Pray for role q

Competitive Discussion
Its not forced at all jesus.. people in role q can still flex if the team agrees. At least a fair game was started from char select. How can these people not see this. Do you really want another season 7 or 8. Matchmaking is super broke. 50% chance of winning mmr makes the game win then lose with no fun because either its a wipe or leaver/soft thrower every other game.
01/29/2018 06:38 AMPosted by smelmyfinger
people in role q can still flex if the team agrees.

No, if you queued as tank, you better stay tank, because you asked for the stupid role queue system. I'm that one person that disagrees. You asked for it and you get to keep it.
01/29/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Audaylon
No, if you queued as tank, you better stay tank, because you asked for the stupid role queue system. I'm that one person that disagrees. You asked for it and you get to keep it.

He said "if the team agrees". Keyword is "if". So in other words your stances aren't contradictory like you seem to think they are.
Maybe a team vote system wich heroes your team wants to see in a teamcomp? Like everyone vote for 6 main heroes and 6 flex heroes and your team can deicide wich one they play from it.
01/29/2018 08:42 AMPosted by kr1k1
Maybe a team vote system wich heroes your team wants to see in a teamcomp? Like everyone vote for 6 main heroes and 6 flex heroes and your team can deicide wich one they play from it.

It should be like league of legands hands down. In a game that requires teams working tog it is a must. If someone wanrs troll the system hopefulky an updated reporting system will work. Because the report system is crap and a bug reason why we are in this hell comp era
01/29/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Audaylon
01/29/2018 06:38 AMPosted by smelmyfinger
people in role q can still flex if the team agrees.

No what the OP wants is a fair match up from the get go. A set of people who all wanna play certain roles. But there are situations where you may need trip tank meta to get through a comp that has high damage
This seems like a good idea but theres been so many times after losing the first round of a game people "role swap" and we do light years better. I usually play support but I am a good mcree/soldier so when our dps sucks we swap and sometimes improves. Same with tanks, or even mercys (yes there are bad ones).

I generally go support cause people always autolock dps then its a waiting game to see what 3rd dps will swap to tank or support
01/29/2018 09:47 AMPosted by damnitbinks
No what the OP wants is a fair match up from the get go. A set of people who all wanna play certain roles. But there are situations where you may need trip tank meta to get through a comp that has high damage

There are no instances where you need 3 tank or 4 tank or 1 tank.
Every game 2 . 2. 2. DO you not read these posts?
01/29/2018 09:40 AMPosted by smelmyfinger
01/29/2018 08:42 AMPosted by kr1k1

It should be like league of legands hands down. In a game that requires teams working tog it is a must. If someone wanrs troll the system hopefulky an updated reporting system will work. Because the report system is crap and a bug reason why we are in this hell comp era
I agree with the League Of Legends draft but it should be adjusted to an Overwatch draft pick. What i wanted to approach was a more team draft based aspect where your own team decides what heroes your team wants to play. Everyone talks about meta but with this you can create your own meta every single game your team wants. Not every meta is adjusted to every skill level, remember that.
[quote="207593200087"]This seems like a good idea but theres been so many times after losing the first round of a game people "role swap" and we do light years better. I usually play support but I am a good mcree/soldier so when our dps sucks we swap and sometimes improves. Same with tanks, or even mercys (yes there are bad ones).

I generally go support cause people always autolock dps then its a waiting game to see what 3rd dps will swap to tank or support[/quote

This is because the matchmaking cutrently is shiet. Think about it swapping is basically figuring who is needing to be carried due to what comps the enemy team is doing.

Imo tank dps and heals need their own ssr
I honestly wouldn't care if i had to wait for a game to be able to have more competitive and less toxic games....
01/29/2018 09:55 AMPosted by Audaylon
01/29/2018 09:47 AMPosted by damnitbinks

There are no instances where you need 3 tank or 4 tank or 1 tank.
Every game 2 . 2. 2. DO you not read these posts?

I’ve had games where they came out in a 3dps 1 tank and 2 healer comp and we switched too a 3 tank 1 dps 2 healer meta that did really well for us. So don’t knock it just because it isn’t an orthodox meta. Remember triple tank was meta a few seasons ago...
Roll Q 100%. Need it!
^agreed
They should have put in role Q a long time ago
Role queue won't solve anything. People will still complain about off-meta picks within those roles, e.g., picking Moira over Mercy.
Role queue also prevents unique hero combinations from being used, such as quad tank or solo heals. Won't happen.
01/29/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Bullrose
Role queue also prevents unique hero combinations from being used, such as quad tank or solo heals. Won't happen.

Not necessarily. Just speak to your team and see what happens? I have had some great time positive experiences with people swapping off and changing roles amongst people completely.
Role queue with possible people to flex as required needs the following concept: people actually pick heroes according to their role.

If that doesn't happen, people are going to complain. So let's say we do 2-2-2 as the base queue right? The large majority of DPS mains will just select support and then instalock DPS so they can have shorter queue time. The role queue system is easily abusable and doesn't solve anything. Even the origin of this concept (stemming from League of Legends) is flawed ("I go Yasuo support," builds full carry).

Now, if you were to make them play heroes that they selected in their role to prevent the DPS main queueing as support but locking in DPS, you make it impossible to play. This restricts triple tank, triple DPS, and triple support (including Symmetra but the last one being pretty much never) from ever happening.

There is no way a role queue will work the way it is intended regardless of locking them into their role or not.
01/29/2018 03:35 PMPosted by AXIOS
Role queue with possible people to flex as required needs the following concept: people actually pick heroes according to their role.

If that doesn't happen, people are going to complain. So let's say we do 2-2-2 as the base queue right? The large majority of DPS mains will just select support and then instalock DPS so they can have shorter queue time. The role queue system is easily abusable and doesn't solve anything. Even the origin of this concept (stemming from League of Legends) is flawed ("I go Yasuo support," builds full carry).

Now, if you were to make them play heroes that they selected in their role to prevent the DPS main queueing as support but locking in DPS, you make it impossible to play. This restricts triple tank, triple DPS, and triple support (including Symmetra but the last one being pretty much never) from ever happening.

There is no way a role queue will work the way it is intended regardless of locking them into their role or not.

Well if blizz actually payed attention to reports after this had happened then it would make a difference. report them for poor teamwork/griefing. Oh wait blizz is a giant joke about enforcing reports. So ya youre right this would just be abused but i would still like to see it because the game cant get abused anymore lol