Forced 50/50 is real, and is there to keep people playing.

Competitive Discussion
01/23/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Kaawumba
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Kaawumba, I have viewed your document and I see that you have experience the loss streak after season high that other people have explain. You must understand that when people say that there is loss streak after season high, they do not always mean that it happen immediately after season high. As we see with your data, matchmaker let you linger for a bit before placing you on loss streak. Also, loss streak does not mean 100% loss, it mean vast majority are lost matches that are almost unwinnable. Here is loss streak I see you having:

SEASON 5 (shortly after career high)
LLLLLLLWWLL

SEASON 6 (shortly after career high)
LWLLLLLLWLLWLLLLLL

If you had continue to play in season 7 you would have faced loss streak but I see you stop.

You demonstrate selection bias. You have to consider all the data, not just the data that follows your hypothesis or can easily be rejected.

I reached Career highs 30 times (in 6 groups) in the data.
Of the six groups, they were followed by:
Loss streak : 1
Delayed loss streak: 1
50/50: 2
Season end / end of data: 2

01/23/2018 02:09 PMPosted by MHz
I have paid attention to what you believe, you would say that you have reach career high and are playing against more difficult opponent and so that is why you lose more. This is what I am asking you to observe: please observe that when you go on this loss streak that the team is lopsided. You will have leavers, people who do not cooperate, people who are terrible and the teams are so unfair.

It is poor play to focus on my teammates errors rather than how I can improve my own play. I avoid this as much as possible. It leads to tilting, losses, and missed opportunities to improve.

01/23/2018 02:09 PMPosted by MHz
You are soon to be placed on loss streak similar to above, I promise you this. When this happens, keep playing over and over and you will see how deep this goes. Please pay close attention with open mind, please be honest with yourself and be willing to let the fact speak for itself, I am begging you.

We'll have to see what happens. But if I can't make it to plat, I'll just assume that I am not yet a plat player.

Why have you stop playing? Do you understand that you have played not even nearly enough time to understand the problem with matchmaker? You need at least 120 hours in one single season in order to see the pattern, and need to do this for multiple season. I cannot believe how much I have ignored your lack of actual experience in this game. You have not even brush the surface of experience it take to understand this game!
Kaawumba, I have counted that you have play 250 games. at avg 15 minutes per match you have a total 63 hours of experience ever in this game! My friend, you are just beginning, you are not qualified to have opinions on this matter!

Maybe this is not fair because you have played more than spreadsheet show, but just from spreadsheet I can tell you do not play enough to see the pattern.

I am not try to slander you but put you into perspective
01/25/2018 07:15 AMPosted by MHz
Kaawumba, I have counted that you have play 250 games. at avg 15 minutes per match you have a total 63 hours of experience ever in this game! My friend, you are just beginning, you are not qualified to have opinions on this matter!

Maybe this is not fair because you have played more than spreadsheet show, but just from spreadsheet I can tell you do not play enough to see the pattern.

I am not try to slander you but put you into perspective

Dude. Stop lying. It's not good for you or for your arguments.

From this very thread:

01/23/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Kaawumba
And as long as we are comparing win rates, here are mine:

Season 1: 39.8%, 43-65-0, final SR: 23
Season 2: 49.1%, 144-149-26, final SR 1357
Season 3: 51.7%, 155-145-28, final SR 1395
Season 4: 59.7%, 37-25-3, final SR 1685
Season 5: 52.0%, 64-59-6, final SR 1844
Season 6: 46.7%, 35-40-1, final SR 1840
Season 7: 65.9%, 29-15-4, final SR 2199
Season 8: 60.9%, 14-9-0, current SR 2287

Overall: 50.7%, 521-507-68
Seasons 4-8 (the climb): 54.7% 179-148-14

I don't see any forced 50% here. Generally, my win rate tracks with whether or not I belong in the rank that I'm in.

My spreadsheet doesn't have the older seasons. I wasn't writing anything down then.

If you want to check these numbers, friend me in game, Kaawumba#1133, US PC region. You can look at my career profile.

Also, you are posting from an account with only 61 levels. How does your argument against me not invalidate your own right to speak?
Tell you what. The reason for Blizzard to keep people playing is because Diamond logo is shiny and in Diamond+ there's SR decay.

Just kidding. But honestly even if there's 50/50 I don't exactly mind for as long as there's no toxicity in it. I've experienced this 50/50 at 3200 SR and still managed to finish 3300 SR in the same season. Well, that means its not exactly 50/50 but something kinda keeps me from climbing faster. Maybe I just don't understand or it's a different problem entirely.
tru