Profit vs xQc

General Discussion
01/25/2018 05:11 PMPosted by NotASmurf
he was fined for 1k

Good, no one is saying what xQc did isn't worse, but there needs to be punishments for all infringements or none, not hunt and peck which ones they WANT to punish.
01/25/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Nyon
01/25/2018 05:04 PMPosted by go123452

The camera is always there. He doesnt know if he is actually live on stream since he cant actually see the stream

Given how sometimes players will wave or smile at the camera when it is focused on them, I'm assuming there is some sort of light or indicator that lets them know the stream is focused on their camera.

Ya they always seem to be able to do a thing for the camera at the exact moment so there probably is a light. Honestly it was wildly inappropriate and people defending it are hypocrites especially considering it was ON the broadcast. Actions done during the live broadcast are WORSE because everyone just saw it and you dont want that associated with your product.
01/25/2018 04:36 PMPosted by zippity
Should personal streams get treated treated differently and not be held to the same standard as official OWL events and streams or should they be treated the same?

The simple answer is no, they shouldn't be treated differently.

Because the players are considered representatives of the league as a whole, personal conduct, regardless of whether it's on the stage or off it, is always held to a high standard. This is true not only of the Overwatch League, but of any professional sports league in the world.

That's not to say that the players can't say or do whatever they want on their own personal time. It's not like they place cameras and microphones on these players and monitor every word and gesture they make in private. The standard isn't meant to dictate every aspect of a player's life, but is instead meant to prevent players from doing anything in the public eye that might reflect poorly on the league.

That's exactly why personal streams aren't exempt. Streams, by their very nature, are meant to be viewed by the public. As such, any player that streams has an obligation to abide by the code of conduct the league sets forth. That's why xQc received the punishment he got. His actions are reflective of the league as a whole, whether it's on stage or on his personal stream. And he clearly understood that, given the look on his face after he made those remarks on stream. He knew the league was not going to let that slide.

And they shouldn't. If the league wants itself and esports in general to be taken seriously and respected by other professional sports organizations (which the league undeniably has in mind as is its ultimate goal), then it has to behave like one.

So yea. This is probably a longer reply than you expected to receive, but I felt like your question was a really important one and deserved an adequate response. Sorry for the wall of text.
Professional behaviour right here bois:
https://twitter.com/xQc/status/956722051343007745

I wish I can call out of my colleague for not receiving performance bonus on twitter (without getting fired next day).
The difference is one is a repeat offender.
01/26/2018 03:56 AMPosted by FAAKIT
Professional behaviour right here bois:
https://twitter.com/xQc/status/956722051343007745

I wish I can call out of my colleague for not receiving performance bonus on twitter (without getting fired next day).
*sigh*

I really don't know what goes through his head before he types/ speaks. I really wish the best for XQC but when he keeps doing things like this it's harder and harder for people to support him.
01/25/2018 04:51 PMPosted by infidel
I'll just say this. If a "pro" NFL player did what Profit did, He would face steep fines!

Steep fines? lol.... hardly, the nfl is a joke when it comes to punishment.

As for xQc, I don't watch his streams or follow him any but Seagull said during a stream there were other things going on internally that he wouldn't talk about which lead to the suspension.
[quote="207593796135"]I'll just say this. If a "pro" NFL player did what Profit did, He would face steep fines!

Steep fines? lol.... hardly, the nfl is a joke when it comes to punishment.

You get 10-15 thousand dollar fines for excessive celebrating in the end zone. So yea, you're right, the nfl is a joke!
01/25/2018 05:03 PMPosted by idSurge
He thought the camera was only 'live' to his teams bench/coach. Not being broadcast.

This is all documented already, and he accepted his $1K fine.

To be fair, their face-cams are always visible to the live audience, as seen in this picture here, below where the players are sitting: http://i.ytimg.com/vi/TwSs6pD5jew/0.jpg

They know the instant they sit down, their faces are being recorded and shown at least to the live audience, if not the broadcast. Not saying I think what Profit did is unforgivable, I totally understand he was just in his own head responding to the crew and felt so comfortable on stage he wasn't really thinking about his public image.
01/25/2018 04:36 PMPosted by zippity
This thread isn't stepping in on if one was worse than the other. However does it matter that what Profit did was on the OWL stream while xQc said what he said on his own stream, does that make a difference? Should personal streams get treated treated differently and not be held to the same standard as official OWL events and streams or should they be treated the same?
profit is embracing British culture no concern here xd