The Game is too fast to effectively react to on console

General Discussion
01/24/2018 01:53 PMPosted by ShiroNight
I dunno about you guys but I play 98/98 on almost all heroes and I still feel so slow to aim
Anything above 60/60 gives me immediate problems. I constantly overshoot and get disoriented.
Sounds like a you problem. If you think console is fast?? *laughs* you’ll hate PC. Console is fine. If you can’t react fast enough then you just don’t have a fast reaction to things. It’s normal.
I would recommend slowly adjusting your sensitivity so you can adjust to the sensitivity. Otherwise you might not hit anything.

You might want to also look into the other control styles, like linear ramp or exponential. These might be more comfortable for you.
01/24/2018 02:42 PMPosted by righthere
I would recommend slowly adjusting your sensitivity so you can adjust to the sensitivity. Otherwise you might not hit anything.

You might want to also look into the other control styles, like linear ramp or exponential. These might be more comfortable for you.
I use linear.
Play on console.

Have no problems with that.
01/24/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Astrobiology
01/24/2018 12:50 PMPosted by WaaaitWhut
Both the issues you listed could be fized by adjusting your aim ease in settings(depending on what ramp you use).
I use:
90/90 linear ramp 22 aim ease in no aim assist or aim smoothing.
If you turn off aim smoothing, it will react faster to your movements(less input lag) and upping aim ease in allows for a larger area to be dedicated to smaller movements which can be useful on high sensitivities.

Put it at 0 for 1:1 sensitivity.

I can do flicks just fine, I can also (mostly) track and snipe with no AA

Right so with 90/90 sensitivity it’s like trying to fly a damn airplane. My aim literally went flying.

About that, I incrementally built it up starting from 60/60.
If you don't I would assume it would be near uncontrollable until you get used to it in time ^^

I also use a nacon revolution 2 pro controller, allows me to lower the deadzone and adjust the aim curve(% for slow, medium & fast movements set to 42% slow, 36% medium and 22 % fast movements), so my experience is slightly different to yours.

I suggested blizzard implemented this with a graphical representation of the curve so you could adjust what % of your stick is dedicated to slow, medium and fast movements like with this controller but..

Nobody was interested so the topic died ^^

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761086277#post-3

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761056324#post-10
01/24/2018 05:27 PMPosted by WaaaitWhut
01/24/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Astrobiology
Right so with 90/90 sensitivity it’s like trying to fly a damn airplane. My aim literally went flying.

If you don't I would assume it would be near uncontrollable until you get used to it in time ^^

I also use a nacon revolution 2 pro controller, allows me to lower the deadzone and adjust the aim curve(% for slow, medium & fast movements set to 42% slow, 36% medium and 22 % fast movements), so my experience is slightly different to yours.

I suggested blizzard implemented this with a graphical representation of the curve so you could adjust what % of your stick is dedicated to slow, medium and fast movements like with this controller but..

So how should I gradually increase the sensitivity? BTW I ended up just putting a little aim assist on because I’m twitchy
I bet half of y'all dont even play on console >_>
01/24/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Astrobiology
01/24/2018 05:27 PMPosted by WaaaitWhut

So how should I gradually increase the sensitivity? BTW I ended up just putting a little aim assist on because I’m twitchy
find something a bit lower you can get used to faster, slowly increase it over time? If you play everyday you could add 1 sensitivity every one or 2 days until you've reached a point where you feel you have trouble with smaller movements.

Try to get used to that & adjust it to your liking overtime.
If you add more aim ease & sensitivity you might be able to get higher turn speed and retain smaller movements at the cost of a more compressed aim curve(less 1:1)
01/24/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Astrobiology
Here’s the specific problems:
- can’t flickshot
- can’t aim quickly enough to deal with Tracer and Genji even at high sensitivity

This is it exactly. Why are people trashing the op. These heroes were not meant to be dealt with on console
01/24/2018 12:41 PMPosted by Astrobiology
I’m a Bastion main because I have abysmal fine motor skills cuz I have a autoimmune problem that makes me twitchy rip

01/24/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Astrobiology
Here’s the specific problems:
- can’t flickshot
- can’t aim quickly enough to deal with Tracer and Genji even at high sensitivity

If you have physical limitations then you may want to adjust your playstyle and the heroes that you play.

I don't know the details of your specific disability but perhaps it would be easier to play on PC with a mouse and keyboard?
Uh no its completely fine maybe u just need to get better.