Thank you for reigniting 'one-trick is reportable'

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
01/29/2018 08:14 AMPosted by Player
It only took a year for you to specify that OTing, specifically off meta OTing is not a reportable offence. And now thanks to your latest dev updates, although Mr. Jeff said it might put YOU at disadvantage, because people have confirmation bias, everyone again has assumed its reportable offence.

Look here & r/ow and specifically r/cow, pitchforks are out hurling abuses and reports towards off meta players. Specifically look at the clip from effects stream, leaving game is his decision, everyone has been given certain limit to which we can do it and that's okay. But go to those threads and read the comments cursing symmetra player.

Explain to me, what is that players fault? That he want to play his/her fav character? To users, our, beloved devs has said that OTing put the OTing player (NOT REPORTABLE) at disadvantage and it's not ideal (NOT REPORTABLE).

Thank you again, for starting this witch hunting. At this point, you could just grey out the characters which are not dive, because the situation which you refer to are so rare and even their flankers enjoy advantage that, playing anything else will continue this bs.
I personally have nothing wrong with a player playing what he wants however if your getting hard countered to where you are useless I expect a switch if you want to one trick and lose go to QP. I play to win, I don't play this game to lose, and that is what some one trick settle for even if they get shut down constantly and that right there is the problem.
Throwing and griefing is reportable and like it or not Symmetra on most maps and certain modes is throwing. If you're instalocking Symmetra on control, you're trolling your team whether you intend it or not. That's how it works.

In competitive, people come to win and if you don't want to win, you don't have to play comp if you just want to play your favorite hero no matter what. Ruining the experience of 5 other people is just selfish and mean and they have every right to voice their concern by reporting you.
01/29/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Saber
Throwing and griefing is reportable and like it or not Symmetra on most maps and certain modes is throwing. If you're instalocking Symmetra on control, you're trolling your team whether you intend it or not. That's how it works.

Trolling: The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly [Censored] people off.

So no that's not how it works. (Granted that's the urban dictionary definition so feel free to give it no credence whatsoever and disregard me)
Yep, the dev update was right. Toxicity is trending down.

In Fantasyland. :-)
Explain to me, what is that players fault? That he want to play his/her fav character?

Because this game was created with the idea to swap heroes to fit the situations. Jeff also said that in the latest dev update.
01/29/2018 09:58 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

Soft throwing exists. And it's pretty much what I described. It means playing the game in an extraordinarily selfish manner while paying absolutely no attention to how your actions affect the rest of your team.

What you described is hard throwing. That's the easy and obvious one to spot.

Soft throwing is indistinguishable from being inept, it is very possible that those Moira practiced a lot in DM/FFA and thought doing damage is the genuine way to go similar to Zenyatta.

It also doesn't change my point in how much of a massive !@#$ you are.
01/29/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Xtracrizby
Soft throwing is indistinguishable from being inept, it is very possible that those Moira practiced a lot in DM/FFA and thought doing damage is the genuine way to go similar to Zenyatta.

LOL

I can't even take you seriously.
01/29/2018 10:17 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
01/29/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Xtracrizby

LOL

“Playing Pharah without Mercy is throwing”

Hello pot meet kettle
01/29/2018 10:21 AMPosted by Eggcelsior
01/29/2018 10:17 AMPosted by TwixSnickers

LOL

“Playing Pharah without Mercy is throwing”

Hello pot meet kettle

Because it effectively is. As long as you're above gold.
01/29/2018 10:02 AMPosted by Saber

In competitive, people come to win and if you don't want to win, you don't have to play comp if you just want to play your favorite hero no matter what. Ruining the experience of 5 other people is just selfish and mean and they have every right to voice their concern by reporting you.

Fine, let aside that questionable idea that some heroes should only be good in some rare occations while others should be good at everything ....

Why then am I allowed to chose those heroes on those maps ? If you argue it should be a bannable offence to play said heroes then they should not even be an option in the first place.
In a game of, soon to be, 27 heroes then you need to really prioritise.
Players that only play one hero should not be playing in my opinion.
Although I believe that reporting is not the right way to make people play more than one hero, it is really all we have.

So report those people if you want. It's the only way they will change.
01/29/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Birdkoo
Although I believe that reporting is not the right way to make people play more than one hero, it is really all we have.

You forget that OTP stands synonymous for playing off meta heroes. A one trick soldier is not affected by this issue at all, while a symmetra that flexes to torb, bastion, mei, hanzo, etc certainly is.

Other than that, "one-tricking" is completely fine. This is called specialization and happens everywhere, including in the pro scene.
01/29/2018 10:23 AMPosted by Birdkoo

You forget that OTP stands synonymous for playing off meta heroes. A one trick soldier is not affected by this issue at all, while a symmetra that flexes to torb, bastion, mei, hanzo, etc certainly is.

Other than that, "one-tricking" is completely fine. This is called specialization and happens everywhere, including in the pro scene.

He is. Soldier playing into an Orisa + Rein double barrier setup and not even considering swapping is pretty close to throwing.
You do realized that the ban also can be reversed as there are cases of that happening right?

This is certainly telling me what personality and behavior certain members are.
01/29/2018 09:48 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Reported 3 OTP Moiras in last 3 days. Feelsgoodman.

Why?

Because the only thing they were doing was trying to flank and using damage orbs 99% of the time barely healing and it was only on Roadhog 99% of the time.

DPS Moira = Throwing

See that Blizzard? Your genius automated system is abused all the time by people like that and they even brag about it on the forums all the time, knowing full well that nothing will happen to them. And the icing on the cake is that they call toxic the people whom they falsely report all the time. Ah, the hubris of meta slaves...
It baffles me how people will go to great lengths to identify something as throwing or reportable behavior when it should be so clear cut and simple:

Were they using aggressive, abusive, or bigoted language?

Were they doing things like deliberately leading enemies to your tp, or blocking you in spawn, or not healing you at all, or repeatedly leaving match, or deliberately not firing at the enemy or deliberately being far away from the objective?

Were they using any unfair advantage like cheats, mnk on console, being a much higher rank than the one played in match?

Then report away. Anything else could either be contributed to player bias and prejudice, or just plain bad luck and bad calls.
When will people understand that it's not a hero problem. It's the simple fact that some players don't (CAN'T !) play anything else than those heroes.

I don't care if you play Torbjorn on Hanamura defense first point. I'll be the first one to support you because it is known to be very strong here and it could bring the victory in the end.

I don't care if you want to play Bastion on R66 attack. It could be very strong and help us win the game !

I don't care AT ALL if you want to pick Widow on numbani attack, it is really powerful there ! (As long as it works, obviously)

What I do mind is you not being ABLE to play ANYTHING ELSE and being a dead weight for us, the other players, to carry around.

By keeping your non-helping hero, you PREVENT the other friendly players from winning the game.
01/29/2018 09:09 AMPosted by Rainmaker
Explain to me, what is that players fault? That he want to play his/her fav character?

Yeah thats right, because like we all know, flex players dont have 1-2 favourite heros they want to play in every match.
Explain to me, why OTP's do get to play ALWAYS, 100% of the time, the hero they want without coordinating with the team? Do they buy special VIP access? Is there a specific level when you can completely ignore the team's needs and choose whatever you want 100% of the time?.
Stop flexing for onetricks, never flex for a onetrick. NO one should feel entitles to flex for someone who isn't willing to do the same.
I have no problem with people playing Torb or Sym. But it is a problem when they're not in voice chat and we're in team chat trying to talk to them nicely. Sure I get that they probably get flamed a lot if they join voice, but they won't be able to hear important callouts that the team makes and it's honestly just poor team work. Just because Overwatch is a team game doesn't mean we have to adjust to one person's specific playstyle or hero roster. Everybody has to work together as a TEAM.