Sombra needs a buff

what if Sombra could hack team mates to provide a temporary buff,
tighter spread
hack through damage

But I really like your idea. give it like 15 seconds
01/14/2018 04:01 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
Sombra needs a buff

That would put her in the support category.
Sombra doesn't need a buff. She is fine. You need a good aware team to follow up on hacks and when you do she can be devastating. Hacking certain heroes is pretty much guaranteed death. Ever been hacked as Doomfist? She doesn't need a buff.
01/14/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Pizza
Sombra needs a buff

That would put her in the support category.
If you haven't realized she is a support hero you need to look at her a little closer.
01/14/2018 04:05 AMPosted by THEOVERLORD
Sombra doesn't need a buff. She is fine. You need a good aware team to follow up on hacks and when you do she can be devastating. Hacking certain heroes is pretty much guaranteed death. Ever been hacked as Doomfist? She doesn't need a buff.

Lowest pick rate
Lowest win rate
Delay after this, delay before that
1 dmg can ruin Stealth
1 dmg can ruin Hack
"oh but sombra shouldnt get buffed because im a dps main who never wants another annoying hero that can ruin the game because other dps should always be better"
I fell she is fine as is. She just required to work as a team to get the most out of her. She isn't an assassin hero like Tracer or Genji but she is more a support flanker. She builds emp quick when the team works toward building it. Then using emp to break through a choke is huge.
01/14/2018 04:10 AMPosted by How2Carry
01/14/2018 04:05 AMPosted by THEOVERLORD

Lowest pick rate
Lowest win rate
Delay after this, delay before that
1 dmg can ruin Stealth
1 dmg can ruin Hack
"oh but sombra shouldnt get buffed because im a dps main who never wants another annoying hero that can ruin the game because other dps should always be better"

Lowest pick rate and win rate are traits that you would expect to see in a game with random players, on a hero who without team follow through is going to do poorly, which she has. 1 damage to ruin hack is what makes her counters against her viable. Running a Torbjorn against a Sombra and putting it in your backline denies any hacks on anyone within range of it. And if you're taking damage in stealth you're not using it correctly then. Why run into a firefight and right into the oncoming fire? What? Sombra shouldn't get buffed because she can turn the tide of an entire game already. They're not going to change her to make her constantly viable.
Love that idea the thought of boosting a teammates abilities for 6 sec sound amazing but what about if her hack also ruins passives like genji and hanzo wall climb mercy regen and when d.va pops out of her mech she automatically dies tings like that actually nvr mind that would kill junkrat lol
01/14/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Dethfire
I fell she is fine as is. She just required to work as a team to get the most out of her. She isn't an assassin hero like Tracer or Genji but she is more a support flanker. She builds emp quick when the team works toward building it. Then using emp to break through a choke is huge.
If she could hack her team mates that would be better. giving a damage buff or damage reduction for them. maybe increased healing out put. RNG what they get so its up to luck.
01/14/2018 04:15 AMPosted by THEOVERLORD
And if you're taking damage in stealth you're not using it correctly then

It should not be a sprint ability. Lets say that you are playing on Volskaya Industries. You captured point A, you are going to B, then you are going to flank to left side. But a D.Va shoots you from 400 meters away so your invisibility gets canceled. How would you feel? Right now It's just used as a "sprint" ability.

Sombra shouldn't get buffed because she can turn the tide of an entire game already.

Yeah, only on Grandmaster+communication. No communication/on plat? trash.
1 damage to ruin hack is what makes her counters against her viable

Think about your biotic field cancelling just because someone dealt 1 dmg from long range while the animation was happening.
01/14/2018 04:19 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
01/14/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Dethfire
If she could hack her team mates that would be better. giving a damage buff or damage reduction for them. maybe increased healing out put. RNG what they get so its up to luck.

Yes, it would be better. But she doesn't need a buff. Also RNG on what they get sounds like a horrible idea. I'm glad no ability in Overwatch has the chance to just completely fluke or be amazing so far, hope they never add that.
And if you're taking damage in stealth you're not using it correctly then

It should not be a sprint ability. Lets say that you are playing on Volskaya Industries. You captured point A, you are going to B, then you are going to flank to left side. But a D.Va shoots you from 400 meters away so your invisibility gets canceled. How would you feel? Right now It's just used as a "sprint" ability.

Why would a D.Va shoot at you from 400 metres away? Where are you even positioning yourself? That D.Va has no apparent reason to shoot there unless there are other non-invisible people and if that's the case, why are you grouped with them in stealth? It seems to me the problem you're experience is how you're using it, now how it's balanced.
01/14/2018 04:02 AMPosted by OWSaint
tighter spread
hack through damage
Eh. I'm not certain about the hack through damage. Does give her a bit more than a slight buff. Also I much rather have iframes when she uses her transponder. Also maybe make it so her cloak doesn't go away after being hit, rather it's takes a chunk of duration when she gets hit. Also remove the cooldown period during decloaking.
Sombra needs a buff

no she doesn't

rubbish like hack going through anyway despite getting recall off because of latency is enough after all the whining this community has done to have hack become as annoying as it has

sombra is a niche hero, you're bad at her and need to accept that - that's the only sombra change you need
Sombra shouldn't get buffed because she can turn the tide of an entire game already.

Yeah, only on Grandmaster+communication. No communication/on plat? trash.[/quote]
I think you fail to realise this is how a lot of heroes operate already. Symmetra can be a real pain in the !@# and MVP for players in low ELO's like Silver and Bronze, same with Bastion. In higher rankings they're both easily torn apart. Just because a hero isn't played in a certain ranking doesn't mean they need buffs/nerfs accordingly. I mean look at some of the earlier seasons, Ana saw play in higher ELO's and Mercy saw more in lower.

Why would a D.Va shoot at you from 400 metres away? Where are you even positioning yourself? That D.Va has no apparent reason to shoot there unless there are other non-invisible people and if that's the case, why are you grouped with them in stealth? It seems to me the problem you're experience is how you're using it, now how it's balanced.

Because everyone knows that 1 dmg can cancel it. If you are going to use your translocator from the left window, everyone can see you teleporting.
Think about your biotic field cancelling just because someone dealt 1 dmg from long range while the animation was happening.[/quote]
Biotic Field is a completely different ability. It's just 40 HPS in an area for 5 seconds. Not an ability that allows me to sneak undetected into a backline, or shut down an enemy hero's abilities. Completely different payoff and value, you can't compare them in any way.
01/14/2018 04:25 AMPosted by onetrick
Sombra needs a buff

no she doesn't

rubbish like hack going through anyway despite getting recall off because of latency is enough after all the whining this community has done to have hack become as annoying as it has

sombra is a niche hero, you're bad at her and need to accept that - that's the only sombra change you need
keep telling yourself that