You Think Symmetra Is Underpowered?

General Discussion
01/30/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Player
01/30/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Manular

Uh. Well... yeah. Thats why they're going to tweak her again.
People are asking for buffs. Not reworks. Want to actually give her outplay potential? Maybe I'd be inclined to agree. But asking for pure buffs just because she's not seeing play in Overwatch League is absolutely braindead.

Certain aspects of her *need* buffs. Like the fact it takes 2.4 seconds just to deploy a single turret. Or how useless her shield is.

Most people who give the issue serious thought, however, try to frame their suggestions in a way that doesn't break it at lower levels.
All i hope for is if they buff her make it pc only and nerf her on console
01/30/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Crashplayz
All i hope for is if they buff her make it pc only and nerf her on console

She's already quite a bit weaker on console than she is on PC. I could see nerfing her primary damage a smidge, I suppose, if it's really oppressive, given the increased difficulty of aiming on console.
01/29/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Player
Cool. That's your opinion.

But don't you dare turn to the pick rate statistics in the OWL as some sort of anecdotal evidence. Symmetra is the easiest hero in the game, and believe it or not, this game somewhat agrees with the philosophy that:

higher skill ceiling = more impact when played to the highest level

and that philosophy is one that the majority of players involved with the competitive scene agree with. Junkrat and Mercy are exceptions though, because despite being awfully easy, they're also overpowered and will be receiving nerfs shortly.

Symmetra doesn't have anything to excel at the highest level. No matter what skill level, she still has the same:
- Turret damage
- Primary fire damage
- Shield generator health

She's the stock standard pick for your typical platinum who can't hold a mouse properly. She's basically the hero that Blizzard incorporated into the game so that mechanically inept players could still have a chance at playing semi-competently.

Oh, she requires positioning and game sense???

Cool. Every other hero has those requirements too, along with the infinite skill ceiling requirement of aim.

You are a Genji main in comp. You have less than 4 minutes total on Sym. I sense someone got triggered because Genji should never lose to anyone...

But, let's say for argument's sake that you weren't triggered. Sym is countered heavily by multiple heroes now.

Doomfist owns her and he is still broken.

Moira owns her AND her recent buff to allow orb damage to turrets means she can single-handedly destroy any chokepoint in seconds. As fast as Winston and she doesn't even have to be NEAR the turrets. She can do this extremely fast and the timer on turret placement means a Sym can never keep up. Moira turns Sym into a short range DPS with low health and no mobility.

Winston still owns her. Can kill her close up and can devastate her main purpose of choke defense in a second or two.

Pharah owns her and can also clear turrets due to splash

Junk owns her due to second mine, probably even after the upcoming nerf.

Mei has multiple options to either tie or defeat her.

Dva's missile buff means a Sym is now at a super disadvantage.

Rein owns her in CQC.

Hog still owns her.

Mcree is still going to own her.

I could go on, but literally the only heroes that she kind of counters is Genji, Tracer, and Lucio. She only counters them in the sense that she can force them to retreat for a second. Every other hero can either avoid her while killing her or simply slug her down.

Her playrate/winrate would be in THE BASEMENT across all levels (even more so than now) if it factored in first CP/second CP hero swaps correctly. Most people who do bother to play her on CP1 just swap if it is taken. Heck, I quit playing her altogether when Doomfist was added because someone on the other team immediately swapped to him and owned me if I picked her. It's only gotten worse with the addition of Moira and hero buffs since.
01/30/2018 03:15 AMPosted by Mordhaus
Moira owns her AND her recent buff to allow orb damage to turrets means she can single-handedly destroy any chokepoint in seconds.
Not anymore, but Moira still has the upper hand on Symmetra thanks to her self healing, better mobility and longer beam range.

Also, Mei has the upper hand on Symmetra because she can freeze Symmetra faster than Symmetra can kill her. Not to mention that Mei can protect herself with her wall (and exploiting Symmetra's bug) and self heal.
P. S. silver, gold and platinum players are intrinsically the same; they're all terrible at the game.

I just love when a pot calls the kettle black.
Here we go folks, a fundamentally flawed thinking platinum player giving bad opinions on hero skill capacities.

Spend less time on the forums, and more time in the practice range. Maybe you will get out of Plat. =)
Why do you think she's hardly been picked, I'm honestly curious what you think, OP?
Widow takes more aim

Sym takes more gamesense

What's hard I subjective if you have the worst gamesense ever but good aim you won't climb on sym

But if you have amazing gamesense but bad aim you won't do good on widow

Simple
She is so broken. Really broken. Horribly broken.
01/29/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Bergtau
The pickrate of OWL isn't anecdotal evidence, anecdotal evidence would be if somebody played a few games and saw no Symmetras and therefore believed she was bad because of it.

Your post is also kind of wrong, Silver/Gold is where Symmetras roam, not Platinum.

Don't forget my games when im trying to climb. I get a lot of Sym mains. Oddly enough though, I win a lot more than I lose when I have one.
01/30/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Remedy4u
P. S. silver, gold and platinum players are intrinsically the same; they're all terrible at the game.

I just love when a pot calls the kettle black.
Here we go folks, a fundamentally flawed thinking platinum player giving bad opinions on hero skill capacities.

Spend less time on the forums, and more time in the practice range. Maybe you will get out of Plat. =)
Did not notice this but my god it's funny
01/30/2018 05:07 AMPosted by DrFate
Widow takes more aim

Sym takes more gamesense

What's hard I subjective if you have the worst gamesense ever but good aim you won't climb on sym

Simple

Again, all heros require gamesense. Sym does not require any further gamesense than any other hero.
01/30/2018 07:33 AMPosted by TheNightman
01/30/2018 05:07 AMPosted by DrFate
Widow takes more aim

Sym takes more gamesense

Simple

Again, all heros require gamesense. Sym does not require any further gamesense than any other hero.
That is false

You can pretend aim heroe require as much gamesense as the non aim heroes but that's not true

Widow does not take as much game sense as Winston or symmetra, I find widow very easy on the mind and hard on the arm for aim

But I find sym easy on the arm and hard on the brain

Nothing wrong with that, neither of them are better or more worthy of being called skillful, they just have different skill sets that require different things
You know what’s hilarious? Is a diamond drop out is talking down another persons rank. Even if Sym is easier, they also made her to appeal to those people who came from different genres. To bad you have you head shoved so far up your @ss and can’t see things like this. She is underpowered. Jeff has even said they are looking to do a bit more to her.

Your opinion is wrong and the only thing you’ve done is proven how big of a douche you are. Don’t you dare target a person out for likening a character, and you you DARE target a rank about being bad when, as I have said, you’ve dropped out of diamond because “you’re bad.” I wish you the worst luck in your games and hope you fall in gold.
She's bad designed coz she has a very limited skill curve.
Give to the same heroes auto aim turrets and auto aim weapon was a terrible mistake
lmao seriously? She needs to have her damage or movement nerfed! Once a sym has you locked on all she has to do it jump around and her damage increases with time. Unless you have a shift ability to escape, you are done in a fight against sym.
01/30/2018 08:24 AMPosted by CosmicLuna
lmao seriously? She needs to have her damage or movement nerfed! Once a sym has you locked on all she has to do it jump around and her damage increases with time. Unless you have a shift ability to escape, you are done in a fight against sym.
Sure let's nerf the weakest hero in the game. I'm sure that's what she need.
(some people...)

Symmetra need buffs, whether you like it or not. She is underperforming, has almost no pickrate, is incredibly easy to counter and is easy to avoid/escape. There is a good reason why she is one of the worst heroes in the game.

And balancing should be based on stats and not on feelings. Otherwise had we Genji in F-tier.
Sym's turrets don't really feel effective at any tier of the game.

Even when I was starting, the only time I really worried about Sym turrets was if I was solo walking into a room with both all six turrets AND a sym inside.

Now that I'm around gold, even that doesn't really scare me. I just don't go there, and it's a problem avoided.

In the meantime, things like Junkrat traps are still completely terrifying to me, meaning almost guaranteed death if I don't pay very close attention to them.

That doesn't seem right or fair to me. Symmetra turrets should inspire a similar level of caution, especially since they're a larger part of her kit.
01/30/2018 01:42 AMPosted by Player
01/30/2018 01:37 AMPosted by Manular

Uh. Well... yeah. Thats why they're going to tweak her again.
People are asking for buffs. Not reworks. Want to actually give her outplay potential? Maybe I'd be inclined to agree. But asking for pure buffs just because she's not seeing play in Overwatch League is absolutely braindead.

She needs buffs because she sucks. Never mind OWL
I mean, I get you don't like Symmetra and all, but don't you think you should at LEAST be able to stay in diamond before insulting plats and saying they "cant hold a mouse properly"? By looking at your stats, you're just another average plat, so why are you assuming this high horse position?

INB4 he says, "alt account lul I'm a top 500 on my main acc"