How would you nerf Tracer?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I wouldn't.
01/15/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Hawai
01/15/2018 08:51 PMPosted by Shane
...but she's not easy to use. She has a high skill ceiling and needs proper management in order to corrrectly. She just needs better counters

How bad is damage nerf 6? I dont see any junkrat will complain about damage 6
I dont know about that. If tracer's gonna get a nerf it has to be for a good reason. So far the only reason i keep seeing in the forums are "I'm tired of fighting her".
01/15/2018 08:45 PMPosted by Abeyenopixel
01/15/2018 08:43 PMPosted by onetrick
How do you change her without completely breaking her?

I honestly don't think she needs nerf, her counters overtime got nerfed and she eventually became overpowered because of lack of counters.

The counters for example like Mei needs buff.

I'm on board with this one. She doesn't need a nerf, her counters just need to be a bit more relevant in what they do to be a viable counter.
easy. You don't.
Simply increase her cool down for blinks one second. Make her simpler to pin down after blowing her blinks instead of always having one. Easy fix.

Downvotes on a reasonable nerf? Not surprising.
01/15/2018 08:52 PMPosted by PraiseTheFun
Increase the CD on Recall and/or reduce the ult charge rate on Pulse Bomb.

You could also reduce the AoE on Pulse Bomb which nerfs the Tracer/Zarya combo. This would make some room for other characters who can combo with Zarya through Transcendence.

Recall already has a 12 second cooldown which is painful since Tracer only has 150 HP, and supports don't pay too much attention to teammates that are flanking. I'd say it doesn't need a nerf.
Also, pulse bomb range is pretty bad already. You have to get stuck or be standing on it to take damage. If you reduce the range on that, then you'll HAVE to stick it to do damage.
Increase her weapon spread dramatically.
4 seconds on blink.
01/15/2018 08:48 PMPosted by PositiveFac
I can't see any nerfs for her without giving her more some other buff in the way. The only thing that can be done for Tracer is getting her an actual hard counter or buffing her soft counters overall.

She falls into the category of being OP in good hands and terrible in the wrong hands.

She falls into that category because she is a 100% skills based hero, and i think overwatch needs more characters like that honestly. Why shouldn't you be able to carry a game if you're exceptional at a high skill cap character?
The only time tracer is dangerous is when she's in the hands of a skilled player. Skill should not be nerfed
01/15/2018 09:04 PMPosted by Shane
01/15/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Hawai
How bad is damage nerf 6? I dont see any junkrat will complain about damage 6
I dont know about that. If tracer's gonna get a nerf it has to be for a good reason. So far the only reason i keep seeing in the forums are "I'm tired of fighting her".

I wouldnt say that.
If buffing is needed for her counters, the ones who she counters also need buffs. And that is almost every hero with less mobility or range. But we cant do that can we?
01/15/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Jmadura17
she can one shot tracer (her ice spike does 150 headshot damage)

dude i still have vietnam war flashbacks about randomly being headshot by mei choke fire back from when i first started playing tracer XD

01/15/2018 08:54 PMPosted by Doombunny
Scaling blink recharge: first charge is what we have now. Second charge is .5 seconds slower. third charge is 1 second slower.

I'd put that on the PTR and see what happens.

would that really change much outside of a teamfight/point tagging though? but i do gotta say adding full seconds to the already existing recharge time seems like a bit much as it literally takes 1.5s to reload as McCree or Genji and has gotten me killed plenty of times.

I see the direction you are going in though.

01/15/2018 08:57 PMPosted by Piltmannen
No headshots. Like Bastion's sentry.

definitely the most creative so far, but unfortunately brings down her skill ceiling. would she still be able to crit bastion's critbox?

01/15/2018 08:58 PMPosted by WarGoat
I'd let McCree deal 75 damage per shot so she actually has to fear him.
Either 2 body shots or 1 headshot.

McCree is a pretty high skill hero though, would that be enough to appease the masses? But I feel bad reading that because I actually thought he did do 75 per effective range shot lol.

01/15/2018 09:02 PMPosted by Tenee
Fix torbs head hot box and other bugs with him and let him be a counter to her.

Let his level 1 turret upgrade itself over time if left alone untouched.

Torb's right click is actually pretty nasty. People will think I'm throwing and get so angry when I one shot their Soldier or Mercy as Torbjorn lmao. One time I had a Roadhog just lose it after I killed him and he called me a cheater xD

One of the things I hate about playing Torb is that the turret just has a mind of it's own and fires whenever. You'd think an engineer would be able to decide when he is ready for his turret to start shooting people as not to give his position away.

I'd also like to see an ability that just plain uses his armor pack on him without having to constantly perform insane flicks to keep yourself alive and still shoot someone else in the face.

never understood why the turret wasn't ready to just get hammered on and upgraded as soon as it is dropped.

Definitely think Torb's clip size could stand to be increased. by 2 or so right clicks.
Just put a 4 or 4.5 second timer on her blink because everything else is fine.
Some suggestions I heard:
Ana:
Damage increase to 75 so she can two tap Tracer.
Torb:
Primary damage increased to 75, as well as fire rate increased on primary.
Mei:
Damage falloff removed + fire rate increased but not by too much.
Sombra:
Blinks no longer interrupt Hack without checking for LOS first.

AND potentially:

Tracer:
Recall now has a shorter duration. This means it will give her less time of invulnerability.
They need to stop using her as the main object for balancing the game and just look at all heroes in relation to each other for balance.

everything for balance is based off tracer. Removing that would nerf her.
Lets say we dont nerf Junkrat. Then what do we do instead? Buff pharah only? I think buffing tanks is also needed. And this also needed if tracer keep counters winston and reinhardt and ana and dva and zarya and mcree and zenyatta and ... who doesnt she counter?
This game is not about 1 v 1, it's a team game. Otherwise, McCree and Roadhog are both very good at being a duelist as well.

tbh, nerfing Junkrat's mine is a mistake. I hope it won't go live.
outside of an ult charge rate tweak (which honestly wouldn't do much, tracer's ult is not the best part of her kit)...

i've written this somewhere on here before but i disagree with the damage nerfs that get bandied around because in organized play tracer isn't useful because she can oneclip everything. you'll rarely see that happen outside of shutting down a rez. she's good because she's consistent backline pressure that can engage and disengage at will. and a large part of that is because of recall, which as an ability does a lot (instant heal, teleportation, debuff clear, weapon reload).

one thing i'd like to try is a slightly weaker recall - one that takes her back 2s instead of 3s, for instance, or one that doesn't automatically reload her guns but takes her ammo to where it was 2/3 seconds ago. if that's not enough then i'd play around with how it interacts with debuffs. the goal of this change would be to increase time frames to punish tracer after having to pop her emergency measure. 2s is fairly predictable to enemies so tracers will have to plan where their recall will take them more carefully.
I think recall cooldown brought down to 3 seconds would be good. :p
01/15/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Hawai
Lets say we dont nerf Junkrat. Then what do we do instead? Buff pharah only? I think buffing tanks is also needed. And this also needed if tracer keep counters winston and reinhardt and ana and dva and zarya and mcree and zenyatta and ... who doesnt she counter?

Everything with mobility at the exception of Doomfist and Winston