyone is critical HP... Nope. Not gonna work.
01/29/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Xtracrizby
That's just players not learning or playing her in limited fashion.

Throwing is jumping off cliffs, intentionally running to enemy to let them kill them for free while emoting, afking in spawn and doing nothing.

People like you makes me wonder who's the real toxic ones.

In addition, Blizz should focus on actually either reworking or buffing the heroes pool already if they want the whole pick and swap to counter opponent so the heroes actually counters rather than being so weak in what they're suppose to do that the generalist could walk all over them.

Soft throwing exists. And it's pretty much what I described. It means playing the game in an extraordinarily selfish manner while paying absolutely no attention to how your actions affect the rest of your team.

What you described is hard throwing. That's the easy and obvious one to spot.