Reins Charge

General Discussion
It's an Instant kill so why does no one complain about it? It kill every hero besides the tanks and can turn into one at full health. My point is if blizzard hates instant kills why does Rein have one.

Skill shot?
Very Punishable?
Risky?

I'm a Rein Main and I love his kit. I just very curious about this.
Its the fact that its very high risk, high reward and doesn’t kill tanks. With hanzo’s scatter, he instant kill 2 tanks and every other character by just aimming at their feet. I never had a problem with doomfist and didn’t think hog needed an instant kill combo(honestly I think the hook cooldown should be reduced by little.)
Because Rein's OHK can take 4-5 to execute while being far riskier?

Even under optimal circumstances you've probably just left your team without a barrier and are now a single target to be picked off.

Basically the only place it can "insta-win" is small rooms, and if you're dumb enough to pick a fight with the Jolly Grey Giant in those circumstances, well...
Ok thank you.
I don't instantly die by it, I have a chance to avoid it, Reinhardt makes a S ton of noise when doing it, and he's now at a disadvantage. Hanzo makes very little noise, and instant kills Zarya, if he gets tired of missing his main shots.
Blizzard doesnt hate instakills, I assume you're discussing the changes made to doomfist back in the day. The fact of the matter is doomfist was just too easy (theoretically) to get an instakill out of due to the oversized hitbox where you could literally hit people through geometry. They tuned down his hitbox to fix this but this brought up a whole slew of new problems with doomfist that blizzard is slowly fixing.

I feel like doomfist was released just as a very buggy character and the giant hitbox fixed a lot of bugs circumstantially without actually fixing the issues that caused the bugs. This is a thing that happens a lot in game dev but in overwatch it can be deathly to release heroes like this, but they have a schedule to keep so they do it.

I imagine these doomfist bugs are part of why theyve been reworking core systems within the engine every few months, most recently the movement
system.

To answer your question, blizzard doesnt hate one shot abilities. Though reins is very punishable, widowmakers is a skill shot so its fine. Doomfist was glitching through geometry and hanzos one-shot is less of a skill shot, so they're reworking.
It's a true high risk high reward thing.
Not like Doomfist that can just fly away.
Once you hit shift, you're exposing your team, yourself, and you're risking a miss, which will leave you defenseless for a while.
A bad charge can lose you the game. So yeah.
Theres a minor delay both in the ability and before he does the actual pin dmg(which can cause him to die before getting a pin) - its somewhat avoidable if youre paying attention, and it can put him in a bad spot if used poorly.

Ive never felt it was a 'cheap shot' by getting pinned by rein. I feel more - well I should of seen that coming...
It’s fairly easy to avoid.
It’s even easier to whiff a charge.
A whiffed charge can leave the Rein out of position and a very easy kill in most circumstances.
Charge doesn’t instakill every hero, and can be stopped by all forms of CC.
The pinned hero can be saved with a Zarya bubble if no one else can CC the Rein.
Hell Rein can straight up die during the charge and the pinned hero won’t take any damage.

I can go on and on
risk. and also, it's a lot easier to dodge it. rein basically becomes a very, very, predictable projectile.

for it to be worth it you often have to put your team, and yourself, at risk. a skilled reinhardt can do this without getting himself or his team killed - it results in a LOT of space and/or a free kill if he survives. as you act like a slow moving projectile, you have to know where your enemies are going and where you are going to end up... not to mention charge is weird and inconsistent sometimes... (although you could argue that about scatter too.)
01/26/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Hulkie
I don't instantly die by it, I have a chance to avoid it, Reinhardt makes a S ton of noise when doing it, and he's now at a disadvantage. Hanzo makes very little noise, and instant kills Zarya, if he gets tired of missing his main shots.
Zaryas a tank she shouldn't die from a charge...
01/26/2018 11:16 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
01/26/2018 11:11 AMPosted by Hulkie
Zaryas a tank she shouldn't die from a charge...

She's the least mobile one that Rein can prey on the most.
01/26/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Hulkie
01/26/2018 11:16 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
...Zaryas a tank she shouldn't die from a charge...

She's the least mobile one that Rein can prey on the most.

I purposefully get pinned as Zarya with a bubble up depending on if I know how close to a wall I'm at.